Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attn: Skins Naysayers...Let's Make A Bet

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

others speculation is not the issue. you said "ALL SIGNS" point to the defense sucking again. im curious as to YOUR list.

Ok, "MANY SIGNS" - sorry for overstating it.

But I do find it hard to believe that a rookie safety and new LB are going to suddenly transform a bottom ranked defense into a powerhouse. I can't see these two players doubling the sack count from last year.

The defensive line was a liability last year and nothing has been done to improve it. The oft-injured players last year are now one year older and will have an even great potential for injury. As a matter of fact, the Skins had the oldest team in the league at the end of last season.

If these statements make me a 'naysayer', so be it. But I think you'd be hard to find many optimists among people who don't list the Redskins as their favorite team. Every time someone in the media says something bad about the Skins, there are tons of threads on here saying how wrong they are. When, more often than not, they have been mostly right.

The problem is missing games here and there, bets off if a big player is done for the year. Giving himself an out when the whole bet is sided for the naysayers that's a small chance of that happening for the bet to be called off.

He is just trying to have fun with this bet because all the naysayers ragging on the optimists. Its not about I'm smarter than you its about I'm confident and optimistic vs. It will never happen or you crazy for believing that.

If your saying that the defense will suck then why not take the bet, you lose nothing and gain everything. Its just for fun loosen up a bit. :cheers:

I'm not saying the defense will suck, I'm saying I don't know enough about this team in May to difinitively say one way or the other, and neither do you or anyone else.

But I get it. If you just want to have some "bar room fun" that's cool. But I don't want to sift through all the "I told you so" threads in January, one way or the other.

Hail,

H

All the more reason they should jump in. So they can keep putting us down for being optimistic.

Well then why aren't they jumping all over this fun bet. They have 1 thing to be missed out 3 and they win. So they need to take up the bet since they wanna bash us optimists in other threads.

I'd be willing to take this bet once the injury clause has been removed. I am willing to make this bet on the defense as a whole, not just the starters.

And for the record, I have never 'bashed' anyone on this board for their opinion. Just because there is disagreement it doesn't mean there is bashing.

The problem is missing games here and there, bets off if a big player is done for the year. Giving himself an out when the whole bet is sided for the naysayers that's a small chance of that happening for the bet to be called off.

You don't make a bet if you need an out. You either are confident enough on your side to make the bet or you are not. You don't leave outs for yourself.

AND... if you are making a bet with the whole purpose of calling out those who bet the other side and suggesting that your side is the TRUE FAN way of seeing thing, then you don't chastise the other side when conceding that if an injury happens, we are screwed because that is EXACTLY what the other side is saying.

Let me try to explain it this way. Suppose you were going to be on whether a movie was good. And one side said "I think the movie is going to be good." And the other side said "I don't think the movie is going to be good because the actors are bad so the acting will suck." What sense would it make to propose the bet of saying "I bet you the movie will be good, but if the acting sucks, then the bet is off"? That is, after all, the one reason the other guy put forward that the movie will suck.

Or, suppose you were betting on a baseball game. Side A: "I think we will win." Side B: "I don't think we will win because our pitching is bad and the pitchers get shelled." Side A: "Don't be such a naysayer hater. I'll bet you we win. Come on and take the bet to show what a naysayer you are. But if the pitchers get shelled, then the bet is off."

This is just stupidity.

I will bet anyone that the proposed goals won't be reached, irrespective of injuries. I will take that bet with anyone. But if you are going to bet the other side, I'm not letting you out of the bet if the very thing that I believe will happen does happen.

That's a suckers bet.

If you want to be "I'm Mr. Good Redskins Fan Optimist and have faith unlike you Naysayers/Haters" then take the bet without conditions. Or quit calling me a name merely because I see and acknowledge the problem with the team, namely depth problems as a result of the horrible front office job.

you're right!

btw...how deep is the hole your head is burried in?!

ostriches...errrr....optimists...are important, good people to have around.....until the time comes for reality to intrude and one needs unvarnished, unemotional analysis.

HAIL OSTRICHES!!!!!!!!!!! HTTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OSTRICHES RULE!!!!!!

:laugh: out loud

all in good fun of course!!!!!!!!

Either you belive we can turn it around and we will or you don't. So which side are you on? Or are you just ranting b/c you don't know what to think.

