Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

M-1 of Dead Prez vs Fox News (Its Beautiful!!!!!)

Thinking Skins

Imus may be a racist or he may not be, but what irks me about the situation is how his comments, while being in poor taste, were automatically labeled as racist comments.

We're not talking about a Michael Richards situation here where he intentionally used racial slurs to offend people. He called them "nappy-headed hos," ok that's bad and all, but is it really a racist remark?

Does it really call for Al Sharpton to get on air and piss and moan? Does it really call for the entire Rutgers team crying about the remarks in a press conference?

No it doesn't. Like I've said before, look on these girls' iPods and I bet you'll see songs that use the word ho.

And all of the comments about rappers has to do with a freedom of speech thing. Nearly every black rapper has used the word "ho," and you don't see Al Sharpton on TV talking about how they are degrading their own race.

How ridiclous can you really be. OF COURSE THE TERM "NAPPY-HEADED" IS RACIST. It refers to a specific type of hair that only african americans have. I can't believe you are still making these ridiculous arguments. Your post holds no crediblility at all as all you hvae demonstrated is your misunderstanding of what racist remarks are and how the music industry is run.

We (black men) dont disrespect black woman (or woman in general) just for the hell of it. In life, you run into real self respecting woman who deserve respect, and you come in contact with woman who are not about anything, they are just materialistic, they will cheat on you, they will have sex with your best friend. Those are what we call "B-tches". And we have no love for them. And thats not just black men, thats all men. Rappers just say what most people wont. JayZ explains this very well.

(Hey ES, dont ban me again, I put this here to make a point. I tried to edit this the best that I could).

Artist: Jay-Z

Album: The Blueprint 2: The Gift & the Curse

Song: B*tches & Sisters

(Let's describe a certain female)

[Jay-Z]

(B--ch) you know my name and the company I own

(B--ch) you like my style and you smell my cologne

(B--ch) don't try to act like my track-record ain't known

(B--ch) you probably gotta couple CD's in your home

(B--ch) don't make me say it twice, you acting all up tight

Also diddy like, like, like

You ain't a (B--ch), I ain't no ball player, you ain't gonna get pregnant again

Hit off with paper, you gonna get hit off and slid off

Before the neighbors take off to go to work

So just, take off your shirt, don't hit me with that church sh*t

(B--ch) I got a sister who schooled me to sh*t you chickens do

Tricking fools, got a whole Robin Givens crew that I kick it to

They be hipping dudes, how you chickens move, I be listening to

(B--ch) (B--ch) (B--ch)

Don't make me say it thrice, you acting all up tight

Also diddy like, like

You ain't a (B--ch), You ain't no better cuz you don't be f---ing rappers

You only f--- with actors, you still getting f---ed backwards

(B--ch) Unless you f---ed a dude on his own merit

And not the way he dribbles a ball or draw lyrics

You're a (B---ch), No ma, you're a (B--ch)

*Whiny female voice*

Yo Jay-Z, why you gotta go and disrespect the women for?

[Jay-Z]

(B--ch)

Sisters get respect, b--ches get what they deserve

Sisters work hard, b--ches work your nerves

Sisters hold you down, b--ches hold you up

Sisters help you progress, b--ches will slow you up

Sisters cook up a meal, play their role with the kids

B--ches in street with their nose in your biz

Sisters tell the truth, b--ches tell lies

Sisters drive cars, b--ches wanna ride

Sisters give-up the ass, b--ches give-up the ass

Sisters do it slow, b--ches do it fast

Sisters do their dirt outside of where they live

B--ches have dudes all up in your crib

Sisters tell you quick "you better check your homie"

B--ches don't give a f---, they wanna check for your homie

Sisters love Jay cuz they know how 'Hov is

I love my sisters, I don't love no B--ch

^^^^ Yeah I think people are forgetting that there are in fact real life ho's in the world. I just saw a video, taken by a security camera, over at filecabi.net that showed a girl have sex with two guys at the same time in an alley behind a bar. That's a ho. And she deserves to be called a ho.

