Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gaines Adams highlight.

illone

Not sure why you even posted this.

I think every Redskins fan in the world would buy his jersey if he panned out. The purpose of the thread is to discuss the fact that he is a risky player to draft in the 6 spot because he doesn't offer the dual threat that our defense needs. We don't need a pure pass rusher. We have a guy like that in Carter.

If you read the thread you would see that I think the guy is a tremendous athlete. One that the Skins can't afford to take the risk on based on the type of player that he is.

Sure, we need sacks, but one player isn't going to magically improve our sack numbers. If anything, better play on the inside will improve our sack numbers, judging by the play of Salave'a/Griffin in 2005. Both those guys played lights out and you saw a defense that created more turnovers and consistently stopped the run. 2006 proved a different story all together as the play of those two dropped due to injury.

Now, I'm not saying we won't find use for a pass rushing end. Im certain we can, but not at the expense of the 6th pick int he draft. Far more value can be attained by going another direction depending who falls to us on draft day.

Drafting Carriker, Harrell, or even Chris Houston meanwhile acquiring a 2nd and possibly a 3rd round pick to be used on a OG provides FAR more value to the Redskins than simply taking a situational pass rusher just because we need more sacks.

I posted for the same reason you started a thread with the same video that we've all seen since Jan., because I was apparently bored. What makes you so sure that the players you listed above are going to be any good? are you just playing the safety in numbers game?

Here's a hint for you no defensive player is considered a complete product this year, at least on the d-line in the mold of Julius Peppers, which I know is what you are looking for. Gaines has the potential talent to be as good as a Dwight Freeney, Charles Haley, and a young Jevon Kearse. I know you want Reggie White at the sixth pick but it ain't going to happen this year bro.

Please come up with another argument then "he can't stop the run, look at this old video" because of the way he was used at Clemson he wasn't asked to anchor against a RT on a regular basis. Gaines was asked to play in the backfield, which he did a very good job at, so stop saying he can't stop the run when you don't even know how he was used at Clemson.

My argument works quite well, actually. I think it's you that needs to come up with something new. So far all you've added to the thread is.... well, nothing now that I look at your posts:laugh:

I've provided plenty of substance to back up my claims and I've even posted a plan of action for the Redskins to avoid what I think will be a horrible decision.

Are you going to come up with a plan or just continue to make lame posts that don't add to the spirit of the thread?

So far all I've heard is that in the NFL he will be coached up to NFL standards. That's not good enough for me to take a player at #6 and pay him 15 million bucks.

Any ideas here, or are you gonna keep spinning?

My argument works quite well, actually. I think it's you that needs to come up with something new. So far all you've added to the thread is.... well, nothing now that I look at your posts:laugh:

I've provided plenty of substance to back up my claims and I've even posted a plan of action for the Redskins to avoid what I think will be a horrible decision.

Are you going to come up with a plan or just continue to make lame posts that don't add to the spirit of the thread?

So far all I've heard is that in the NFL he will be coached up to NFL standards. That's not good enough for me to take a player at #6 and pay him 15 million bucks.

Any ideas here, or are you gonna keep spinning?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry Gibbs Jr., I didn't know you actually came up with a plan for attack regarding the draft, did anyone at Redskin Park get back to you on that one? Seeing how reality works I'll just keep making lame posts and leave the state of the Reeskins in your hands, what did Joe have to say about your plan by the way? Sorry Gaines isn't good enough for you, I'm sure your incredible plans well be taken into full account in the war room come draft day, heaven forbid the team make a move without an approved illone plan in hand.

Until further plans are unhatched by you, I must be off now to contiue making lame posts in other threasds, none no where near as enlightening as yours, but hey who hear has the ear of Redskin Park the way you do? Dare I say no one.

I will reiterate here since everyone is having such a hard time.

This one play does not define the guy. There are plenty of other GOOD highlights where the kid makes some nice plays. BUT, you will find that a majority of those are in the passing game, or special teams.

I remember one play in particular he made in the Wake Forest game. He created a turnover on a screen pass and almost took it in for a TD. I like that part of his game.

However, in that same WF game, Adams was pretty much abused in the running game. Wake Forest owned him except for the 4th qtr. My worry is not that the guy can makes plays. I've said all along that he can, and most likely will make plays. However, stopping the run is a major concern. It might not be for you guys but I can assure you it is for Gibbs and Williams.

For the team to spend a high first round pick on a situational pass rusher just doesn't seem like the best idea right now.

I'll reiterate this one more time. I was strictly talking about this one clip. No one stupid's enough make a complete judgement off of one play. It was my mistake to even enter this thread and make an objective observation. People, stop quoting me and read what I wrote and stop inferring I meant anything else by it.

Comprehension good. Apprehension bad.

Archived