Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Remember We can Always Do this...

NotInOurHouse

so, what happens if we finish 6-10 next year (assuming injuries) and end up with a top 8 selection again, EXCEPT that pick is then going to the Chicago Bears or New England Patriots for what this year is a #24 or #31 pick?

that ain't a smart way of building a team over the long term my friend :)

so, what happens if we finish 6-10 next year (assuming injuries) and end up with a top 8 selection again, EXCEPT that pick is then going to the Chicago Bears or New England Patriots for what this year is a #24 or #31 pick?

But at least we are using the draft and not free agency. And looking at the schedule we SHOULD but not guaranteed to finish a lot better than 6-10. We didnt even finish as bad as the Broncos thought we were going to this year.

Do you really want Carlos Rogers on the field? Unproven Carlos "toast" Rogers, and Fred "Shake what your momma gave you" Smoot, who hasn't played well in years isn't exactly a dominant set of backs.

God forbid we get rid of Springs.

Do you really want Carlos Rogers on the field? Unproven Carlos "toast" Rogers, and Fred "Shake what your momma gave you" Smoot, who hasn't played well in years isn't exactly a dominant set of backs.

God forbid we get rid of Springs.

I think Carlos is going to have a huge year.

I was wondering the same, if Branch keeps falling would we someone create a trade to get him. I don't see Springs being traded. He's getting up there in age, and doubt you'd see someone trade a young 21 year old draft choice for 32 year old

(I know it wouldn't be a staright up deal but still)

Springs at 32 is worth more to the Redskins for 2007 than he is to any other team, save a club like the Patriots that is hoping to return to the Super Bowl.

Because of his age, Springs is likely to net no better than a #4 or #5 pick.

the idea that he can be packaged for a #2 pick is just not going to happen.

...however we could also go to the Super Bowl and have the #32 pick. The uncertainty plus waiting an extra year is why future picks are valued one round lower.

I honestly see us going at least 8-8 this season so this is a move I'd strongly consider making for Branch.

After watching the Browns do it for Quinn, this almost seems quite a bit more reasonable.

The question now becomes "Is anybody left worth trading next year's first for?" I am sure most of us still believe that help is needed on the D-line. Are any of the remaining guys worth that type of trade?

The browns gave up the 33rd pick in this draft, plus probably a top 10-15 pick in next year's draft, just to get Dallas' selection today at 22. We don't have enough ammo to trade for anything for a while - and by the time something gets within reach Branch will be gone.

I think the Redskins will consider using a pick next year to get one this year, but only if someone they really are high on drops further than they had hoped. Otherwise, I just dont see it happening. This year they are really set on keeping things simple and not going hog-wild.

After watching the Browns do it for Quinn, this almost seems quite a bit more reasonable.

The question now becomes "Is anybody left worth trading next year's first for?" I am sure most of us still believe that help is needed on the D-line. Are any of the remaining guys worth that type of trade?

Branch is still there....

I agree with Bulldog - although I understand the urge....you have to learn to delay gratification. Its the difference between being a perennial contender, and feeling like you have to draft to 'win now' every damn year. The Patriots will keep their picks this year, despite having a ****load of them - and it'll pay dividends for years to come. We have to change our approach. We're paying for our policy of throwing picks away like less desirable halloween candy now - but we've got to do better in the draft if we're ever going to be consistently successful again.

Archived