Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ARTICLE: J. Campbell & B. Lloyd to participate in DirectV NFL QB Challenge (May 19)

21KillzCowboys

thats pretty cool, but why loyd???

Because its in the Cayman Islands and anybody would be stupid not to signup just to go. I'm sure he was just the first to jump at the opportunity. You snoose you lose. Now, lets just hope JC and B Lloyd represent. :cheers:

Should also be a good opportunity to see Lloyd's new physique. I've read in several sources that he has worked hard this offseason and added some muscle.

uuuhhhh yeeeaaah, should be a great opportunity :paranoid: and on that note I'll just step over here :movefast:

Here is info on the air date.

Link to Source

The competition, which will be filmed May 19 at Cayman Islands International School Park, will first air 7-9 p.m. ET on Friday, Aug. 3, on ESPN. NFL Network also will air the two-hour special throughout August.

Wow not until aug 3.

Residents of the Cayman Islands and guests who are here to witness this historical event – the first time the Quarterback Challenge has ever been filmed in an international location – will see great quarterbacks such as Jason Campbell (Washington Redskins), Jake Delhomme (Carolina Panthers), Charlie Frye (Cleveland Browns), Tarvaris Jackson (Minnesota Vikings), Brad Johnson (Dallas Cowboys), Byron Leftwich (Jacksonville Jaguars), Alex Smith (San Francisco 49ers), and Michael Vick (Atlanta Falcons) competing.

Not exactly a who's who of NFL qb's.

Jason should do well against them.

looks like Josh McCown won the quarterback challenge. they didnt say how the other QBs fared. this if from www.profootballtalk.com

MCCOWN WINS QUARTERBACK CHALLENGE

To the extent that anyone cares, a reader in the Cayman Islands tells us that Raiders quarterback Josh McCown won the 2007 Quarterback Challenge, which was conducted today at the Cayman Islands International School Park.

McCown was traded to Oakland from Detroit, where he signed as a free agent after his rookie contract with the Cardinals expired. He has 22 career starts in five years.

He might be the starter with the Raiders when the 2007 season begins, but he likely won't be when it ends, given that the team selected JaMarcus Russell with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.

But, hey, no one can take away from McCown the fact that he won a meaningless event that won't be televised until August.

darn. i was hopin jason would win. oh well, guess we wont really know how he did until this thing airs like 5 years from now :laugh:

I'd rather see him win the Super Bowl than the quarterback challenge any day!

I can't believe no one has mentioned what Lloyd will be doing with his free time down there in the Caymans. Per Redskins.com:

During his stay in the Caribbean, Lloyd will be devoting his free time to work with "Stay-Focused," a unique non-profit organization that offers mobility-challenged persons the opportunity to become certified SCUBA divers.

Lloyd will join a very special group of kids as they embrace the opportunity to leave behind their wheelchairs and explore the world beneath the ocean's surface. "I am really looking forward to experiencing the strong will and determination of these kids," Lloyd said. "For them to be able to spend this time participating in an activity without concern for their disabilities is going to be extremely rewarding, and I'm really excited to be doing this alongside them."

Lloyd sounds like he's changed his tune and his attitude considerably. Here's to hope! :cheers:

Archived