Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bring back the RFK 20 Yard Lines

awd_sr

We all know that FedEx field has come a long way since its first season, but it doesn't come close to having an identity like RFK had. I was thinking, why dont they paint those 20's burgundy and gold, like they did at RFK? It may not be much, but that was part of what made that Skins territory...

And while you are at it, redo the seats and throw some shocks on there or something, RFK used to rock...

:dallasuck

Ya, I remember those in the 80s, but I think they were scrapped by the 90s.

I hate Notre Dame, but I love the fact that their field has no logos, colors or advertisements. The endzones are just slanted chalk lines. Very original and old school.

ND even struck down a proposal to ring the top of the stadium w/luxury suites and/or a jumbotron, citing that it would alter the historic look. Not to mention putting a damper the college atmosphere. I know that this is unrealistic in the pros, by I give props to ND b/c of it.

Did the NFL outlaw (or at least standardize) that kind of stuff? I can't remember, but I think that's true...

I believe that the league has agreed to keep ads off of the field and unis, but I think painted logos are up to the individual clubs. Not sure about the 20 yardline colors.

BTW: The Ravens logo is way oversized. Looks like a college bowl game @ M&T.

I believe that this is out of the hands of Snyder and the Redskins. I do believe the NFL dictates some sort of standardization on this matter.

I really do with the lower section of FedEx was made of metal bleachers. It would drastically increase the acoustics and they would bounce like RFK did. Oh well, DC United games are still fun on those metal bleacher...until the new stadium is built :mad:

I believe that this is out of the hands of Snyder and the Redskins. I do believe the NFL dictates some sort of standardization on this matter.

I really do with the lower section of FedEx was made of metal bleachers. It would drastically increase the acoustics and they would bounce like RFK did. Oh well, DC United games are still fun on those metal bleacher...until the new stadium is built :mad:

The entire upper deck of the Investsco (Denver Broncos) is on sheet steel. Loud as hell for stomping, shaking and gyrating. Much like the Cave at FedEx or the LL, visitors side of RFK.

We all know that FedEx field has come a long way since its first season, but it doesn't come close to having an identity like RFK had. I was thinking, why dont they paint those 20's burgundy and gold, like they did at RFK? It may not be much, but that was part of what made that Skins territory...

And while you are at it, redo the seats and throw some shocks on there or something, RFK used to rock...

Couldn't picture that for some reason, or find an example via Google. Did find several like this ...

rfk.jpg

Anyone have any pics or vids that show the 20's painted? We're talking hallowed ground here. Let's get this right. :)

I was just at the Shamrock Fest last weekend in the RFK Parking Lot.

Looking at the old stadium rusting away was almost depressing.

Pretty much every local band that was there gave shoutouts to the Skins 3 super bowls that day. Redskins cheerleaders were at the Festival and they came on stage of r some band who was doing a rocked out version of "Hail To The Redskins".

Awesome Day.

Archived