Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insane Boost = Brunell??

Skins&Terps07

Hey Guys,

This is kind of a joke thread, so don't beat me up over it, but stranger things have happened.

I kept on wondering who could possibly still think Brunell was the answer over Campbell. After reading many of Insane Boost's posts, I was convinced he actually did believe that Brunell was better than Campbell and this was not some sort of joke or bet or anything of that nature. Someone out there actually wanted Brunell to be the starter, but who?

At the same time, I had been wondering how Brunell had been handling the fact that he's not gonna be the starter. He probably wasn't taking it too well, probably had a bit more time on his hands as the backup and wanted to find something to do. After doing multiple google and ask jeeves searches of his name to pass time, he came across a post on extremeskins displaying him in quite a negative light. This angered Brunell but also peaked his curiosity and he began to investigate what this message board is all about.

Being the super-smart guy that he is, Mark quickly realized that a thriving message board like extreme could quickly turn public opinion in his favor and give him a shot to regain his place under center once again. After thinking up a few possible board names, InsaneBoost was chosen over BrunellRulz08 because it was decided that flying under the radar would be the best approach.

Armed with his newfound board identity, Brunell set out to defend his name and to get the greatest fans of the greatest team back on his side. If the public was calling, no better yet, begging for him to replace Campbell as the starter, Gibbs would have a much easier time pulling the trigger and making the switch if Campbell made some unfourtunate rookie mistakes. Soon he would lead the team back to playoff glory, one dumpoff to Betts at a time.

I don't know if it's really Brunell, but there are always rumors on this board that some of the people work for the Skins or have deep connections within the organization. So why not a player? Whoever it is, they are of course entitled to their opinion. This is what happens when the season is 4 months away and the boredom sets in.

HTTR:cheers:

Brunell is better than Campbell (at this point in his career). I think many people would agree.
I don't think many would agree with you. Brunell > Campbell ? If Brunell is better, why did a rookie have more success and seem more comfortable in the offense? Our best hope as a franchise is to have Brunell retire this offseason.

brunell is awful. campbell's threat to throw the deep ball immediately made him better in the offense and freed up the running game a little bit. throw in his other skills and he is way better than brunell (at this point)

Hey Guys,

This is kind of a joke thread, so don't beat me up over it, but stranger things have happened.

I kept on wondering who could possibly still think Brunell was the answer over Campbell. After reading many of Insane Boost's posts, I was convinced he actually did believe that Brunell was better than Campbell and this was not some sort of joke or bet or anything of that nature. Someone out there actually wanted Brunell to be the starter, but who?

At the same time, I had been wondering how Brunell had been handling the fact that he's not gonna be the starter. He probably wasn't taking it too well, probably had a bit more time on his hands as the backup and wanted to find something to do. After doing multiple google and ask jeeves searches of his name to pass time, he came across a post on extremeskins displaying him in quite a negative light. This angered Brunell but also peaked his curiosity and he began to investigate what this message board is all about.

Being the super-smart guy that he is, Mark quickly realized that a thriving message board like extreme could quickly turn public opinion in his favor and give him a shot to regain his place under center once again. After thinking up a few possible board names, InsaneBoost was chosen over BrunellRulz08 because it was decided that flying under the radar would be the best approach.

Armed with his newfound board identity, Brunell set out to defend his name and to get the greatest fans of the greatest team back on his side. If the public was calling, no better yet, begging for him to replace Campbell as the starter, Gibbs would have a much easier time pulling the trigger and making the switch if Campbell made some unfourtunate rookie mistakes. Soon he would lead the team back to playoff glory, one dumpoff to Betts at a time.

I don't know if it's really Brunell, but there are always rumors on this board that some of the people work for the Skins or have deep connections within the organization. So why not a player? Whoever it is, they are of course entitled to their opinion. This is what happens when the season is 4 months away and the boredom sets in.

HTTR:cheers:

Did you know my neighbor has rabbits??

I don't think many would agree with you. Brunell > Campbell ? If Brunell is better' date=' why did a rookie have more success and seem more comfortable in the offense? Our best hope as a franchise is to have Brunell retire this offseason.[/quote']

Why did Campbell have more success you ask? First off, it is debatable whether or not Campbell did actually have more success. Brunell had a better winning percentage as a starter at 3-6 than did Campbell at 2-5. While the offense as a whole improved under Campbell, the passing game regressed.

