Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attn: Skins Naysayers...Let's Make A Bet

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Excellent... :cheers:

Btw, you quoted NewCliche for some reason lol...his post isnt' even on this thread, I don't think.

Yeah I forgot I did that. It was for the LB corps thread. Complete dumb moment on my part. I skipped out and got caught up on your bet. Lol. . .deet dee dee :doh:

Actually, no...I said a significant injury to a key player, not just a starter...we may only have 3 or 4 key players on defense (Taylor, Washington, Griffin...perhaps Fletcher). If someone like Daniels (God forbid) were to go out with a significant injury, the bet's still on.

Wow...you'd think the naysayers would be all over this bet instead of trying to nitpick it to death.

Wait, Washington and Griffin cant get hurt? You mean the same Griffin who misses time every year and washington who is coming off a hip surgery?

What about Springs, Rogers, or Smoot--all have injury history?

Not exactly a fair bet.

In 2004 we had 39 or so sacks, in 2005 we had slightly less where I believe it was 32 or so. Last year, who knows?, it wasn't anywhere close. Turnover +7 huh?...hummm, that's pretty attainable considering we will probably have the ball bounce our way a little more this year. It can't be as bad as last year can it :paranoid:? With Gibbs being so adamant in his philosophy about not turning the ball over, I'd say we've got a shot at that one. If we have those two things, theorectically we should be ranked in the top 10 really. I'd say that we do it. I'm in...just b/c I think that we have the pieces in place and the depth to get it done. Optimist. Count me in for the avatar bet Art.

HTTR

Let me get this straight. You want people to bet agaisnt the Redskins. That is like betting on your kid to fail at school or get cut from his high school team.

Not only are you asking for people to bet agaisnt their team, but you are taking away the number 1 gripe that people have with the roster....It is full of old and oft injuried players.

Add to the fact that you picked top 15 defense? Why not top 10 or top 5, considering where the D was a year or 2 years ago.

Here ill bet that if CP stays healthy he will rush for 1100 yards? Any takers?

Hate to break this you Califan007, but since 2002 the Skins have had a + turnover ratio just once. We were +2 in 2003. Every other year since has been a - TO year, even 2004 and 2005. It's really a good bet for the naysayers even with injury stips. And before you ask, sorry but I'm not one of those negative types and I never bet against the Skins or for them to fail.

I am not a naysayer. I don't come on this board and trash my team. But, I will take your bet. I think the D has a chance to make it to the top ten, but I don't think they will have that many sacks.

My avatar is on the line, I will wear the dumb dumb avatar for one month if they reach all three goals, you can even enjoy your wiggle room with the injuries clause.

But there is one condition, I will not wear the beyatch avatar. I am no one's beyatch.

If I remember correctly GW defense always rank in the top if they get 35+ sacks. Injury clause isn't really that much wiggle room. 4 out of 11 what's the grade on that.

Wait, Washington and Griffin cant get hurt? You mean the same Griffin who misses time every year and washington who is coming off a hip surgery?

Not exactly a fair bet.

No he saying if its a season ending injury before wk 12. Its more then a fair bet 100%vs.33% and 1 out of 4 who means a lot to the D. That's more than fair. Springs Rogers and Smoot aren't totally prone to season ending injuries.

So you're saying a 25% chance of the bet being called off isn't fair. He put the bet in favor of the naysayers. All around. He is giving himself and others who side with him a 25% chance of it being called off and a 99% chance of losing.

Not exactly a fair bet.

No...they can get hurt (why does everyone skip over the "significant injury" part? lol). Notice also that I defined "significant injury" as them being put on IR before week 14 (or the 13th game).

:laugh:

No he saying if its a season ending injury before wk 12. Its more then a fair bet 100%vs.33% and 1 out of 4 who means a lot to the D. That's more than fair. Springs Rogers and Smoot aren't totally prone to season ending injuries.

So you're saying a 25% chance of the bet being called off isn't fair. He put the bet in favor of the naysayers. All around. He is giving himself and others who side with him a 25% chance of it being called off and a 99% chance of losing.

Its a fair bet for the naysayers, but you gotta to understand that the naysayers will not agree, as usual.

They will complain, call S.T. a scrub, or say that G.W. doesn't know how to coach and Gibbs is washed up and doesn't know how to deal w/ Nfl players anymore. If thats the case than lets see some proof naysayers, your being called out and now your hiding like lil beyatches :laugh:

No...they can get hurt (why does everyone skip over the "significant injury" part? lol). Notice also that I defined "significant injury" as them being put on IR before week 14 (or the 13th game).