If you want to be "I'm Mr. Good Redskins Fan Optimist and have faith unlike you Naysayers/Haters" then take the bet without conditions. Or quit calling me a name merely because I see and acknowledge the problem with the team, namely depth problems as a result of the horrible front office job.

The ones who refuse to acknowledge the problems with this team are the main reasons Snyder has no reason to change it.

You can't please everyone, either you belive Skins will turn it around and meet those goals mentioned or you don't. Its not that hard of decision to make, but for some reason some would rather argue about the details of the bet. Which is really a waste of time b/c nobody cares to hear ranting about a small wager.

Ok, "MANY SIGNS" - sorry for overstating it.

But I do find it hard to believe that a rookie safety and new LB are going to suddenly transform a bottom ranked defense into a powerhouse. I can't see these two players doubling the sack count from last year.

The defensive line was a liability last year and nothing has been done to improve it. The oft-injured players last year are now one year older and will have an even great potential for injury. As a matter of fact, the Skins had the oldest team in the league at the end of last season.

If these statements make me a 'naysayer', so be it. But I think you'd be hard to find many optimists among people who don't list the Redskins as their favorite team. Every time someone in the media says something bad about the Skins, there are tons of threads on here saying how wrong they are. When, more often than not, they have been mostly right.

with our record last year and in previous ones you have evey right to be a "naysayer". if you CHOOSE to be.

the media - they are in no way more often "right". they merely conjecture and speculate. look at the most recent Sean Taylor flap that was completely created by the media.

the D line - the coaches have maintained that their beleif was that the problem last year was mainly the secondary. take it for what it is but thats their stance.

i understand your reluctance to believe that our bottom ranked D can become a powerhouse but hey, we did the same thing in reverse last year.

and we didnt just add a rookie safety and Fletcher. there are other reasons, or signs, to be optomistic over.

Smoot is back, so is Stoutmire. Prieleau is healthy. we did get the "best defensive player in the draft" giving us what some in the MEDIA are already calling the best safety tandem in the league. we signed Macklin as well as stole at least one LB in the draft if not two. Goldston showed a lot of promise last year and Carter really came on towards the end. ST is NOT unhappy and is with the team right now. we didnt trade away any of next years picks (yet). AND holdman is GONE.

i see many positive signs that our D will return to pre 2006 form and put the hurt on fools this season. but hey, i choose to be optomistic.

I thought the bet was for a year not a month. Its going to teach to be an optimist no matter what. Because being pessimistic says you give up hope this team will ever do good. I know its hard after 16 years no Superbowl 15 years not a serious contender minus 2 years.

But I hope and pray as I hope you do that you will be wearing that dunce cap. Remember if we get 30+ sacks then we are close to guraunteed a top 15 or top 10 spot.

I'm more leary about the 7+ turnover ratio.

If we win the Super Bowl this year, I will wear the dunce cap for life. I said it and I mean it. I will wear it for the my enitre life on ES if we win the Super Bowl this season.

I hope I am wrong about the numbers!!!! But I am a realist, not a pessimst and I don't think our D will get 35 sacks this year. We only marginally reached that number (39) when we had the 3rd ranked D in the league and did not reach that number w/ the 9th ranked D in the league.

Don't misunderstand what I am saying, I hope we have 50 sacks this year and Golston, Marcus, Rocky and Carter all have double digit sack numbers. I just don't see it happening. That does not make me a pessimist, it makes me a realist.

Its basically saying that the bets off if a big impact player is done for the year before week 12. Not miss game here or there. Season ending.

this is so subjective though. WHO is deemed an impact player? how many games can they miss? what type of injury consitutes a major injury? how about califan backup what he says and say that the D can complete all his goals regardless of what happens to anyone. teams get injured, they have backups that fill in. it happens every year. the colts/bears/eagles all had injuries to key players and their backups filled in fine. we dont have that luxury because we have no depth.

with our record last year and in previous ones you have evey right to be a "naysayer". if you CHOOSE to be.

the media - they are in no way more often "right". they merely conjecture and speculate. look at the most recent Sean Taylor flap that was completely created by the media.

the D line - the coaches have maintained that their beleif was that the problem last year was mainly the secondary. take it for what it is but thats their stance.

i understand your reluctance to believe that our bottom ranked D can become a powerhouse but hey, we did the same thing in reverse last year.

and we didnt just add a rookie safety and Fletcher. there are other reasons, or signs, to be optomistic over.

