Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Masters 2007 Thread

E-Dog Night

No one said Tiger was under the weather they said he played bad and did not bring his A game.

Yes, someone most certainly did.

I believe it was when he hit his second woefully short on, I think, 17. Could have been Feherty but I'm not sure. But there is no question that it was said.

On another note, is it me or is it time to just blow up Butlers Cabin, my god do they understand the symbolism of that anymore :doh:

What was great about Tiger on 17 is he did what we all did he used the wrong club and that might have been Stevies fault, i love his reaction "what the hell was that" :silly:

Tiger has a chance and he blew it, plain and simple. He will win a major one day from behind, and my guess it is this year. What is clear is all the guys we thought would challenge Tiger besides Goose have all fallen by the side, Phil, VJ, Ernie they might be done in majors.

You hit on a point here that I have been trying to make with a lot of people. Steve Williams didn't bring his game this weekend. Tiger was a club short on almost 40% of his shots this weekend. I personally think Tiger hurt himself at Doral, early in that tournament he had a bit of a knee issue. His swing was not his normal swing this weekend. He is not clearing his left side as quick as he normally does. I can see a little glitch in his swing at the point of contact. He is catching the ball slightly towards the toe. I truly think it has a lot to do with some tendinitis or some nagging injury that no one knows about. Steve-O needed to pick his boy up and realize that. He needed to get that extra club in Tigers hand but he never did it. I think that relationship has hit a point were Steve is no longer helping Tiger, they are getting to close. I truly think he should dump Steve-O and put Fanny or Bones on his bag. Although Bones would never leave Phil's side.

I find this criticism of Tiger's caddie laughable.

Since last year's Open, when he missed the cut, Woods has won 58.8% of the tournaments that he has entered world-wide. He has placed first or second in 76% of those events. Poor Tiger, how ever does he go on with such piss-poor support?

Who do you think makes the final decision on club selection? I'd guess Tiger does.

Who do you think makes the final determination on the line and speed of the putts? I'd guess Tiger again.

When Stevie hands Woods his driver on a 585 yard par 5 and Tiger promptly deposits his ball deep into the brush on the right, who's fault is that? Yep, that's right, not the caddy.

Do caddies have off days? I'd guess they do, just like the ones they carry the bag for. But to say that based on this years Masters, that Steve Williams should be thrown off Tiger's bag is, well, ludicrous.

You hit on a point here that I have been trying to make with a lot of people. Steve Williams didn't bring his game this weekend. Tiger was a club short on almost 40% of his shots this weekend. I personally think Tiger hurt himself at Doral, early in that tournament he had a bit of a knee issue. His swing was not his normal swing this weekend. He is not clearing his left side as quick as he normally does. I can see a little glitch in his swing at the point of contact. He is catching the ball slightly towards the toe. I truly think it has a lot to do with some tendinitis or some nagging injury that no one knows about. Steve-O needed to pick his boy up and realize that. He needed to get that extra club in Tigers hand but he never did it. I think that relationship has hit a point were Steve is no longer helping Tiger, they are getting to close. I truly think he should dump Steve-O and put Fanny or Bones on his bag. Although Bones would never leave Phil's side.

The knee issue came from Butch Harmon's swing mechanics. That's why he changed to Hank Haney. He wanted a repeatable swing that would last without straining his knees and back. Haney has him opening up the club severely on the backswing and if he doesn't clear through, look out. When he does it's beautiful. Believe it or not he has not owned the swing change 100% yet. When he does he'll be more consistent. Augusta will make your smallest flaws look large.

No one said Tiger was under the weather they said he played bad and did not bring his A game.

Peter Oosterhuis most certainly did do his best Duke Vitale oral pleasure impression on Tiger, saying maybe Tiger was sick and that was why he didn't play well. It was obscene that something like that got pulled out of thin air to make an apology for Tiger's play. Nick Faldo politely put him in his place with a nice "No, I don't think so," or something along those lines.

Peter Oosterhuis most certainly did do his best Duke Vitale oral pleasure impression on Tiger, saying maybe Tiger was sick and that was why he didn't play well. It was obscene that something like that got pulled out of thin air to make an apology for Tiger's play. Nick Faldo politely put him in his place with a nice "No, I don't think so," or something along those lines.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Archived