Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clemens is a Yankeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

TODD

You are the one who brought up money, and last i checked the problem with the yanks is middle relief not just starting pitching.

Probably because their best potential middle relievers (Igawa, Karstens, Rasner) are forced into STARTING!!! If you add starting pitchers through personnel moves and bringing guys off the DL, then these spot starters will make pretty solid relief.

I'm not sure what you're not getting here, booma.

You are the one who brought up money, and last i checked the problem with the yanks is middle relief not just starting pitching.

Was the last time you checked 2005?

Lets see: Wang, Mussina, & Pavano were all hurt. Igawa has been god awful. The Yanks have used TEN starters already this season, through 30 games.

The bullpen could be fine, if they didn't have to start pitching in the 4th inning every game.....

Clemens can help that, cause he'll go five innings. :)

Igawa was sent all the way back to single A yesterday. :doh:

Really? I knew he was gettig smacked around, but down to the sally league? Is it at least the high A team? The Yanks paid 26 MILLION just to talk to the guy, and another 20 for the contract yikes.

Is this punishment/banishment?

Or is it just to get his confidence up by beating up A ball hitters? I mean, AAA is way closer to Japanese pro baseball than A.

I think it's a confidence thing. We didn't spend all of that money to give up after a month. He'll be back.

Jesus, I knew the Red Sox were obsessed with the Yankees, but this is a little ridiculous. The top stories from redsox.com:

RED SOX UPDATE

• Red Sox mailbag: Who starts at second?

• Red Sox confident without Clemens

• Red Sox 'pen holds down Twins for Schilling

• Bauman: Rocket return helps both sides

• Statement from Red Sox on Clemens

• Clemens announces return to Yanks

• Red Sox notes: Manny gets some rest

• Ian Browne's MLBlog | Dice-K coverage

• More Headlines | Post a Red Sox blog

• RSS News Feeds

Don't lie that was your email :laugh: :laugh:

The Yankees WEAKNESS is not starting pitching, yes some are hurt right now but Wang is back now, Pussina and Pretty are fine. What is killing the Yankees is their middle relief, even before they had those injuries the middle relief has been killing them all year.

Clemens will give them another pitcher who can not eat up innings anymore and wear down the bullpen more.

Their starting pitching will be just fine and they still have 3 good guys right now. The problem they have had this year and last was the middle relief. Once again Yankee fans prove they are not smart as they think they are :silly:

Nope. You just shelled out a ton of money for a Japanese player that is getting smacked around more than Tina Turner when Ike was on a bender.

he is getting used to the league and is 3-2 with a .244 ba against I am not complaining, he is going to get better as the year goes on :)

Guest sith lord
In the age of 'Roids I can see why some people think this about Clemens.

But, I don't buy it b/c we don't see Clemens pitching night after night in non-stop 9+ innings.

In his defense, Clemens hasn't bulked up over the years like Bonds/Mcguire did. Clemens (as far as I know) doesn't have connetions to Balco like Bonds did. And Canceco has stated that he was never aware of Clements being linked or using steriods unlike a bunch of other players that he knew.

But it sucks that he had to go back to the Yankees....... I can't stand them, the Dallas Cowboys of MLB :mad:

Go back and look at Clemons in 86 and look at him now and then come back.

he is getting used to the league and is 3-2 with a .244 ba against I am not complaining, he is going to get better as the year goes on :)

He's 3-3 with an ERA over 5. And the first time a pitcher faces batter is supposed to be a HUGE advantage to the pitcher.

The way you are talking about the money.. you'd have to assume that you are saying that the Yanks "over-paid" for Roger Clemens. That is just silly. We all know that no amount of money is too much for Mr Steinbrenner. :)

I am glad my team did not shell out a ton for an aging player that has not even practiced this year, and might be saving the money for someone who can help now and years down the road.

Why does this sound like a generic response? You know.. something one would say when their team dropped the ball on getting a player that they wanted?