Tupac's "Wonda Why They Call U Bytch" and N.W.A.'s "A ***** is a *****" also explain it well.

m-1 has a point and i can see where fox news is comming from but like someone else said since when do rappers speak for the black people.. and as long as we keep bringing race into everything thats the way we will act to one another..in order to destroy racesizm"bad speller"we must destroy the word race...we are people.with different ethincities and religions and one will always think its better then the other.....****'em all......im for judgeing on character and actions....i bet all you guys when you first heard of the killer in virginia i can bet all you thought it was some crazy white kid.....is that being racisit?????????...my point is..........most people are ****in robots and can't upgrade with out the goverments programs............decolinize your minds people................................................go skins...lol

We (black men) dont disrespect black woman (or woman in general) just for the hell of it. In life, you run into real self respecting woman who deserve respect, and you come in contact with woman who are not about anything, they are just materialistic, they will cheat on you, they will have sex with your best friend. Those are what we call "B-tches". And we have no love for them. And thats not just black men, thats all men. Rappers just say what most people wont. JayZ explains this very well.

Tailgate is getting near Stadium level with this post.

You were saying about a double standard? Pro Black- positive White Supremacist - negetive conotation.

Never mentioned either as positive or negative, just what the label may be for both genre's as I've heard them. Probably should have said Black and White Supremacist groups although I've heard a black supremacist rap group. The rap groups I've been exposed to who call themselves pro black more so for the uplifting of the black race, as opposed some of the rock groups out here that for the ideals of the supremacy of the white race. They're is even a group with two young white girls who sing about supremacy.

Yes, we can all agree that his statement was degrading towards women.

Imus may be a racist or he may not be, but what irks me about the situation is how his comments, while being in poor taste, were automatically labeled as racist comments.

We're not talking about a Michael Richards situation here where he intentionally used racial slurs to offend people. He called them "nappy-headed hos," ok that's bad and all, but is it really a racist remark?

Does it really call for Al Sharpton to get on air and piss and moan? Does it really call for the entire Rutgers team crying about the remarks in a press conference?

No it doesn't. Like I've said before, look on these girls' iPods and I bet you'll see songs that use the word ho.

And all of the comments about rappers has to do with a freedom of speech thing. Nearly every black rapper has used the word "ho," and you don't see Al Sharpton on TV talking about how they are degrading their own race.

Again, great cover by Time:

Timeimus.jpg

:wtf: Huh?

First of all, Don Imus has a laundry list of racist comments to his credit, which means, he IS a racist. What else does he have to do to demonstrate his racism, lynch someone?

After Mel Gibson's offensive tirade there was a mob after him, calling for him and any of his material to be outlawed and banned.

Your comment regarding Al Sharpton in this case are false. If Al Sharpton didn't step up in this situation who would, the media? It's obvious they don't understand the degree of the insult he made. Anytime someone from any ethnic group becomes a victim of offensive comments, there is a leader from that community who voices their displeasure with the situation. Al Sharpton is no different in this case. You are also, obviously misinformed because Al Sharpton has been raising the issue of the depredation of women and misogyny within rap culture.

For you to insinuate that the Rutgers players have songs with the word "ho" in their "ipods" is ignorant and irresponsible.

For you to say Nearly every black rapper has said ho in their songs also shows you ignorance about rap music.

Yea it was one of the most ignorant posts Ive ever read on this board.

:bow: Thank you, thank you very much.

:laugh: How is what I said ignorant when its the Gods honest truth? Im definetly not saying that all woman are like that. Im just saying that there are females that are just straight up scandalous. Just like there are men who are straight up scandalous and crooked as hell. They want women only for their money, sex, drive their car, type up essays for them or whatever. They lie to them and tell them all the things they want to hear and use them for everything they got until the next best thing comes along, and they go through that same routine with that new female. And what do females call those types of guys??? They call them dogs. And there are females who are the same way. They do the same things as the males I just mentioned. So, if the scandalous men are called dogs, it's only fair that the scandalous women are called dogs to. And what is the term for a female dog? A b--ch. So you need to stop being overly sensitive and step away from your computer, and stop living in a fantasy world. Cause whether you like it or not, Im right.

But you know what, let's be friends dude. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

:psyche: :nutkick:

listening to them is like listening to Klan rock

No its not. Dead Prez isnt anti-white, they are anti-government. Ive seen them live, and the entire crowd was damner all white, and all of them knew every word to them Dead Prez songs. If you haven't listened to any of their albums, you shouldnt speak on what you dont know about.

