Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clayton says Archuleta will be dealt by tonight!

lavar1156

Actually we do. Our cap hit would be a lot higher to cut him than it would be to keep him on the roster. OTOH at his age Arch wants to play as much as possible since he probably doesn't have a whole lot of seasons left to play. Doing a deal works out for everyone in this situation.

true.

We get cap relief and he gets to play in a system that suits him.

Only Congress $pend$ money with more reckless abandon that our Front Office. Wow, do we look like idiots for this whole deal---the highest paid safety EVER in the game. It just gets passed on to the fans on game day...

he's was the fifth highest.

...and da Bears pick will be at the very end of the 6th round, i.e. a 7th round pick. However, I guess that's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

If you look at the point value chart,the pick is literally worth almost nothing.The Skins basically just gave him away.

Wait, its reportedly for a conditional 6th rd pick. this means its a 2008 6th rd pick right? Depending on how well Arch plays for them. If so, this is really bad.

Awwww hellllllllllll no!!!! Next year???? It was bad enough it was a 6th rounder for this year, but at least it was for this year. I hope that isnt correct.

Actually at the time I believe we made him the highest ever. I hope you're not trying to defend the deal either way. It reeks and so do we for orchestrating it...

I'm not defending the money, but he hasn't been the "highest paid safety ever" in a year that people like to always throw in for dramatic effect. :laugh: - I'm so tired of hearing that.

Let's just move on.

Awwww hellllllllllll no!!!! Next year???? It was bad enough it was a 6th rounder for this year, but at least it was for this year. I hope that isnt correct.

It is a conditional pick...It would have to be next year. If he plays well it perhaps could move up to a 4th rounder depending on the conditions.

Archived