Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Might not be Okoye, Branch, or Landry

morpheusmeyers

A lot of the talk on ES has revolved around Okoye vs. Branch, or Landy versus either.

But what if the 1st 5 picks go like this...

1) Jamarcus Russell Oak

2) Brady Quinn Det

3) Adrian Peterson Cle

4) Gaines Adams TB

5) Joe Thomas AZ

I don't think it's going to happen, but there's an outside chance that CJ slips to 6. If CJ goes to TB @ #4 then Gaines Adams could fall to us.

It all comes down to Detroit and Cleveland. If they take Quinn and Peterson one of the big 3 (Adams, Thomas, or CJ) will be there for us. And if so I think we take whichever slips.

If Detroit takes Joe Thomas or Gaines Adams and Cleveland takes CJ then we're going to be looking at Okoye, Landry, or Branch. But if that happens I think we'll have a trade down offer from someone wanting to nab Quinn or Peterson.

Like I said..."If CJ goes to TB @ #4 then Gaines Adams could fall to us."

If Quinn and Peterson go 2-3 then one of Thomas, CJ, or Adams will be there for us. Even if TB takes CJ at #4 (probable) then Adams will be there at #6.

If Quinn and/or Peterson are there @ 6 then I think we have trade down offers.

In short, I think we're going to have our pick of whichever one of the big 3 slips, or a trade down opportunity from someone trying to get Quinn or Peterson.

any way this draft works we will have at least 2 top 5 potential players fall to six. We should be able to trade out if we want to and we are willing to take what is offered.

That said if CJ falls to 5 Arizona will get one hell of a good trade offer from someone. Imagine CJ on ATL. At least Vick would have no more "my wr's suck" arguments to defend his play with.

I'd say 50-50 Detroit takes Thomas. They might go Quinn though.

I really can't see Thomas getting past AZ at #5. Only if TB takes Adams over CJ and AZ takes CJ over Thomas.

Thomas @ 6 wouldn't fill the most glaring need but it would be a great pick. He could play LG, or better yet, move Samuels to LG and plug in Thomas at LT.

It could very well be Russell, Quinn, Peterson, Adams and CJ ... but I can't believe the Skins will be that lucky. My gut tells me Atlanta will trade with Zona to spoil the CJ party unless Skins trade Portis or Betts to Cleveland to spoil Atlanta's CJ party.

CJ would make Vick look like he is actually a qb, provided CJ lives up to the hype. In a way I would feel sorry for him if atlanta drafted him.

It wouldnt shock me if Tampa/Detroit made some sort of deal. Im just ready for the draft because we could roll the dice a million times and still not guess what will go down with who, let the draft be over with already!

A lot of the talk on ES has revolved around Okoye vs. Branch, or Landy versus either.

1) Jamarcus Russell Oak

2) Brady Quinn Det

3) Adrian Peterson Cle

4) Gaines Adams TB

5) Joe Thomas AZ

I don't think it's going to happen, but there's an outside chance that CJ slips to 6. If CJ goes to TB @ #4 then Gaines Adams could fall to us.

It all comes down to Detroit and Cleveland. If they take Quinn and Peterson one of the big 3 (Adams, Thomas, or CJ) will be there for us. And if so I think we take whichever slips.

If Detroit takes Joe Thomas or Gaines Adams and Cleveland takes CJ then we're going to be looking at Okoye, Landry, or Branch. But if that happens I think we'll have a trade down offer from someone wanting to nab Quinn or Peterson.

It's possible. With Simeon Rice limping into the locker room on a walker these days, TB could use a solid DE. But then again, Joey Galloway soaks his dentures in a glass at night, so I wouldn't count on it.

I say if CJ isn't available, we grab Gaines Adams or Laron Landry.

You're right, Morpheus is the Greek god of dreams.

True dat on the last post. We really don't know how the 1st 5 picks are going to play out. Let it be draft day already!

Oakland will prob take Jamarcus but could still wind up taking CJ...especially if they sign McCown.

Detroit will prob take Quinn but Thomas isn't out of the question

Cleveland. Peterson? Or Quinn is he's there. Or maybe CJ.

TB. CJ is he's there. But maybe Gaines Adams.

AZ Joe Thomas. But would they pass on CJ if he's there?

I still think Peterson and Quinn could go in the top 5, which would bounce either Adams, CJ, or Thomas out of the top 5. Hear Skins aren't that impressed with Adams though.

1) Jamarcus Russell Oak

2) Brady Quinn Det

3) Adrian Peterson Cle

4) Gaines Adams TB

5) Joe Thomas AZ

If, If, If, If........... if you post this scenario one more time, I going to ...........

:mad:

You really think the Raiders will take him?

As good as he is, they need a QB desperately. With their current QB/OL situation, Randy Moss isn't even putting up decent numbers.

Yes. Randy Moss is going to be traded to the Packers. They will get their QB either in the second round(Stanton) or in a trade(Rodgers/Plummer?) or through FA(Jeff George :)).

You really think the Raiders will take him?

As good as he is, they need a QB desperately. With their current QB/OL situation, Randy Moss isn't even putting up decent numbers.

But Randy Moss is currently in (as of last years performance) whiney child mode - its a new all star cheat mode in Madden; somehow it transpired into the real world. It basically means that he sits on his rear sucking his thumb unless he gets 50 balls a minute thrown his way without a defender in sight.

Come to think of it, I think TO caught some of it as well, well that was the only thing he was catching regular last year anyway.

As for the draft - well personally I think between all of us now we have practically talked it to death, I dont think there is one player we havent discussed at length and lets face it; none of us is any closer to knowing who we will draft really.

The good news is - TWO MORE WEEKS!

ahem, you dig!

Now here's one you haven't seen. i promise:

1. Calvin Johnson

2. Gaines Adams

3. Brady Quinn

4. Amobi Okoye

5. Joe Thomas

6. The Anti-Christ :evil:

Edit: OMFG!!! After posting this I just went over to NFLdraftcountdown. This is the new lineup Wright has:

1. Calvin Johnson

2. Gaines Adams

3. Jamarcus Russell

4. Amobi Okoye

5. Joe Thomas

6. Adam Carriker(maybe he's the anit-christ?)

Archived