Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kiper, Skins draft, Briggs

Skinsinparadise

We may have the face the fact that as long as we have snyder our team is doomed. As long as we have an owner who is willing to throw all logic to the wind and act like a kid in a candy store, a very freaking expensive candy store, our team has no chance of doing anything. I sincerely hope not, I hope snyder will mature but if this happens I honestly dont know. From the way snyder runs the redskins, I cant see how he made his money to begin with or how he will keep it in the wake of the mountain of expensive failures he has personally overseen.

We may have the face the fact that as long as we have snyder our team is doomed. As long as we have an owner who is willing to throw all logic to the wind and act like a kid in a candy store, a very freaking expensive candy store, our team has no chance of doing anything. I sincerely hope not, I hope snyder will mature but if this happens I honestly dont know. From the way snyder runs the redskins, I cant see how he made his money to begin with or how he will keep it in the wake of the mountain of expensive failures he has personally overseen.

Jack is turning in his grave !!!!

Yeah sorry that's how ESPN had it posted, all I can do was darken it, it was actually lighter gray, did the best I could, I didn't create the font myself. I'll play with it to see if I can switch it in black so far I haven't figured out how to pull it off, but I'll go it another try.

Edit -- I figured out how to switch it to black font but when posted on the site it comes out blank, weird

I wear contacts, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but-

The background of ES is black. Dark gray on black is hard to see.

Try for some contrast, maybe? Before we go blind lol. :cool:

I wear contacts, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but- The background of ES is black. Dark gray on black is hard to see.

Try for some contrast, maybe? Before we go blind lol. :cool:

As I said I didn't pick out the color that was the color that was posted on the site or what comes out when I post it -- when I switch it to black the whole thing turns BLANK when I post it, why I don't know. I'll keep playing with it. But if you read my other posts I don't do them in grey..it just happens to be the color that turns up when its posted. Am personally not picking the color, dude:cool:

Kevin(Las Vegas,NV): If the Briggs trade does happen, what should Chicago do with that pick? Trade/move up/move down/ select Landry?

Mel Kiper: What I think they would do, if they ended up at No. 6, they would look to get out of that spot, because their needs don't really fit that pick. I don't think at that point, there would be that intriguing of a player. Everyone talks about Landry being the best defensive player in the draft...but whoever's picking 6th (Bears or Redskins) would look to move down out of that spot.

Goose (Chicago): Mel, put some odds on a Briggs to Washington deal actually getting done?

Mel Kiper: It's right now a possibility, because it makes sense for both teams. The Redskins have a recent history of de-emphasizing the draft. They're going for the big splash and Briggs is a Pro Bowl entity. They traded up to get Rocky McIntosh and now, they'd be discarding him and putting him in a backup role. He's poised to be a starter and now you're going to go out and get Briggs. I don't have a problem with getting Briggs, but what about McIntosh? Now, he'd be a backup again. The Redskins already have a guy in McIntosh ready to fill that role and if they go get Briggs is an upgrade, but you're giving up the 6th pick of the draft. If the Bears keep Briggs, he will likely sit out most of the season. On paper, the trade would serve both parties well. I just question the Redskins not having any young players come in via the draft. They don't have a 2nd, 3rd or 4th-round pick this year, remember. That McIntosh trade can't be lost in all of this. They gave up a 2nd-round pick in this draft and a 6th-rounder last year to get him. And now all of a sudden, he's going to be pushed to a backup role. I would understand the trade more from the Bears standpoint than the Redskins' standpoint.

THIS describes the 'skins problem in a nutshell!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rocky who?? What has he done? NOTHING!!!! Briggs will be one hell of a player.

What has Briggs done in a Skins uniform? NOTHING!!!! Rocky will be one hell of a player.

See how it works? Neither has proven anything with the Skins. Rocky actually has more knowledge of the system, meaning the learning curve is less. Briggs will be like all other FAs. A couple of good stat seasons, but no pro bowl in a skins uniform.

I still say use the 6th pick this year and next years 1st and draft a GM !!!!

You know, the Bucs did trade draft picks for a coach. Maybe the best move we could make with the #6 is to trade it for a GM. Pain now, success later. The way we're doing it now is all pain, all the time.

Got it, font and color wise so its easier to read -- it wouldn't let me do it on the original post, I guess the grey got nestled into it so it kept reverting back to it.

Taste like chicken -- should be better now. Tried to move it to normal font, didn't work, switched it to white and it did

Kevin(Las Vegas,NV): If the Briggs trade does happen, what should Chicago do with that pick? Trade/move up/move down/ select Landry?

