Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lil Wayne AKA Weezy = THE Best rapper alive

skinsfan07

Lil' Wayne is nowhere near the best rapper alive.

And whoever said Guru would punish him is 100% correct because he actually talks about stuff that's WORTH IT. Not, "I can't feel my face". There are so many rappers out that are better then him that this thread shows how ignorant the poster is to the genre.

Lil' Wayne is nowhere near the best rapper alive.

And whoever said Guru would punish him is 100% correct because he actually talks about stuff that's WORTH IT. Not, "I can't feel my face". There are so many rappers out that are better then him that this thread shows how ignorant the poster is to the genre.

He's ignorant because he has an opinion different from yours? :rolleyes:

Really? "He" flow is amazing? :doh: Rappers are nothing but a bunch of idiots who don't know the English language. And, obviously idiots buy their crap.
:laugh:

And obviously, only geniuses on a level beyond human care what other people listen too.

Why you hatin on me stickboi?

And all Wayne doesn't just talk about drugs and money. Maybe if you listened to him you'd know that.

Yo, I'm not hatin' on you persay. I mean it's just that nobody cared about him till Fireman and GO DJ, which are two weak (especially Fireman) songs. If you like him since his beginning nothing wrong with that. So if you've been a fan of him for most of his career not just The Carter II, then werd and props to you. I actually do listen to some Wayne but I just think best alive is a little much. He def. has the most technical skill of any mainstream rapper.

skinsfan07 have u listened to any of the other rappers mentioned. because i believe if u have u would realize lil wayne is not at thier levels. i like listening to lil wayne and other southern rappers at parties and stuff like that but when im alone listening to music i wouldnt touch that kind of music.

Yo, I'm not hatin' on you persay. I mean it's just that nobody cared about him till Fireman and GO DJ, which are two weak (especially Fireman) songs. If you like him since his beginning nothing wrong with that. So if you've been a fan of him for most of his career not just The Carter II, then werd and props to you. I actually do listen to some Wayne but I just think best alive is a little much. He def. has the most technical skill of any mainstream rapper.

I have listened to him since he was with Cash Money just coming up. Maybe that's why I like his music more than most. Maybe I should change the thread title to best Mainstream rapper. Becasue he is.

Considering a 17 year old posted this thread I really did try and be open minded when clicking on the link to a "rapper" whom has never as much as caught my attention. And after clicking on the link, and listening very carefully twice, I can say I could come up with at least 20 rappers alive better than him. I have to lean on the opinion this guy is garbage. Who is better? Here's four for starters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDCDrcZK4NE

skinsfan07 have u listened to any of the other rappers mentioned. because i believe if u have u would realize lil wayne is not at thier levels. i like listening to lil wayne and other southern rappers at parties and stuff like that but when im alone listening to music i wouldnt touch that kind of music.

Precisely.

Tracks that showcase his lyrical talent:

Georgia Bush

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giJt4IBLBhc

Cannon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfWo6vrqFZM

Tracks that showcase his diversity:

Shooter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkKaK9DAz7M

Leather so soft

There are obviously more. I don't have the time to go through all of his music and point out that he does have talent. It's very hard to disagree that there is a mainstream rapper out right now who is lyrically superior. Kanye is one of my favorites, but the way wayne rhymes just catches my attention. Anyone want to argue the mainstream rapper point?

Just listen to a few of these before you throw stones at the man. He IS the best mainstream rapper out there. Nas isn't mainstream, Wu tang isn't mainstream any more. The only mainstream rapper that could possibly touch him is Jay-Z.

i can agree that he is probably the best mainstream rapper, which is not saying to much, if u dont count nas or loupe fiasco. i hate jay-z. i tried to listen to the songs brad put up with an open mind but if that is his best lyrical effort i am not impressed at all i acually expected better. when i was listening to georgia bush i couldnt help but think of other political rappers that have songs like that that are 20X better.

Personally, I think RZA is the best with GZA and Masta killa a close second.

Even RZA himself admitted that he is not a real lyricist, he admits to just being the Wu-Tang producer. While RZA can spit some hot verses (Triumph, A Better Tomorrow, Protect Ya Neck)....he has a very weak flow and its kinda hard to understand him. As far as ranking the MC's in the Wu...it would be like....

GZA

Inspectah Deck

Ghostface Killah

Method Man

Raekwon

Masta Killa

RZA

U-God

The link Kevin put up is what rap is supposed to be. Whether battle rap full of boasts or social rap like KRS-One, there's something wholly different about that Classic song and ANY current rap today. And here, different is BETTER.

The link Kevin put up is what rap is supposed to be. Whether battle rap full of boasts or social rap like KRS-One, there's something wholly different about that Classic song and ANY current rap today. And here, different is BETTER.

AMEN to THAT. Old school all the way.

Archived