Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kiper, Skins draft, Briggs

Skinsinparadise

Kevin(Las Vegas,NV): If the Briggs trade does happen, what should Chicago do with that pick? Trade/move up/move down/ select Landry?

Mel Kiper: What I think they would do, if they ended up at No. 6, they would look to get out of that spot, because their needs don't really fit that pick. I don't think at that point, there would be that intriguing of a player. Everyone talks about Landry being the best defensive player in the draft...but whoever's picking 6th (Bears or Redskins) would look to move down out of that spot.

Goose (Chicago): Mel, put some odds on a Briggs to Washington deal actually getting done?

Mel Kiper: It's right now a possibility, because it makes sense for both teams. The Redskins have a recent history of de-emphasizing the draft. They're going for the big splash and Briggs is a Pro Bowl entity. They traded up to get Rocky McIntosh and now, they'd be discarding him and putting him in a backup role. He's poised to be a starter and now you're going to go out and get Briggs. I don't have a problem with getting Briggs, but what about McIntosh? Now, he'd be a backup again. The Redskins already have a guy in McIntosh ready to fill that role and if they go get Briggs is an upgrade, but you're giving up the 6th pick of the draft. If the Bears keep Briggs, he will likely sit out most of the season. On paper, the trade would serve both parties well. I just question the Redskins not having any young players come in via the draft. They don't have a 2nd, 3rd or 4th-round pick this year, remember. That McIntosh trade can't be lost in all of this. They gave up a 2nd-round pick in this draft and a 6th-rounder last year to get him. And now all of a sudden, he's going to be pushed to a backup role. I would understand the trade more from the Bears standpoint than the Redskins' standpoint.

we honestly should trade rocky....if we can get a pick or two for him then it wouldnt be as bad...and we got the 6th rounder back for AA..but..still,

I love this linebacker trio if it goes down, but we need to add at least 2 guys via the draft to play dl to make this defense really good next year.

we honestly should trade rocky....if we can get a pick or two for him then it wouldnt be as bad...and we got the 6th rounder back for AA..but..still, I love this linebacker trio if it goes down, but we need to add at least 2 guys via the draft to play dl to make this defense really good next year.

Unless, maybe the plan to keep Rocky so he one day replaces Marcus. Otherwise, it makes the Rocky deal look bad..unless they get a high pick back for him.

Kiper nailed it on the head! We have a retard FO that doesn't understand how to run a team.

All our draft picks are wastes, because we either trade them away, or the people we actually draft, we never grow them to be starters. Rogers will be gone soon. Who knows what we will do with Campbell. This team is a mess, and Gibbs and Snyder are to blame.

I agree too, which isn't to say that picking up Briggs wouldn't improve this defense immensely.

We don't know what Briggs will do to this defense. He is a great player right now, for the Bears, but thats because he excels in that system right now. Last year, we thought with Arch and Carter, our defense would be amazing. But people don't get, you cannot take a piece from another puzzle and plug it into yours and always expect it to fit!

We need to get our own pieces and mold them into our puzzle. Briggs can't be molded anymore, because he has suceeded playing that system and will only know how to play that system.

God we need a GM BAD!

Yeah I wouldn't have as much a problem with this deal if it included sending rocky to the bears for one of their 2nd rounders.

If they pull the trigger on this, they're basically admitting "yeah, we used 3 draft picks on a guy who can't play."

Well, if you screwed that one up so badly, what makes you so confident about this one?

Man this FO makes me pull my hair out. If we're just gonna bench him for his whole career, why didn't we just stay with our 2nd rounder last year and take the best olb on the board?

Yeah I wouldn't have as much a problem with this deal if it included sending rocky to the bears for one of their 2nd rounders.

If they pull the trigger on this, they're basically admitting "yeah, we used 3 draft picks on a guy who can't play."

Well, if you screwed that one up so badly, what makes you so confident about this one?

Man this FO makes me pull my hair out. If we're just gonna bench him for his whole career, why didn't we just stay with our 2nd rounder last year and take the best olb on the board?

You know, normal people like us, who don't even work in the NFL, understand this.

Why is it that Danny boy, Gibbs, and whoever else has say, don't understand this?

Haha, he says it makes sense for us, and then gives all the reasons why it doesnt make sense. It makes sense that the Redskins would do it, but only because its a big splash type of move, not because it fits our needs.

Isn't it true?

Snyder reminds me off someone looking at the newest hottest sports car and getting a woody over it .. so he buys it .... drives it for a while ... doesn't like it anymore .... donates it to charity ... goes and buys the next one that catches his eye ... and so on ..................... :doh: :rolleyes:

Well, if you screwed that one up so badly, what makes you so confident about this one?..Man this FO makes me pull my hair out. If we're just gonna bench him for his whole career, why didn't we just stay with our 2nd rounder last year and take the best olb on the board?

Yeah exactly Kiper mentioned we gave a 6th round pick, too I don't recall that but if so -- two 2nd rounders and a 6th rounder. To make a deal like that I'd assume our scouts or someone in the FO had to say look we are willing to overpay for McIntosh becuase he is really really special. No one that we are going to find at our pick which is if I recall about 12 picks or so lower in the 2nd round will approach this guy's ability.

For me -- heck stuff happens you are going to make mistakes and the draft is a crap shoot but to go as far as they did for Rocky they are making a statement that this guy is really special -- so if he isn't -- then its a BIG mistake by their FO.

Hey, I have an idea, let's give the Bears Rocky... they have COACHES that will turn him into a good player, THEN we can try to acquire him back!!!

This is pathetic. Rocky has more physical ability than Briggs. But because we'd actually have to teach him some ****, let's just give up draft value and huge amounts of cash.

How about the coaches do their f'ing job?

Snyder reminds me off someone looking at the newest hottest sports car and getting a woody over it .. so he buys it .... drives it for a while ... doesn't like it anymore .... donates it to charity ... goes and buys the next one that catches his eye ... and so on ..................... :doh: :rolleyes:

Except in Snyder's case, he doesn't donate it to charity.

Kiper nailed it on the head! We have a retard FO that doesn't understand how to run a team.

All our draft picks are wastes, because we either trade them away, or the people we actually draft, we never grow them to be starters. Rogers will be gone soon. Who knows what we will do with Campbell. This team is a mess, and Gibbs and Snyder are to blame.

Don't forget Vinnie the lapdog, the guy who helped get the 49ers in cap hell in the 90's before he was jettisoned.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yeah, whats up with the crazy font? I had 20/20 before clicking this thread.

Yeah sorry that's how ESPN had it posted, all I can do was darken it, it was actually lighter gray, did the best I could, I didn't create the font myself. I'll play with it to see if I can switch it in black so far I haven't figured out how to pull it off, but I'll go it another try.

Edit -- I figured out how to switch it to black font but when posted on the site it comes out blank, weird

Archived