Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys were close to landing CJ

tr4

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=1&id=3BDC784F-BAF6-F101-CCB1F1C266CA663E

pretty interesting article that I am only putting up because it mentioned that the Cowboys were very close to trading for Calvin Johnson. Only thing holding the deal back was that Lions were either asking for Demarcus Ware or Roy Williams in the trade. Jerry wasnt letting either of them go I guess.

pretty interesting article that I am only putting up because it mentioned that the Cowboys were very close to trading for Calvin Johnson. Only thing holding the deal back was that Lions were either asking for Demarcus Ware or Roy Williams in the trade. Jerry wasnt letting either of them go I guess.
It sounds like they were not close to trading to me.

and he will draft a reach pick at a position they are loaded at, and be gone in three years

the puppet master

Still playing that "puppet master" tune?

Gee, you'd have thought that trading back up to get Spencer would be enough to show you Phillips influence on the team already.

He was the most coveted player by Phillips who he had a realistic chance of nabbing.

And now he's got him, AND Cleveland's top 5-10 pick next season.

Cant really spin this one negatively.

well if being turned down is close

the skins were close to getting Johnson

so were about a dozen other teams :laugh:

im sure there were other teams in the hunt for CJ but would love to see any article or reference that backs that up. i posted this because it was the first thing i heard about potential trades going on with the Lions. And if you ask me when a team is in serious negotiations to trade for a player that is close.

Still playing that "puppet master" tune?

Gee, you'd have thought that trading back up to get Spencer would be enough to show you Phillips influence on the team already.

He was the most coveted player by Phillips who he had a realistic chance of nabbing.

And now he's got him, AND Cleveland's top 5-10 pick next season.

Cant really spin this one negatively.

the fans here will find a way to spin it, dont worry. If Jerry was what everyone here says he is then the boys would have drafted a receiver and not a Phillips guy that fits right into his system.

the fans here will find a way to spin it, dont worry. If Jerry was what everyone here says he is then the boys would have drafted a receiver and not a Phillips guy that fits right into his system.

Spencer was the worst pick the pukes could ever come up with. How about a RB, OL or even a young WR?

I couldn't have asked for a better choice... :laugh:

Spencer was the worst pick the pukes could ever come up with. How about a RB, OL or even a young WR?

Well, as luck would have it, they also landed the offensive lineman they were in love with in OT Free. And in the 4th round to boot.

And in the OT from BC and they really addressed the issues at offensive line.

RB? not really. Not a single expert sees that as a hole or need.

Only you do.:whoknows:

And WR? Not any really worth it at 26 or in the 3rd round.

Thanks to JJ though, we've got 2 #1's next season to address that. :)

Well, as luck would have it, they also landed the offensive lineman they were in love with in OT Free. And in the 4th round to boot.

And in the OT from BC and they really addressed the issues at offensive line.

RB? not really. Not a single expert sees that as a hole or need.

Only you do.:whoknows:

And WR? Not any really worth it at 26 or in the 3rd round.

Thanks to JJ though, we've got 2 #1's next season to address that. :)

That JJ is a genius for sure. I've been meaning to ask, WTF happened with the unspoken rule of NOT trading within the division?

When I saw the puke/Eagle trade I couldn't stop laughing...because I was with a group of puke fans who just **** their pants.

I had been concerned that the pukes were actually doing something good with the Cleveland trade, but Jerry soon brought me back to reality with the Eagle deal.

What a doozie! For Spencer! Just awesome.... :laugh:

That JJ is a genius for sure. I've been meaning to ask, WTF happened with the unspoken rule of NOT trading within the division?

When I saw the puke/Eagle trade I couldn't stop laughing...because I was with a group of puke fans who just **** their pants.

I had been concerned that the pukes were actually doing something good with the Cleveland trade, but Jerry soon brought me back to reality with the Eagle deal.

tr1 is the only person I've heard say that we needed a running back. The skins must have done well today.

When Spencer is sacking McNabb, Eagles fans can puke.

By trading within the division Dallas, in essence, got a first round pick, probably a top 5-10 pick, for their 3rd and 5th rounder.

And then he lands the OT's he's wanted to boot.

Good times indeed.

would have been much easier if you just said this before the draft even started, "[insert Players Name Here] was the worst pick the pukes could ever come up with."

For a guy that had a lot to say about the Cowboys lack of pass rush and the defensive collapse last season adding another pass rusher somehow becomes the worst pick in the history of the world. Who else at 26 should they have taken? You act like there were 5 more Calvin Johnsons available for the boys to take with that pick. Or you could draft a guy that the two top tackles in the draft said was the hardest matchup they had last season. The boys drafted an outside linebacker to eventually take over the job of the aging ellis who can come in and immediately play for the Cowboys in a strictly pass rushing role. So now you got Demarcus on one side and Spencer coming from the other. But your right they should have taken Sidney Rice or Dwayne Jarrett with that pick :doh: .

you always seem to be around a group of Cowboys fans for some reason. Not sure about this unspoken rule either. Havent even heard any commentary from anyone about how strange it was for the Eagles and Boys to make a deal. Again jerry gave up basically a 3rd and 5th rounder to get back in the first. And that was expendable because he had just picked up the Browns FIRST ROUNDER. Jerry wanted to get in where the eagles were at because the Patriots were apparently going to draft him after the Eagles pick (side note that the fact the Patriots were going to draft this kid should tell you something about him). And again sounds like your commenting on Spencer when you probably dont really know anything about him. Watch some Big Ten highlights sometime instead of taking the, "ive never heard of him before so he must suck" approach.

Well you still have Tony Romo sits to pee as your QB, so that's more of a liability than anything....

Trust me, he will be exposed as a Cade McNown this year.

would love to know how he will be exposed?

what unspoken rule are you talking about. SF and Sea. also made a trade, and dont forget that Dallas once gave the redskins a number one, way back when they (skins) drafted Andre Johnson)....so although it dosnt happen much, it still happens.

Archived