Campbell had the benefit of a prolific running game, accompanied by Gibbs' return to smashmouth football after the Tampa Bay game. Some might say that our success running the football was a result of opponent's respect for Campbell's deep ball, but that was not the case. Brunell did not have the benefit of a similar running game, yet still quarterbacked a more productive passing game. In games where the Redskins ran the ball effectively (Jacksonville, Houston, and the second Dallas game), Brunell had very productive outings. Though Campbell was the beneficiary of strong running game in all but one of his starts, he had few stellar outings.

Again, I'm not suggesting that we replace Campbell because that would set the franchise back. However, Brunell is the better quarterback right now.

you guys are all too gullable, i've talked to insaneboost many times and he does it purposely to egg you guys on, just like all his trade portis posts, because it's obvious you guys jump all over it like a lion on a gazelle :doh:

Lokk here's what I think about Brunell, he is a good QB and a good guy off the field, that being said, he is at the Joe Namath-When his knees went out stage. Mark is not capable of staying healthy in a 16 game season. Campbell is younger and more athletic and his time is now, Mark is beaten up and injury prone but he is a perfect back up who will excel in a short stint in relief of Campbell. JC will be effective as a starter he is our franchise guy.

Why did Campbell have more success you ask? First off, it is debatable whether or not Campbell did actually have more success. Brunell had a better winning percentage as a starter at 3-6 than did Campbell at 2-5. While the offense as a whole improved under Campbell, the passing game regressed.

Campbell had the benefit of a prolific running game, accompanied by Gibbs' return to smashmouth football after the Tampa Bay game. Some might say that our success running the football was a result of opponent's respect for Campbell's deep ball, but that was not the case. Brunell did not have the benefit of a similar running game, yet still quarterbacked a more productive passing game. In games where the Redskins ran the ball effectively (Jacksonville, Houston, and the second Dallas game), Brunell had very productive outings. Though Campbell was the beneficiary of strong running game in all but one of his starts, he had few stellar outings.

Again, I'm not suggesting that we replace Campbell because that would set the franchise back. However, Brunell is the better quarterback right now.

did brunell have a different offensive line or something?? and last time i checked cp's better then betts.... ur right when he was in the line up they did run it more effectively and it was because they respected the pass..

they stacked the box when brunell played because they didnt respect his passing and in stacking the box they stuffed our running game thats why it wasnt good when brunell played.....

and those game where u mentioned that brunell had a productive outing because of the running game is because the offensive line completely dominated... in campbells game they respected him

wow im amazed that people still thing that brunell is the better QB :doh: :slap:

The most ridiculous post i have read in a while.

The reason why Brunell didn't have an effective running game was a direct result of brunell himself. We never were able to open up running lanes because of our short passing game and brunell's unwillingness to throw the deep ball every once in a while. Teams had 8 in the box which was effective against both the run and the pass while Brunell was at the helm.

Campbell came in and in his FIRST throw went long which immediately provided the threat of the deep game which we had sorely been missing for the whole first half of the season. This moved the defense back and allowed Betts to have running lanes, which would have been much better exploited by Portis, and average his 4.7 ypc. And do not bring up that ridiculous houston game in support of brunell. The dude threw maybe 2 or 3 passes past 5 yards in that game.

The only thing that Brunell has on Campbell at the moment is that he is a more accurate passer.

CAmpbell has more poise

Campbell has more pocket presence

Campbell has a better arm

Campbell has more mobility

CAmpbell provides a deep ball

At this point CAmpbell is a much better QB than Brunell and that was evidenced by his play in the last 7 games of the season. If you watched them you would realize that if Campbell had a mediocre defense we woulda won 2 or 3 more games, most notably against the Falcons, Iggles, Rams, and the Giants in which he had prolly his best game.

Like I have said before about Brunell. I think he is a great guy and maybe one day will be a NFl coach but right now please just step aside and let Campell take over. The other fact is Brunell will not come out of the game when he is hurt and can't make a pass over 25 yards!! 2004 played when he was hurt and end of 2005 season was hurt,2006 same thing. Can't stay healthy to give us one full season-WE CAN"T HAVE THIS!!

Archived