Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DISSED by Kiper

ThePreciating

Hey, don't be dissin' my man Mel. As of right now, he's tied for leader in the clubhouse with Gosselin on my "Grade the Mocksters" Project ... with a sparkling 10 out of 32 first round picks correct.

There was a "time" when the Colts were the joke of the NFL, and now they're the darlings...

There was a time when the Patriots were the biggest joke ever, but now they're the Darlings...

The list goes on and on...one day we will be looked at with much "prestige" and the Patriots and other "darlings" will be a joke...

It's the cycle of the NFL...

was.gif: GRADE: C-

Washington had only one pick in the first four rounds and made the most of it, getting LaRon Landry. (You could argue Landry was the best defensive player in the draft). Drafting Landry will allow Sean Taylor to play center field and roam the middle of the field. Landry will be in the box, and that will negate his weakness, which is judging the deep ball. In the fifth round, the Redskins took an average linebacker in Dallas Sartz ; linebacker HB Blades was a decent sixth-round pick although a bit undersized; and QB Jordan Palmer never really emerged as a potential starter.

Click here to send a question for Mel Kiper for possible use on ESPNEWS

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/insider/columns/story?columnist=kiper_jr_mel&id=2847594

Sounds about right to me. He didn't mention the 7th rounder.

There was a "time" when the Colts were the joke of the NFL, and now they're the darlings...

There was a time when the Patriots were the biggest joke ever, but now they're the Darlings...

The list goes on and on...one day we will be looked at with much "prestige" and the Patriots and other "darlings" will be a joke...

It's the cycle of the NFL...

That's because those teams dumped the people who made them a joke and hired people who knew what they were doing.

Suzy Colber was hooking us up...thats why I enjoyed NFL network's coverage better...they always went back and discussed every pick....on ESPN we always fall during a commercial and never get brought back up....go Kolber...though I like Kiper and Jaws is my boy...we just always get stiffed by ESPN.

Here's my $0.02

We drafted for need. Ask any of these pinheads who our starting "safety" (take your pick strong/weak) was and I'll bet no one knows who that is. We got PP coming off serious knee injury, Stoutmire and Doughty. That's freaking it. Period. So did we draft for need? Damn trippy. Plus, we got "the best defensive player in the draft". Eff their grades. The defense is improved with Landry. You could have stuck any name in that position and it would be an upgrade. PP is good, but he ain't Landry.

Right now, I'll take our dbs and safetys over any team in the league. All this talk about the d-line sucking, forget what GW did with the team he had 2 years ago. His d-line in DC has never been about sacks. It's always been about LB's & DB's making plays.

Both of these positions have been seriously upgraded this offseason.

It happens all the time on ESPN and it's sickening. The Skins are pretty much the prime example of how not to run a franchise to them.

for example-

"The Patriots have a pulled a Redskins and won the offseason. Unlike the Redskins, the Patriots can actually win in the postseason" -Trey Wingo, NFL Live, 4/30/07

90% of the time he is dead on. But I still can't get over the fact that he thought Mike Williams out of USC was the best player in that draft. And he thought Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington, and Tim Couch were franchise quarterbacks. So, you know whatever.

haha ... so we don't get mentioned by the media. I don't give a **** ... they can say whatever they want about the 'Girls getting like their 5th OLB in 5 years and getting a QB in the 4th?!?!?! Also getting 2 OT, that's really smart.

But, the team that had the best draft by far was the Eagles. They don't have a legit starting QB or 2 solid veterans, so they go ahead and draft a guy who's projected to e a 4th rounder in the 2nd round; really smart.

The only guy I even listen to when it comes to draft info is Mike Mayock. I think he's more objective and doesn't (to me) have personal favorites when it comes to certain teams. He is also well prepared, but he's still not an NFL scout and if he was THAT good or Kiper as a matter of fact, they'd probably make even more money with the front office of an NFL team and not with a television network. However, they probably still make more than most with these organizations.

Hey, don't be dissin' my man Mel. As of right now, he's tied for leader in the clubhouse with Gosselin on my "Grade the Mocksters" Project ... with a sparkling 10 out of 32 first round picks correct.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cheers:

Mel seems to take it personally whenever any team doesn't treat the draft seriously enough for him.:D He downs the Skins and pretty much refuses to discuss them in years they don't have many picks. Personally, I want to hear an evaluation of the actual picks to hear how a team did. If you're going to start judging based on how many picks a team has, you need to then get into judging how players acquired with those picks worked out. And that gets messy.

Archived