Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Amobi Okoye

IMissHeathShuler

A source, indicated to me that Snyder, Cerrato, Gibbs, & Williams are all headed to Louisville to visit with and work out Okoye this coming Saturday. This is advance of Louiville's Pro Day on Monday. The same source told me that the Skins' interest in Okoye has heated up significantly in the past 2 weeks.

I should mention that my source has been having regular phone conversations with Vinny Cerrato during the past 2 weeks, so feel free to draw your own conclusions as to who it is.

While I think trading down and picking Okoye up would be a good move this nothing more than due dilligence in my mind. It is good to see them taking a look at a lot of the players due to be drafted in the first round to best determine their pick wherever that might be. Hard to say sometimes but KUDOS to the front office. :applause:

Pick a name of a top prospect and I bet you will find The Redskins looking at him. So they should. They should look at anybody and everybody. What happens in late March is the "homework" phase of scouting the draft. I'm not going to get too excited or distraught about anybody Gibbs & Co. are scouting in late March.

Wake me up in early/mid April. They bring in somebody or go see somebody in early/mid April, then I'll get worked up about it.

(this is no knock on Okoye. I think he's an interesting prospect that I'm sure should legitimately be on our radar screen.)

Can't be - the next thread says that the Skins were at Calvin Johnson's pro day workout and that we're interested in him. I heard from an inside source (who talks to one of the janitors at Redskins Park on a regular basis) that Gibbs was seen going through the drive through at a McDonald's near Ashburn - looks like he has interest in the lead burger flipper or pehaps the backup potato fryer (stay tuned).

I'm sure the fact that this kid is 19 and a college graduate intrigues Gibbs, he's obviously super smart. I just wonder if it will be a solid pickup seeing as he may or may not be ready for this next level at that age, and we need to shoot for immediate impact on the d-line.

I'm sure the fact that this kid is 19 and a college graduate intrigues Gibbs, he's obviously super smart. I just wonder if it will be a solid pickup seeing as he may or may not be ready for this next level at that age, and we need to shoot for immediate impact on the d-line.
Will he fight his guts out though?

I like Okoye, and quite frankly, we may not have the luxury of trading down and getting him. His stock is rising fast and he is probably a top 10 pick right now. If we want Okoye, we might be better off staying at 6. I don't think he'll be there at 10. If we are going to be happy with any of the following: Okoye, Branch, Anderson, Adams, Carriker, or Landry, THEN we can trade down and still get one of them.

I would love to have Okoye, but something does not smell right with this information. Why would he do a "private" workout for the Skins and breakdown his body right before his official Pro day. I would think he would want to be fresh for Pro day. I am calling BS on this one.

:bsflag:

Archived