Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attn: Skins Naysayers...Let's Make A Bet

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

the concept remains the same. you're no longer betting on the defense but certain players. sooo...any serious injury to any starter and the bet's off? hmmmmmm....speaking of odds....not to mention defining "serious".

sucker bet!!!!!!!!! the illogical positivists will have to do better!

Actually, no...I said a significant injury to a key player, not just a starter...we may only have 3 or 4 key players on defense (Taylor, Washington, Griffin...perhaps Fletcher). If someone like Daniels (God forbid) were to go out with a significant injury, the bet's still on.

Wow...you'd think the naysayers would be all over this bet instead of trying to nitpick it to death.

correct. the point being...as ratios go..this is one that has a variable that is completely independent of the defense...big duh. the bet is on both the offense and the defense.

well the turnover ratio that is being said and done is

For example

Redskins committ 22 turnovers on offense

Redskins grab 39 turnovers on defense

thats a +17 turnover ratio

correct. the point being...as ratios go..this is one that has a variable that is completely independent of the defense...big duh. the bet is on both the offense and the defense.

Please. This part of the bet COMPLETELY favors the naysayers. The only way it favors the rest of us is if the offense has basically a turnover-free season. That's the only scenario in which the defense does NOT have to significantly improve its turnover totals.

Or are you saying that naysayers believe that the defense will improve significantly in that department? lol :laugh:

Make it for one of these two avatars.

duncecopy.gif......................OR ............inmatesbch.gif

I'm Stoopid ...............................The Board's Beyatch

)_______________________________________________________

Where did you get that picture of my mother in law?

I belived we would turn it around and dominate again on D soon as the season was over. Just look at the coaches history, struggles don't last long but they suck at the time.

COME ON NAYSAYERS, put your sig where your BIG mouths are!

Skins D in 07 will be a top 10 D w/ about 35+ sacks and the picks will come if that happens.

Califan, you know what...

I'll take that bet on ONE condition.... injuries are not a factor. Part of the problem with this team's defense is that it has no depth. WHEN (not if) that defense starts to endure the injuries that I believe it will, this group will head right back where it was last year.

Either you believe this defensive crew can do the job or you don't. Regardless of which individuals area there on the field. Personally, I DON'T believe in that group.

So what do you say, Califan? Are we on?

I'll bet against that.

Don't get me wrong, I think the defense will be greatly improved and I think last season was more of a fluke than anything else but I don't see us hitting all 3 of those goals (most notably the sack total of almost twice what we had last year)

Califan, you know what...

I'll take that bet on ONE condition.... injuries are not a factor. Part of the problem with this team's defense is that it has no depth. WHEN (not if) that defense starts to endure the injuries that I believe it will, this group will head right back where it was last year.

Either you believe this defensive crew can do the job or you don't. Regardless of which individuals area there on the field. Personally, I DON'T believe in that group.

So what do you say, Califan? Are we on?

Already outlined my stance on injuries...that there are only 3, maybe 4, players that it effects, and the injuries have to be major ones. Besides, you lose NOTHING if the bet is invalidated because of major injury as detailed above...

Good lord, I have to have ALL THREE GOALS get met to win, you guys only need to have one NOT be met to win...and somehow you're STILL not confident enough in your naysayer stance to take the bet? I'm starting to see how cowardly you guys are when you have to actually back up your pessimistic proclamations.

I'll take that bet Califan...

NO WAY IN HELL the Skins D gets 35+ sacks. NO WAY!

Hey, I wanna win the Super Bowl as much as the next guy... but there's NO WAY the D will be that much improved. I'll bet the "I'm Stoopid" avatar. Take it or leave it.

Oh, and the only injuries that should negate the bet are season enders, meaning injured reserve.

If Griffin and/or Daniels, etc. miss 8 games with "nagging" back/knee injuries all is fair, so don't cry to me...

I'll bet against that.

Don't get me wrong, I think the defense will be greatly improved and I think last season was more of a fluke than anything else but I don't see us hitting all 3 of those goals (most notably the sack total of almost twice what we had last year)

Thank you...a true man among cowards lol :cheers: I figured that the calling card would be that not all three would be met...I didn't think we'd be detailing the minutia of turnover ratios or what details a "significant injury"...

I'll take that bet Califan...

NO WAY IN HELL the Skins D gets 35+ sacks. NO WAY!

Hey, I wanna win the Super Bowl as much as the next guy... but there's NO WAY the D will be that much improved. I'll bet the "I'm Stoopid" avatar. Take it or leave it.

Oh, and the only injuries that should negate the bet are season enders, meaning injured reserve.

If Griffin and/or Daniels, etc. miss 8 games with "nagging" back/knee injuries all is fair, so don't cry to me...

Agreed on the injured reserve injuries...and in fact, no injuries that occur after game 12 will count, either. By that time, the defense should have it's standing and performance rather etched in stone...a few more games won't change anything, unless they're hovering right at the 15th rank point lol...

Agreed on the injured reserve injuries...and in fact, no injuries that occur after game 12 will count, either. By that time, the defense should have it's standing and performance rather etched in stone...a few more games won't change anything, unless they're hovering right at the 15th rank point lol...

OK cool I agree with you 100%

BTW... I WANT you to win, y'know? I mean I want the Skins to win the Super Bowl and the D to be ranked #1! I hope you're optimism turns out to be correct, because I could deal with a dunce avatar so long as the Skins have a great year!

Please. This part of the bet COMPLETELY favors the naysayers. The only way it favors the rest of us is if the offense has basically a turnover-free season. That's the only scenario in which the defense does NOT have to significantly improve its turnover totals.

Or are you saying that naysayers believe that the defense will improve significantly in that department? lol :laugh:

probably true...but you're still betting on more than the defense!

It a one sided bet..I dont think its fair to the naysayers..plus if one of our true playmakers goes down, another player should step up..that is the beauty of football..see betts 1000 yard campaign in 06 for example

Geez...you DO realize that I have to have all three come true to win while you only need one to not come true, right?...that ALONE tilts the bet heavily in favor of the naysayers.

Not to mention that according to the naysayers, the Skins defense has absolutely no chance of even meeting one of those goals, whether healthy or not.

OK cool I agree with you 100%

BTW... I WANT you to win, y'know? I mean I want the Skins to win the Super Bowl and the D to be ranked #1! I hope you're optimism turns out to be correct, because I could deal with a dunce avatar so long as the Skins have a great year!

Yeah, I know...well, actually I don't know, I just assume you do lol :). But the fact remains that it seems that pretty much any post or thread that speaks optimistically about the defense's performance is automatically attacked at "homerism", written by kool aid drinkers who can't be "realistic" and see that the Skins have the "worst d-line in NFL history" and that the FO's drafting of Landry just solidifies another 5 win season.

All I'm really saying is back up the words now...(btw, not saying you personally have said all those things)

Archived