Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have we speculated what place on the team does Lamar Marshall fit in yet?????

Unless something has been announced and I've missed it, Lemar Marshall is currently one of our starting outside linebackers. Seems to me that it's his job until Rocky unseats him. If that happens (no sure bet at all), then Lemar will be a valuable utility guy who can play all positions at linebacker.

Unless something has been announced and I've missed it, Lemar Marshall is currently one of our starting outside linebackers.

Since when? He was our starting MLB until this offseason. As far as I know, he hasn't been handed the Will role. Neither has Rocky for that matter. I would guess it would depend on who plays better in training camp.

Jason

I think Riggo-toni is right. The great thing about Marshall is his versatility. He used to play DB, so they can pretty much use him anywhere in the backfield. I think he's an unspoken player--one who is quiet and flies under the radar. Perhaps that's why he never felt fully comfortable in that position. He was no slouch, though. Very capable and I'm glad he's with the team.

He'll start at WLB.

I find it a little wierd many are assuming Rocky will start, he hardly was on the field last season, and looked a little lost when he was. Think he's gonna need some more time to earn minutes.

You want to give me that Jersey for like 70 or so bucks? :)

anyways, I liked Lemar Marshall, always have, it's just that last year he was the blame for some of our woes, but it wasn't all his fault, it's the teams fault as well, they just had a bad season

Im sick and tired of this trash about Carlos Rogers being a bust. He has only played two seasons in the NFL, it takes longer then that to tell if someone is a bust. How about people forming their own opinions instead of repeating other poster's narrowed insights on Rogers? Rogers is good in coverage and in run support, he never had good hands since he got alot of deflections in college. If people brothered to watch games and focus on Rogers, it becomes clear.

Agreed. The whole defense sucked last year. I was pissed when he just trotted after Galloway into the end zone and complained how it was too difficult to cover him one-on-one. I'm over it now. Hopefully he'll fulfill the promise of his rookie year. If not Smoot and Macklin will fill the slack but I have the feeling he'll rebound in a big way. He's definitely a big physical corner.

hes going to play the #1 backup to every position unless (doubtful) Dallas Sartz or H.B. Blades beats him out for the backup roll for a position. i think the main reason we aren't cutting him is because we dont know about marcus and rocky's injuries just yeat

If Rocky wants to play he's going to have to beat out Marshall at WLB. While Marshall had a shoulder injury, Rocky had a knee injury. We'll see how it turns out. I'm just happy that Holdman will not be playing WLB. Why is Marshall's age an issue? He's still 3-4 years younger than the DEs.

I agree completely. Rocky and Marshall will compete for the WLB spot, but I beleive by the end of the season Rocky will be starting it. Marshall was a great WLB in '05. He's decent against the run. His real strength is the fact that he can cover TE's and RB's in pass plays, which gives the D more versatility to blitz from the DBs.

He is still in his prime years, and if we end up having LM for depth and situational downs... we would be blessed.

We better NEVER go to a 3-4 unless we get a new DT and a new DE. Philip Daniels MAYBE could be a 3-4 DE, but Carter DEFINITELY cannot. There isn't a SINGLE nose tackle on the roster. Griffin cannot play NT in his condition and circumstances.

If we go to a 3-4, Gregg Williams won't even be able to get a job as a high school football coach.

I agree completely. Rocky and Marshall will compete for the WLB spot, but I beleive by the end of the season Rocky will be starting it. Marshall was a great WLB in '05. He's decent against the run. His real strength is the fact that he can cover TE's and RB's in pass plays, which gives the D more versatility to blitz from the DBs.

He is still in his prime years, and if we end up having LM for depth and situational downs... we would be blessed.

If Marshall were as good as you think, Lance Briggs would be on this team right now.

Also, don't tell me Rocky won't start. If Rocky weren't going to start, AGAIN Lance Briggs would be on this team right now.

i think he will still get a lot of reps at linebacker with rocky taking the starting role. he'll prbably get a few series on d each game and maybe play at LB in passing situations since he's a pretty decent coverage LB

It's time to cut this guy loose. The Skins hang on to players like Marshall much too long. Let one of the younger guys accept the responsibilty that Marshall is entrusted with.

If Marshall were as good as you think, Lance Briggs would be on this team right now.

Also, don't tell me Rocky won't start. If Rocky weren't going to start, AGAIN Lance Briggs would be on this team right now.

I can understand your second point, but not the first. Nonetheless... especially due to Rocky's surgery... I beleive the possibility of Marshall starting until he's ready is strong. I'd like to see your reasoning on that second point.

Lemar will get plent of PT this year and definately wont be reduced to taking over for Arch Deluxe as special teams captain.

He'll compete with Rocky for the WLB position and more than likely will play on nickel passing d packages.

Nickel D (how will anybody ever get a 3rd and long against this d?)

De- washington

dt- griffin

dt- daniels

de- carter

olb-marshall

mlb-fletcher

cb-los

cb-springs

cb smoot

fs-ST

ss Landry

First, I think LM will be the starter at the WLB position until Rocky beats him out. If Rocky beats him out, he will be the #1 backup at all 3 LB positions, both for rests during games, and in case of injury.

Gotta like that.

He's just going to be the backup for all the LB's, which is good because if any of our LB's go down our D wont miss a step. But although Marshall is a good LB, its time to get Rocky started since we invested a lot to get him last draft. Should work out great tho....

Archived