Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clayton says Archuleta will be dealt by tonight!

lavar1156

I guess this is all contingent on AA restructuring his deal with us. I am not sure what the NFLPA rules are about this.

I hope this is not another Trotter situation, where he is a bust for us, but excels with another team. I think Lovie knows how to use him and it will help AA in the long run. It is a shame he didn't pan out for us.

I'm not concerned with him excelling with da bears when the strength of the team is the front four and to an extent the linebacking corps.

Cooley,Portis or Betts with AA covering them is to our advantage but its obvious he will have help in passing situations and he might be the fourth linebacker on running downs and look good doing it.

Something the scheme here can't do with the current personel is hide his shortcomings.

I'd be shocked if this resulted in anything higher than a 5th rounder, and I expect a 6th and a conditional pick next year. The Bears hold absolutely all the cards in this case.

I think if we do not take the full hit, that is good enough for us. He is just going to eat up our cap for the next few years, so let's get rid of him. I think a conditional pick in 2008...not sure if we get anything else.

Mr. Mackey also just reported that Branch is falling down draft boards. Now if this is true and we have the chance to drop back a few picks and pick up a 2nd rounder and still pick this guy up it has to be something we strongly consider. Personally I am not too impressed with Branch but with another hole being potentially opened up with the departure of AA. We really need to recoup picks and fill holes on this D.

i'd rather him be in the pro bowl next year on another team (even though i don't think he will) than have to deal with him for another year at not being able to cover anyone.

I think this is the most accurate and insightful post about this situation. AA will not and had not succeeded here. Who cares what he does elsewhere if we get better for it.

Get real, what are the chance AA keeps the Redskins out of the Super Bowl playing for another team.

I am lighting up my cigar now - I have been saying this for months. Redskins.com blew it when the failed to initially mention Arch in their "Roster Review" section on safeties. His fate in Washington has been sealed ever since he almost cost us the second Dallas game (not being able to cover Whitten who set the brokeback boys up in FG position).

Now it will really get heated whether we shold take Landry or a DE.

Archived