Never mentioned either as positive or negative, just what the label may be for both genre's as I've heard them. Probably should have said Black and White Supremacist groups although I've heard a black supremacist rap group. The rap groups I've been exposed to who call themselves pro black more so for the uplifting of the black race, as opposed some of the rock groups out here that for the ideals of the supremacy of the white race. They're is even a group with two young white girls who sing about supremacy.

I wasn't calling you out, just simply showing how common the double standard is. To put one race ahead of another is racist. To be "proud" of the color of your skin is racist and foolish ( unless like me you are covered in old school sailor type tattoos:D ). We are all different partially because of race and it would be nieve to think different, but unless you figure out a way to choose the color of your skin, I don't know how to find pride in it.

I could give you all sorts of different White Pride bands. Screwdriver is probobally the best as far as the music goes. They claimed to be a nationalist band for the UK and USA, but they are almost as racist as you will find. Johnny Rebel is the most racist white musician you are gonna find.

The problem with Imus making these comments as compaired to say Jimmy the Greek was Imus was putting those girls down by making an insesitive comment and has a history or racist doings. Jimmy the Greek was just like that. He knew everybody was different and didn't care. I rember a conversation with where Hank Goldberg said he would call him Hank the Jew and it was no big deal, because he didn't mean anything by it. Black women have nappy hair, ever used Murrys? I think the problem is calling them hoes. Thats what I have a problem with.

First of all, Don Imus has a laundry list of racist comments to his credit, which means, he IS a racist. What else does he have to do to demonstrate his racism, lynch someone?

You're probably right about Imus, but even if he is a bigot, I refuse to accept that his choice of words were a racial slur. Again, degrading to women? Yes. Racist? No.

Your comment regarding Al Sharpton in this case are false. If Al Sharpton didn't step up in this situation who would, the media? It's obvious they don't understand the degree of the insult he made. Anytime someone from any ethnic group becomes a victim of offensive comments, there is a leader from that community who voices their displeasure with the situation. Al Sharpton is no different in this case. You are also, obviously misinformed because Al Sharpton has been raising the issue of the depredation of women and misogyny within rap culture.

Al Sharpton tries to get his name in the news anyway he can (in hopes of a successful Presidential bid, which will never happen by the way) and that's the only reason he jumped up and started crying about Imus's comments. Sharpton is hardly the poster boy for raising awareness for the black culture...does the name Tawana Brawley ring a bell?

For you to insinuate that the Rutgers players have songs with the word "ho" in their "ipods" is ignorant and irresponsible

Do you really think that none of these women listen to rap music? Almost everyone listens to rap and almost every rapper has used the word ho before...which brings me to your next redundant and shallow point...

For you to say Nearly every black rapper has said ho in their songs also shows you ignorance about rap music.

Maybe you listen to Will Smith or whatever, :whoknows: but most of the rap CDs I've listened to have used the word ho or *****.

I am curious how you would know what the prevailing thought in the black community is...the fact that you throw Al and Jessie int he argument, like they are actual "black leaders" shows how much you know about the prevailing thought in the black community. There is a difference between "Black Leaders' and "leading blacks"...Jessie and Al are the latter of the two.

Ok, if it isn't, than explain why that is what we hear and see as the norm??

Every person who is black and stands up against that thought pattern gets crucified. Bill cosby is one. Who is promoting this ideology?? And if blacks do not agree, why is it the prevaling mind set today?? If you answer blacks do not agree than that seems to point to how weak a race blacks are because why would they allow that to dominate a culture if they didn't agree with it?? If you answer they do agree, than it only proves my point.

I will just personally say, that evey black friend or colleage I know feels the way I commented on, that blacks have a pass because of oppresion and the past with whites. They coined the slang terms, so they get to exclusively use them.

Learn sarcasm, it might help you in life.

I understood that it was a sarcastic statment. It was the point that you were trying to make and your little "it might help you in life" comment in your last statement that comes off as being ignorant.

I understood that it was a sarcastic statment. It was the point that you were trying to make and your little "it might help you in life" comment in your last statement that comes off as being ignorant.

Definately stretching now. Give it up.

Archived