Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Other teams enter Briggs sweepstakes? (scout.com article)

Mark28

6th overall for Briggs, what would the Redskins do?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. 6th overall for Briggs, what would the Redskins do?

• Yes, the Redskins would accept it
    • No, the Redskins would decline it

I was on another message board (warpath) and someone posted an article saying the Bills and Giants have offered their first rounders for Briggs also. Being that the Bears don't like paying players this might be more appealing to them as they would pay less at either 12 or 20. Research yourself. Just an FYI...

Mark :applause:

I was on another message board (warpath) and someone posted an article saying the Bills and Giants have offered their first rounders for Briggs also. Being that the Bears don't like paying players this might be more appealing to them as they would pay less at either 12 or 20. Research yourself. Just an FYI...

This is the best news I've heard on ES today! I really really don't want this trade to go down.

Being that the Bears don't like paying players this might be more appealing to them as they would pay less at either 12 or 20.

Well also, our sixth pick does not really work with them, because nothing they need will go that high. So they would trade down anyways. I am sure they will be able to get a little more in return from another team instead of making two seperate deals.

Supposedly they are not very pleased with us for making a lot of this public. Maybe that was our intention, who knows? I just hope they take their Briggs and go home.

If it was a article then post a link to it because if it was true half the sports people would of reported on it encluding pasta belly lol

If it was a article then post a link to it because if it was true half the sports people would of reported on it encluding pasta belly lol

Forgive me for not being computer saavy but here's the top of the article, it was in their 'in' section or go to Redskins Warpath:

Teams Entering Briggs Sweepstakes Premium Story

Redskins aren't the only team that covets Briggs

By John M. Crist

Editor in Chief

Date: Mar 29, 2007

The longer Washington's trade offer for Lance Briggs sits on the table, the greater the chance it probably dies a slow death. The Bears are wise to hold on to the Pro Bowl linebacker for now because his value could escalate as the NFL Draft nears. Although the Redskins appear to be the most anxious to make a deal, Scout.com has learned that a few more teams have made inquiries.

Click here to read the rest of this story...

The last I checked the Bills need a running back...they should trade up and get the 6th pick from us for their 1st rounder and maybe they could throw in a 2nd or 3rd rounder...they could then possible get Adrianne Peterson...THEN...

We take the 1st rounder they gave us and do the Briggs trade.

Then we have the same deal that is on the table and we get an extra pick...damn...I should be the GM!

The last I checked the Bills need a running back...they should trade up and get the 6th pick from us for their 1st rounder and maybe they could throw in a 2nd or 3rd rounder...they could then possible get Adrianne Peterson...THEN...

Then we have the same deal that is on the table and we get an extra pick...damn...I should be the GM!

Honestly, this is not a bad idea, and this would proabably be one of the few scenarios where I would be in favor of the proposed Briggs deal. Good call FunBunch7.

Why wouldn't the Bears do something like this? I know they don't want to pay the 6th pick what he is going to get but why wouldn't they just turn around and trade down with the pick thereby getting a midround 1st rounder and several other good picks.

I don't know bout all that homey that's a little far fetched. . Plus the fact we don't need lance briggs. If anything briggs will be elsewhere and we probally move up and take CJ or move down and get more picks that way. Let Buffalo get him so if he does work out them we only have to see him every 3yrs. Compared to twice a year.

I don't know bout all that homey that's a little far fetched. . Plus the fact we don't need lance briggs. If anything briggs will be elsewhere and we probally move up and take CJ or move down and get more picks that way. Let Buffalo get him so if he does work out them we only have to see him every 3yrs. Compared to twice a year.

If he goes to the bills, no worries but the fact the giants are mentioned that scares me.

Why wouldn't the Bears do something like this? I know they don't want to pay the 6th pick what he is going to get but why wouldn't they just turn around and trade down with the pick thereby getting a midround 1st rounder and several other good picks.

i think they are saying they dont want the 6th pick to try to get an extra pick or player out of us

Stay strong Joe dont do it

it would be absolutely silly to take an offer from another team less than the value of the #6, regarless of chicago's spending habits. Ir would be nice if other teams are interested however...

The value for #12 straight up is higher than the upgrade from #31 to #6. Plus, they don't have to reach for a player at the five positions of need.

I have a strange feeling that we are going to give up too much for Briggs. The Skins should be the ones pulling the strings, but I feel like the Bears are going to get the last laugh. Also, I have seen where Angelo said that no other teams have been interested. It worries me that we are interested in a linebacker that 30-31 other teams can do without.

The value for #12 straight up is higher than the upgrade from #31 to #6. Plus, they don't have to reach for a player at the five positions of need.

Sorry, I read it wrong in my prior innebriated state :cheers: I thought they were exchanging firsts as well :doh:

Archived