Smoot is back, so is Stoutmire. Prieleau is healthy. we did get the "best defensive player in the draft" giving us what some in the MEDIA are already calling the best safety tandem in the league. we signed Macklin as well as stole at least one LB in the draft if not two. Goldston showed a lot of promise last year and Carter really came on towards the end. ST is NOT unhappy and is with the team right now. we didnt trade away any of next years picks (yet). AND holdman is GONE.

i see many positive signs that our D will return to pre 2006 form and put the hurt on fools this season. but hey, i choose to be optomistic.

:applause: :applause: naysayers can't see those obvious changes and they would much rather rant about the bet than choose a side. I was always told if somebody is accusing you of something, they may be the ones that are truely the guilty party, and this seems to be the case once again.

So Snyder makes his decisions based on what the optimist think? :silly:

So let's see...Snyder's team has made the playoffs once in the last 6 years yet people on this board are betting that the team will miraculously rebound from a horrible season and then continue to line his pockets with their money. What about holding someone accountable? Until that happens, he has no motivation to change his ways.

I'm not saying the defense will suck, I'm saying I don't know enough about this team in May to difinitively say one way or the other, and neither do you or anyone else.

But I get it. If you just want to have some "bar room fun" that's cool. But I don't want to sift through all the "I told you so" threads in January, one way or the other.

Hail,

H

O ok I got ya. That makes it more fun not knowing what to expect. Because noone really knows what the team looks like right now.

I'd be willing to take this bet once the injury clause has been removed. I am willing to make this bet on the defense as a whole, not just the starters.

And for the record, I have never 'bashed' anyone on this board for their opinion. Just because there is disagreement it doesn't mean there is bashing.

You may not have bashed but the ones who say your crazy etc. for thinking that the defense will suck again.

The injury clause is just for 1 key player that would have a big affect on the outcome of the season. Everything else is in the favors of the naysayers.

These are all valid points. And I hope you are right. But I just don't see it the way you do.

Hey, if we all agreed on every point on this site, it would truly be a boring place.

this is so subjective though. WHO is deemed an impact player? how many games can they miss? what type of injury consitutes a major injury? how about califan backup what he says and say that the D can complete all his goals regardless of what happens to anyone. teams get injured, they have backups that fill in. it happens every year. the colts/bears/eagles all had injuries to key players and their backups filled in fine. we dont have that luxury because we have no depth.

If you can't choose one side or the other, than say so. Ranting about the bet isn't going to change it. Key players are Griff, Washington, S.T., etc. If you don't know who the key players are on your OWN fav team than you got some game watching to do. Come back when you have figured out who our key players are, than make a decision.

If the Colts lost Freeny or Sanders would they be superbowl champs?

If the Pats lost Seymour and Wilson what would happen?

If the Broncos lost champ and Lynch, would they be a contender this year?

Just make a decision and stop ranting about a bet that YOU can't change. If you can't make decision than don't.

Enough of the small talk...its clear what the specifications of the bet are and they are not going to change...the only thing on the line is the avatar for a limited time...the bet is fair and in my opinion favor the naysayers.

the only responses at this point should be "Im in" followed by the roster you wish to join...or no response at all

So let's see...Snyder's team has made the playoffs once in the last 6 years yet people on this board are betting that the team will miraculously rebound from a horrible season and then continue to line his pockets with their money. What about holding someone accountable? Until that happens, he has no motivation to change his ways.

Most guys belive we've struggled b/c of all the different personel changes and coaching changes. So your saying that Snyder doesn't make changes thats why we struggle? Im confused.

These are all valid points. And I hope you are right. But I just don't see it the way you do.

Hey, if we all agreed on every point on this site, it would truly be a boring place.

im not saying that my point make us an automatic contender. im saying they are things to be positive about.

and if you agree that these points are valid you ARE seeing it the way i do, at least a little. your fear of being let down again is just preventing you from embracing that glimmer of hope ;)

Ok, so what if, say, Taylor goes out in Week 3, Stoutmire comes in. Is the bet still on then? Or is it canceled immediately?

If it continues, the optimists either win the bet or no one wins. That makes the bet stacked in their favor.

Enough of the small talk...its clear what the specifications of the bet are and they are not going to change...the only thing on the line is the avatar for a limited time...the bet is fair and in my opinion favor the naysayers.

the only responses at this point should be "Im in" followed by the roster you wish to join...or no response at all

:applause: :applause: Now that being said, can some of you make a decision and stop procrastinating.

Archived