Mel Kiper: What I think they would do, if they ended up at No. 6, they would look to get out of that spot, because their needs don't really fit that pick. I don't think at that point, there would be that intriguing of a player. Everyone talks about Landry being the best defensive player in the draft...but whoever's picking 6th (Bears or Redskins) would look to move down out of that spot.

Goose (Chicago): Mel, put some odds on a Briggs to Washington deal actually getting done?

Mel Kiper: It's right now a possibility, because it makes sense for both teams. The Redskins have a recent history of de-emphasizing the draft. They're going for the big splash and Briggs is a Pro Bowl entity. They traded up to get Rocky McIntosh and now, they'd be discarding him and putting him in a backup role. He's poised to be a starter and now you're going to go out and get Briggs. I don't have a problem with getting Briggs, but what about McIntosh? Now, he'd be a backup again. The Redskins already have a guy in McIntosh ready to fill that role and if they go get Briggs is an upgrade, but you're giving up the 6th pick of the draft. If the Bears keep Briggs, he will likely sit out most of the season. On paper, the trade would serve both parties well. I just question the Redskins not having any young players come in via the draft. They don't have a 2nd, 3rd or 4th-round pick this year, remember. That McIntosh trade can't be lost in all of this. They gave up a 2nd-round pick in this draft and a 6th-rounder last year to get him. And now all of a sudden, he's going to be pushed to a backup role. I would understand the trade more from the Bears standpoint than the Redskins' standpoint.

What has Briggs done in a Skins uniform? NOTHING!!!! Rocky will be one hell of a player.

See how it works? Neither has proven anything with the Skins. Rocky actually has more knowledge of the system, meaning the learning curve is less. Briggs will be like all other FAs. A couple of good stat seasons, but no pro bowl in a skins uniform.

Thank you - every other post was hating Rocky. I think he will be a gem.

What a strange concept - he has been here one year and people want to trade him because we gave up "too much". People are taking Mel "the hair" Kiper's statement that this is done deal and Rocky will be a back-up. :doh:

:helmet: The Rook

MY EYESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The words are killing my eyes :doh:

As if the original wasn't bad enough, you post the whole damn thing again......geez louise.....

The original is fixed, it was from a site where you needed an account maybe they screw with the font on purpose but it did all sorts of funky stuff including posting in grey and wasn't easy to play with. Nonetheless I'd figure you guys would rather see it even if its not in the clearest font than not see it. Anyway, now its clear too, so hopefully everyone is cool now! :laugh:

I don't believe that that's Kiper's actual response!!...sorry. First, he never goes on and on, repeating the same point over and over. Plus, some of the sentences aren't even correct. I've chatted through numerous online sessions (ESPN) and have gotten through a few times. He's short and to the point. Nice try.

I don't believe that that's Kiper's actual response!!...sorry. First, he never goes on and on, repeating the same point over and over. Plus, some of the sentences aren't even correct. I've chatted through numerous online sessions (ESPN) and have gotten through a few times. He's short and to the point. Nice try.

Really, buddy, these threads are getting crazier and crazier, you think I have nothing to do all day then make up threads about Mel Kiper? What's my agenda? Apparently its to shoot down the Briggs trade, because it is SO important to get people to subscribe to my point of view on it, and I figure if Kiper says it people will be convinced? Come on, give me a break.

If you have an ESPN insider account, go on their site, pull the whole Q & A -- and expose me for some kind of wacko fraud that makes up Kiper quotes, good luck! Man, I was nice enough to take time out of my day when I read his Q & A to post it, and you want to give me grief for it? Am sure someone here has an insider ESPN account, check it out for yourself.

If you seem to have such a clue on Kipers style and quotes, I would assume you must have an account yourself otherwise you couldn't read his Q & A stuff. If you forgot how to get to the site,

http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nfl/index?lpos=globalnav&lid=gn_NFL_NFL

Scroll down to "Must Read" and you'll see Kiper Chat. Since you must have an account since you have a feel for how he answers this stuff, just put in your password, and read it for yourself.

Edit

Hey Hamilbone13 -- am shocked you accused me of making up a quote about Kiper, I gave you the link to look it up and now you dissapear? OK, no apology needed.

Do we really need to move the whole internet on to the ES board?

Who cares what Kiper thinks. He will end up being wrong on 99% of the picks like he is every year anyway.

Remember when he said that Phillip Rivers would be a 2nd rounder? Way off there bud.

I am going to back the team either way. They know a lot more then anyone on here. Rocky could be a bust, Maybe they want to go 3-4, Maybe they just want an impact player. And just maybe the guy they really want in the draft is going to still be there at 31 so they figure why not pick up a 2 time pro-bowler and the guy they want.

Everyone needs to just relax and enjoy the offseason. I really dont thank we are going to do a hole lot untill the draft.

Archived