The way you are talking about the money.. you'd have to assume that you are saying that the Yanks "over-paid" for Roger Clemens. That is just silly. We all know that no amount of money is too much for Mr Steinbrenner. :)

Why does this sound like a generic response? You know.. something one would say when their team dropped the ball on getting a player that they wanted?

They wanted him but not bad enough. Yes it would have been nice to have Roger but he is not worth the headache and money. The sox had a price and if he didn't want it they were fine with that. The sox are pretty solid with their pitching right now barring any injuries. Once Dice gets through one rotation in the AL and starts to understand the MLB game more he will get more comfortable.

What I am wondering is was this just about money for Roger or did he want to go with the yanks over the sox. I think it was whoever gave him the most he was going there.

It would be nice for Roger to end his career with the sox but now I don't see it happening. That is what I would have liked to see not just as a redsox fan but a baseball fan.

They wanted him but not bad enough. Yes it would have been nice to have Roger but he is not worth the headache and money. The sox had a price and if he didn't want it they were fine with that. The sox are pretty solid with their pitching right now barring any injuries. Once Dice gets through one rotation in the AL and starts to understand the MLB game more he will get more comfortable.

That is not solid if you are relying on a pitcher to "get more comfortable with the MLB style of play". Better than the Yanks though? I will not deny that.. But, you still have to hit the ball as well.. pitching will only get you so far. :)

What I am wondering is was this just about money for Roger or did he want to go with the yanks over the sox. I think it was whoever gave him the most he was going there.

I listened to his interview on TV the other day.. he was on the golf course and he went on to talk about how he has a ton of friends on the Yanks ( Jeter, Riveria, Posada, and Most Importanly Joe Torre just to name a few). He said on the BoSox, he has Tim Wakefield. He then went on to say that if Joe Torre werent the Yanks skipper than he wouldn't even have went to the Yanks. SO, while the money was a no-brainer.. I also do believe that the fact that he has more friends and Joe Torre on the Yanks.. that helped with his decision.

It would be nice for Roger to end his career with the sox but now I don't see it happening. That is what I would have liked to see not just as a redsox fan but a baseball fan.

I am happy the way it turned out. Not as a Yanks fan but, as a baseball fan. :)

SO, while the money was a no-brainer.. I also do believe that the fact that he has more friends and Joe Torre on the Yanks.. that helped with his decision.

I am happy the way it turned out. Not as a Yanks fan but, as a baseball fan. :)

What is interesting here if the Boss did want to get rid of Joe recently now what happens if the yanks end up say 12 back?? Did Roger get his word Torre will be the manager no matter what?

I will add when the rumors started it would be a mistake getting rid of Torre, a huge mistake.

`

ummm... conventional wisdom is that the more rotations a pitcher has around the league, the better it is for the hitters.

`

ummm... conventional wisdom is that the more rotations a pitcher has around the league, the better it is for the hitters.

Right, look a the DeSalvo (sp?) guy the Yanks threw last night. Dominant pitching, but it's because no one had ever seen him before. No way will the guy be a ~3.00 ERA pitcher. Dice-K is not overpowering, his unique style was supposed to catch MLB hitters completely off-guard. It hasn't, and I don't see him nearly being worth his price tag.

`

That is true for a pitcher that has been in the minors but there are two adjustments going on right now, Dice with his catcher and how to pitch in the pros and the batters trying to get used to him. From what I have seen from Dice K I am not worried at all. All the analysts have said he is going to get better once he gets used to learning HOW to pitch in the MLB there is a huge difference then in Japan.

Right, look a the DeSalvo (sp?) guy the Yanks threw last night. Dominant pitching, but it's because no one had ever seen him before. No way will the guy be a ~3.00 ERA pitcher. Dice-K is not overpowering, his unique style was supposed to catch MLB hitters completely off-guard. It hasn't, and I don't see him nearly being worth his price tag.

First off DeSalvo went against one of the least impressive offenses in the American League.

Second, Dice-K looked pretty good tonight. 7 innings. Gave up 1 run on 5 hits and struck out 8. His stuff has the potential to be pretty dominating.

Archived