Its like they see what they wanna and they twist away w/ it. If they could read they would see that even the injuries are going against us pessimist.

Let me get this straight. You want people to bet agaisnt the Redskins. That is like betting on your kid to fail at school or get cut from his high school team.

Not only are you asking for people to bet agaisnt their team, but you are taking away the number 1 gripe that people have with the roster....It is full of old and oft injuried players.

Add to the fact that you picked top 15 defense? Why not top 10 or top 5, considering where the D was a year or 2 years ago.

No...

I'm asking naysayers to freakin' back up their ****ing with something tangible...Laughing at fellow Skins fans who talk optimistically about the team's chances is about all this group of ES members is good for. Well, I'm challenging them to be good for a little bit more than anonymous insults.

And the injury bug is NOT the naysayer's "number 1 gripe"...it's the lack of talent on the D-line. NONE of them think our "aging, mediocre" d-line can apply anything close to pressure and they definitely can NOT stop the run. Injuries or no injuries. N0t to mention that I already outlined and defined which injuries I'm referring to.

Right now it's looking like I'm calling most of the naysayers' bluffs...they're acting like everything's going against them when everything is leaning in their favor in this bet.

Hate to break this you Califan007, but since 2002 the Skins have had a + turnover ratio just once. We were +2 in 2003. Every other year since has been a - TO year, even 2004 and 2005. It's really a good bet for the naysayers even with injury stips. And before you ask, sorry but I'm not one of those negative types and I never bet against the Skins or for them to fail.

I'm aware of the Skins' lack of positive turnover ratios over the years, which was another reason I put it in there...I thought it would be like honey to a bee for the naysayers (or lasagna to Lenny the Hut). But apparently, not even THAT stat will be good enough...

No...

I'm asking naysayers to freakin' back up their ****ing with something tangible...Laughing at fellow Skins fans who talk optimistically about the team's chances is about all this group of ES members is good for. Well, I'm challenging them to be good for a little bit more than anonymous insults.

And the injury bug is NOT the naysayer's "number 1 gripe"...it's the lack of talent on the D-line. NONE of them think our "aging, mediocre" d-line can apply anything close to pressure and they definitely can NOT stop the run. Injuries or no injuries. N0t to mention that I already outlined and defined which injuries I'm referring to.

Right now it's looking like I'm calling most of the naysayers' bluffs...they're acting like everything's going against them when everything is leaning in their favor in this bet.

They don't wanna do anything but try to twist this in our(pessimists) favor. So I guess we can call those fans naysayers even if they don't have the balls to do it.

We all agree CP wil do that. He inst asking for peopke to bet against their team he is challenging the naysayers who don't believe the defense can get back to top form. If they complete the bet then no doubt the defense will be top ten. Top 15 is just below the halfway mark consindering we were 28th or 30th overall that's still a steep climb. So all in all its still a good bet

We all agree CP wil do that.

He inst asking for peopke to bet against their team he is challenging the naysayers who don't believe the defense can get back to top form. If they complete the bet then no doubt the defense will be top ten. Top 15 is just below the halfway mark consindering we were 28th or 30th overall that's still a steep climb. So all in all its still a good bet

??...The bet goes against pessimists?...Huh? lol

NO, no the bet is in the favor of the naysayers, if they belive what they have said in the past. So that means its not any way in favor of us optimist, if anything its an equal bet for both sides.

I read about 100 negative posts after the draft were did they all go?

Because the naysayers have been having a field day proclaiming the Skins to have "5 wins, tops" because of the defense, Gibbs and Snyder to be complete morons for not drafting a D-lineman, and shouting from the virtual rooftops that our d-line is the "worst in NFL history"...all while laughing derisively at those who dare to show any amount of optimism that the Defense--and thus team as a whole--will be nowhere near as bad as it was last year. With all those negative assessments and such an intense worst case scenario belief system, I would imagine a top 15 ranking by the defense--along WITH the other two stats--would be seen as freakin' impossible by those who fall in the naysayer catagory.

Has anyone, anywhere, EVER been ridiculed for thinking Portis can rush for 1100 yards if healthy? Has anyone, anywhere, EVER written angry post after angry post about how clueless Joe Gibbs is because he didn't draft Adrian Peterson? Has anyone been proclaiming that the Skins' running offense will be pathetic and languish down at the bottom of the stat sheet this upcoming season?

No? Then what's your point?

Archived