Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Masters 2007 Thread

E-Dog Night

Like I said. Toying.

79.jpg

kind of hard to call 5 bogies toying :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

the sad thing is he would be so far in front now, curious if his putting is off today

no one else is playing great so only being 6 back as of now isn't terrible for him

In all fairness to Tiger, Phil and the rest of the field for that matter that course is ridiculous. 7400+ yards? It is playing harder than any US Open course I can think of. Even harder than Winged Foot last year. I doubt the Masters winner this ear will get to -5. Those greens are insane. If they get a bit of frost on the greens tonight I can't imagine how slick it will be tommorrow. They haven't even busted out the weekend pin placements yet. How are they going to play the PAR 4 11th on Sunday at over 500 yards with a tucked pin in front of water on a slope that feeds to the water with greens at a stimp above 14. Insanity I say.

In all fairness to Tiger, Phil and the rest of the field for that matter that course is ridiculous. 7400+ yards? It is playing harder than any US Open course I can think of. Even harder than Winged Foot last year. I doubt the Masters winner this ear will get to -5. Those greens are insane. If they get a bit of frost on the greens tonight I can't imagine how slick it will be tommorrow. They haven't even busted out the weekend pin placements yet. How are they going to play the PAR 4 11th on Sunday at over 500 yards with a tucked pin in front of water on a slope that feeds to the water with greens at a stimp above 14. Insanity I say.

Way to go Agusta you have now turned the best golf event into another US Open :doh:

They are all playing the same course, aren't they?

Of course they are, but the Tigger sycophants who never watched a round of golf in their life until he came on the scene are whining cuz he's not gonna win by 15 strokes. They're like the NASCAR-come-lately Jeff Gordon fans, or the "I love whoever won the last Super Bowl" fans.

:laugh:

Of course they are, but the Tigger sycophants who never watched a round of golf in their life until he came on the scene are whining cuz he's not gonna win by 15 strokes. They're like the NASCAR-come-lately Jeff Gordon fans, or the "I love whoever won the last Super Bowl" fans.

:laugh:

:hump: It cracks me up when the "it's too hard, it's not fair" comments start.

I don't think this course is just like another US open and I also don't think it's too tough. Augusta has always been a tough place to play, mainly because of the greens.

And for today's pro using today's technology, the yardage isn't hardly prohibitive. A 300 yard drive is nearly pedestrian nowadays, so as long as the technology keeps moving forward, the course will have to be long. A long par 4 for these guys - and evey course claiming to be a real test of golf has to have at least one par 4 that will be extremely difficult to reach in regulation - will have to approach 500 yards. That's what happens when 340 yard drives become commonplace.

US Open courses are notorious for narrowing the fairways prior to the event and growing the rough insanely high. Augusta's rough and fairways are as they have always been. Some new trees have been added here and there but the fairways are as wide as they have always been and the rough is just as tall as well.

The main reason Augusta is playing so tough this year is that the greens are even slicker than usual, which is really saying something. With dry, breezy conditions, this is what you get.

Holy bageezus. Ten of the 16 players that have teed off this morning are already over par for the day. Adam Scott is +4 today (+12 for the tournament) and he hasn't even finished the 8th hole yet.

This is going to be a tough day to move, unless the leaders come back to the field, which actually is a very decent possibility.

The course is playing harder then ever due to weather and length, normally your ball will stick, but not with these greens and the win and especially the cold.

If tiger goes E today then there would be a good chance he will be leading after the day. I highly doubt anyone will be under par after today.

If Phil goes out and shoots 69 or better today, then things will get really interesting, especially if Tiger does the same thing and the leaders fall back a bit.

Gee, I wonder if CBS wants that scenario? A Tiger/Phil final pairing wouldn't interest them much, I don't think. ;)

Bogey bogey finish, just like on Thursday. All part of the master plan. :twitch:

appleby is about to go double on 17 so Tiger is sitting right where he needs to, this could be the first major he has won being behind going into the last day

the scoring average today is above 77!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived