Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bring back the RFK 20 Yard Lines

awd_sr

Did anybody go to Pink Floyd in 1994?

Sickest show I ever saw period, and yet another great RFK memory.

I had already moved away by 94, but I saw all the Dead shows there from 89-92.

That place had character. I've been to quite a few stadiums around the country for football games and other events. No place I've been even comes close to RFK.

That place had character. I've been to quite a few stadiums around the country for football games and other events. No place I've been even comes close to RFK.

Except Busch, Riverfront, Three Rivers, and the Vet...which were the exact same stadium. I saw games in all of them except Busch....damned if I could tell the difference between them.

RFK was a pit, but it was our pit. There was nothing special about except for the quality of the teams that played there in the 80s.

No, I had tickets, but could not go for some reason. I still regret it. But I did see the Eagles there in 1994. Not the same, but still pretty cool.

id kill to see that show. i cant imagine how exciting it was to see the eagles on the hell freezes over tour. i saw their farewell I tour a while back and its still the best concert ive ever seen.

That pic of Kramdizzle's was shot during the player intros. I can tell by the formation of the cheerleaders and the number of empty seats several minutes b/f kickoff. There was an intro thread going around here today.

That is an interesting observation. For all people say about how awesome RFK was and this and that, I think its really embarrassing to see THAT many empty seats that close to kickoff. Very weak. I'm REALLY hoping that pic was perhaps taken during the strike game in '87.

That is an interesting observation. For all people say about how awesome RFK was and this and that, I think its really embarrassing to see THAT many empty seats that close to kickoff. Very weak. I'm REALLY hoping that pic was perhaps taken during the strike game in '87.

Might be pre-season.

Might be pre-season.

Could be junkies......but many preseason games are in the evening (around 8) and the sky just looked too bright for it to be that late in the day, even if it were August. I dunno.........................it was just part of my editorial rant that people should make a better effort to get to their seats on time.

Could be junkies......but many preseason games are in the evening (around 8) and the sky just looked too bright for it to be that late in the day, even if it were August. I dunno.........................it was just part of my editorial rant that people should make a better effort to get to their seats on time.

It looks liek Norv turner leading the skins on the field... oh wait he never led teh skins anywhere:doh:

Where could all of the fans have been without Hooters or a humidor to distract them from the introductions?

BTW, Intros have always been before the anthem, thus the fans had another ten minutes to get to their seats b/f kickoff. There were seldom empty seats in that place during the games. :cheers:

Where could all of the fans have been without Hooters or a humidor to distract them from the introductions?

BTW, Intros have always been before the anthem, thus the fans had another ten minutes to get to their seats b/f kickoff. There were seldom empty seats in that place during the games. :cheers:

Is this true or is this one of those things that has become a legend?

I mean, yes, I am sure that the place was packed at kickoff of a playoff game with the Cowboys.

But would it be packed during a mid-season Rams game during the Norv Era?

I don't think that is the 1987 Strike game as the opponent for that game was the Cardinals and the visiting team is not wearing red.

BTW, you can see the anthem singers on the field on the nearside 20. I am guessing this was taken about 10 -15 mins before kickoff (and the clock beneath the Bud Light sign appears to say 12:50)

Is this true or is this one of those things that has become a legend?

I mean' date=' yes, I am sure that the place was packed at kickoff of a playoff game with the Cowboys.

But would it be packed during a mid-season Rams game during the Norv Era?[/quote']

According to Rich Tandler's attendance records in his book "Gut Check" from Gibbs 1.0 1981-92, the average home crowd was measured at roughly 53,000 per game. I assume that these figures were measured from the turnstiles and not the number of tickets sold. Each game has a different attendance number in the low 50,000s, yet we know that at least 55k tix were sold.

No shows probably grew in numbers as the mid 1990s and Norv took hold of the scene, but blocks of empty seats were never visable during the games at RFK in my lifetime. Too bad the same can't be said for the 400 level of Raljon today. Entire rows stay empty in the corners today.

:rolleyes:

Archived