Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gaines Adams highlight.

illone

I am starting to think that Carricker will leapfrog Anderson come draft time.

It could happen. Carriker is a guy I wouldn't mind drafting, so long as we can trade down and do it.

I firmly want to shore up the dline with some young talent. Just don't trust the talent pool at the top of the draft this year.

So just because he is the consensus #1 that means he is going to stop the run?

:rolleyes:

I don't really have a strong opinion one way or another but this really does go both ways...maybe he won't stop the run, but we know he can pressure the QB. We already have a defensive end who is pretty good at stopping the run...in fact we have 2 for sure in Wynn and Daniels...our pass rush was terrible last season also. With the addition of London Fletcher and the loss of Warrick Holdman, hopefully we will be better at stopping the run, however we have not really taken steps to improve our pass rush. Both areas are of concern.

The main point is that this draft appears to rich in DL types, especially DEs.

Adams may be more of a pure pass rusher than some of the other DEs but if he gets double digit sacks and numerii QB hurries.....who cares.

In that event, we'll be patient while he works on his run stopping.... normally the domain of the DTs, LBs, and safeties anyway.

After failing to trade their # 6 pick, the Redskins could be on the verge of stumbling into a GOOD decision.

Skins fans don't often get to look forward to Draft Day. Enjoy !

I don't really have a strong opinion one way or another but this really does go both ways...maybe he won't stop the run, but we know he can pressure the QB. We already have a defensive end who is pretty good at stopping the run...in fact we have 2 for sure in Wynn and Daniels...our pass rush was terrible last season also. With the addition of London Fletcher and the loss of Warrick Holdman, hopefully we will be better at stopping the run, however we have not really taken steps to improve our pass rush. Both areas are of concern.

Great point, also, a healthy Griff and Salavea should help the run d not to mention Fletcher and Rocky/Lemar WILL be an upgrade over Holdman.

I really don't understand what you guys are expecting out of this #6 pick? An all around run stuffing, pass rushing beast? Our DL is soft, one player will not correct this however Adams could be a key piece when more talent is brought in.

A complete DL is not made in one offseason. Adams is a playmaker and anyone who saw the leagues all time worst team at causing turnovers knows we need playmakers.

I'm expecting Jamaal Anderson. Someone who can stop the run and rush the passer. Adams might have great moves, but he gets trucked my running backs smaller then him.

If not G. Adams then we need to trade down because J. Anderson is another P. Daniels all over again. Plus we could use a strong pass rusher like G. Adams, last year it was more of a tackling thing against the run and lack of pass rush against the pass no one can cover a reciever if the QB has all day. We need a pass rusher!!!!!!!!!!!:applause:

If not G. Adams then we need to trade down because J. Anderson is another P. Daniels all over again. Plus we could use a strong pass rusher like G. Adams, last year it was more of a tackling thing against the run and lack of pass rush against the pass no one can cover a reciever if the QB has all day. We need a pass rusher!!!!!!!!!!!:applause:

Are you serious?

Anderson had more sacks in a tougher conference. Anderson schooled Wisconsin tackle Joe Thomas who people are describing as a 15 year franchise tackle.

Yeah, Anderson is Philip Daniels all over again..

Anderson is dropping almost as hard as Branch in many draft boards in particular Kiper's who now ranks him as the 16th best prospect, he used to be in his top ten. Seems like as teams get closer looks at Anderson they are less and less impressed. You have some teams talking up Adams but I don't recall any team of late at least publicly hyping up Anderson as their MUST pick.

Yeah if Anderson was as good as he's hyped up by some board members -- stud against the run and an even better pass rusher than Adams -- then he would be EASILY towering over Adams in mock drafts and be a top 5 pick. I don't recall any draft board, magazine, or draft geek touting Anderson as a top 5 pick.

He could end up a stud but am not reading any oohs and ahs about him right now.

Anderson is dropping almost as hard as Branch in many draft boards in particular Kiper's who now ranks him as the 16th best prospect, he used to be in his top ten. Seems like as teams get closer looks at Anderson they are less and less impressed. You have some teams talking up Adams but I don't recall any team of late at least publicly hyping up Anderson as their MUST pick.

Yeah if Anderson was as good as he's hyped up by some board members -- stud against the run and an even better pass rusher than Adams -- then he would be EASILY towering over Adams in mock drafts and be a top 5 pick. I don't recall any draft board, magazine, or draft geek touting Anderson as a top 5 pick.

He could end up a stud but am not reading any oohs and ahs about him right now.

I could'nt say it better myself ,my thoughts exactly.

Commenting strictly on that clip, Gaines Adams' momentum is going sideways and Michael Bush had his shoulders squared and heading north/south. Most guys would have gotten run over . . .

I take my comment back. Gaines had that play read and still didn't attack it well.

It will be corrected at the pro level no problem. even pro's get ran over so what. If you guy's ever played football you would understand this.:rolleyes:

roll your eyes somewhere else, dude. I was commenting strictly on the clip and I do like Gaines Adams. Take your self-righteous attitude and :jerk:

If that is your sole reason to not draft Adams, you're a fool.

You do realize that Adams came sidestepping, after turning around, and actually managed to slow down a running back who had a full head of steam.

Any running back in college could have done that. Most High School runningbacks could have done that. Thats like me pulling a chair out form underneath you, and expecting you to tackle a person running right at you.

Which clip were you watching, ghost?

:laugh:

He got abused in that clip, no two ways about it. He didn't even put his arms out.

Anyways, there are other guys in this draft who I think will help the Skins that much more than drafting Adams. Trading down for Carriker is one. Trading down for Chris Houston is another option, and then we can get Harrell, McBride, Pit**** or Mebane w/ the extra pick.

I put this in the other thread, but it deserves one on its own. Gaines Adams is a one dimentional playmaker who can't be counted on to stop the run.

I liked watching him last season, and he made some tremendous plays for Clemson, but I think he will be a liability in the running game, a la Freeny. We need a guy who can do both.

Just say NO to Adams.

Blah, blah, blah, so he gets run over one time out of how many??? Man didn't Brian Dawkins get run over by Mike Sellers once, and would you consider him a crappy safety, NO, Dawkins is still one of the best, so my consensus says I'd still go for Gaines Adams........... He has the most upside.

Archived