Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Masters 2007 Thread

E-Dog Night

Personally, I think it's going to be Tiger, in his usual victory style. He'll be in the front running pack - but not leading - after Friday. On moving day, he shoots 67 and never looks back.

Weather permitting, of course.

Sucks I'm going to have to be working for most of it.

DSCF0017.JPG

I like Mickleson, but don't seem him repeating. Hard to bet against Tiger.

I'll be in a total state of shock if Mickelson wins. He's gone through some fairly significant swing changes this year to try & correct some of the horror that was the US Open. For a guy who has been playing golf as long as he has, and who plays at the level he does, success from swing changes comes very slowly. That's why Tiger went over 2 years without winning a major.

Tiger is in a zone right now. He can win when his game is mediocre. When he's playing well, fahghettaboutit.

My sleeper pick, in the unlikely event Tiger is off his game, is Chris DiMarco, and I expect Charles Howell III to make some noise.

Toughest part of the field, (as always), is keeping a lead with Tiger anywhere near the leader. He starts to comeback and most start looking over their shoulders.

Except at Bay Hill for the Arnold Palmer Inv., where he just choked a big one on the back nine. I esp. liked the double bogey on 17 and TRIPLE bogey on 18... :laugh:

Except at Bay Hill for the Arnold Palmer Inv., where he just choked a big one on the back nine. I esp. liked the double bogey on 17 and TRIPLE bogey on 18... :laugh:

Don't know if I'd call that a choke. Once he realized that he needed to make up several strokes to win, he just went for crazy stupid shots that no other golfer (who needed to finish as high as possible for the money) would do. He went tin cup, which he can afford to do.

If that had been a major, I'm certain Tiger would have played those two holes quite differently.

The key word being "except". It will be interesting to see what transpired the few rounds, considering how things are building up right now.

I'll be in a total state of shock if Mickelson wins. He's gone through some fairly significant swing changes this year to try & correct some of the horror that was the US Open. For a guy who has been playing golf as long as he has, and who plays at the level he does, success from swing changes comes very slowly. That's why Tiger went over 2 years without winning a major.

Tiger is in a zone right now. He can win when his game is mediocre. When he's playing well, fahghettaboutit.

My sleeper pick, in the unlikely event Tiger is off his game, is Chris DiMarco, and I expect Charles Howell III to make some noise.

I agree, I will be stunned if Mickelson wins. He is playing very poorly right now. After Tiger my picks are Adam Scott, Henrik Stenson, and Charles Howell, III.

The player that avoids the most 3 putts this week will win. Augusta's greens

are so slick that it puts pressure on speed.

Couple years ago heard that one player practiced putting on his garage floor.

He said this was best way to prepare for the speed.

he was till hurting from that at Doral wasn't he :doh:

I agree, I will be stunned if Mickelson wins. He is playing very poorly right now. After Tiger my picks are Adam Scott, Henrik Stenson, and Charles Howell, III.

How can you say that Mickelson is playing very poorly now. He has already won a tournament this year, Pebble Beach, and lately has played Augusta very well. Now I am not willing to say he will win, but he will have a very strong showing this week.

How can you say that Mickelson is playing very poorly now. He has already won a tournament this year, Pebble Beach, and lately has played Augusta very well. Now I am not willing to say he will win, but he will have a very strong showing this week.

Phil won at Pebble Beach five tournaments ago and had a second place the following week but his last three finishes are T17, T36, and T23. The three tournaments prior to his win were T45, T51, and a missed cut. Not real strong, definitely not by Tiger's standards. There are at least a dozen guys playing better than Phil at this time.

Phil won at Pebble Beach five tournaments ago and had a second place the following week but his last three finishes are T17, T36, and T23. The three tournaments prior to his win were T45, T51, and a missed cut. Not real strong, definitely not by Tiger's standards. There are at least a dozen guys playing better than Phil at this time.

Compare anyone to Tiger's standards and they will fall short. As a long time Mickelson fan I have seen him shift his focus to the majors and other larger non-major tournaments. He has focused on Augusta and the US Open more than any other tournament. I think he will have a strong showing this week. I would love it to be him and Tiger grouped together on Sunday.

Compare anyone to Tiger's standards and they will fall short. As a long time Mickelson fan I have seen him shift his focus to the majors and other larger non-major tournaments. He has focused on Augusta and the US Open more than any other tournament. I think he will have a strong showing this week. I would love it to be him and Tiger grouped together on Sunday.

CBS would love to see a Tiger vs. Phil showdown on Sunday.

What's the weather forecast for this weekend in Augusta?

Edit - from weather.com (looks a little chilly for Ga.)

Forecast Conditions High/Low °F Precip.

Chance High Temperatures Low Temperatures Precipitation Wind Speed

Today

Apr 4 T-Showers

80°/46° 60%

80°F

Beat the Rainy Day Blues

Thu

Apr 5 Sunny

68°/40° 0%

68°F

Fri