Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Amobi Okoye

IMissHeathShuler

I swear im going to have to create a macro for this…

Just because we are scouting a player doesn’t mean that we are going to trade down, draft the player or even have them top 3 at their position on the big board.

One thing I think the skins are doing (at least should be) is having the ability to talk a player up if need be. Say Peterson, CJ, Russell, Quinn...whoever fall to us, they can definitely drive trade prices up if they can talk about how great a player was in workouts, etc...

I would love to have Okoye, but something does not smell right with this information. Why would he do a "private" workout for the Skins and breakdown his body right before his official Pro day. I would think he would want to be fresh for Pro day. I am calling BS on this one.

:bsflag:

call whatever you want, but my info is correct. I never have any reason to post anything like this here, but this info is golden, so I wanted to share. The one person in the world in the best position to know this gave me the info.

I don't care if he is only 19. It would take fan and media pressure for him to get playing time ala Campbell in 06 and he would probably be gone after the first contract. So its not like he is going to be a 15 to 20 yr vet here with our current track record.

While I do prefer a big DE like J Anderson to eventually replace the older smaller guys I can see us getting a Branch or Okoye but I'm not so sure we will pull the fast one on other teams that have been done to us by trading down a few spots because several teams behind us do have scouting departments who can be happy with the 2nd best guy on their board at the time and used the 2nd and 3rd for a player at the position later specifically QB or RB.

call whatever you want, but my info is correct. I never have any reason to post anything like this here, but this info is golden, so I wanted to share. The one person in the world in the best position to know this gave me the info.

I'm not knocking you. I just think that if a person where to have such high level contact/source/info in the Redskins organization, they would be more involved in discussions on our board.

The rumors are flying around like flies in a turd factory. We are getting Calvin Johnson... no wait, we want Russell... err.. scratch that. We are really going after Peterson. Off-season stinks IMO.

While I do beleive we will land either Branch or Okoye, I do not beleive we are trying to make "secret" deals before the draft starts. Scouting yes, but thats all...

I'm sorry, but IMO, credability (spelling) is key. With only 100 posts in 3 years, I question that.

But thank you for sharing. I guess any info is good info during the dry season.

I'm not knocking you. I just think that if a person where to have such high level contact/source/info in the Redskins organization, they would be more involved in discussions on our board.

Ah, there's the rub...I have ZERO contacts with anyone in the Redskins organization. I love the Skins, but have no inside sources...if I did, I would be more heavily involved

BUT...where Okoye (and Dwayne Jarrett for that matter) is concerned, my sources are as inside as you can get.

Ah, there's the rub...I have ZERO contacts with anyone in the Redskins organization. I love the Skins, but have no inside sources...if I did, I would be more heavily involved

BUT...where Okoye (and Dwayne Jarrett for that matter) is concerned, my sources are as inside as you can get.

Their agent or Okoye himself?

Ahh! You must be his agent!:silly:

Well, whoever you are... I am pulling for Okoye. He may not have the size of Branche, but he is just as strong, he is quicker and the kid has some head on those shoulders. That where his upside tips the scales for me.

It's not Okoye himself...and Okoye shares an agent with Jarrett...so....
Ahh so his agent! Very cool! Now talk him into coming to us around pick 21, so we can get some more picks with a couple of trades down. By the way, a lot are pulling for Okoye. Every single article I have read say he is such a great guy, smart, and works very hard (Oh and a very smart Mom). Sounds like a Redskin to me. :applause:

I moved to Louisville before the college season started and had a chance to see Okoye play in person a few times.He has a great motor and in my opinion extreme talent,besides he is very young.With all that said It is good to see the front office actually looking at a variety of players.Once again this is just my opinion but I believe he would be a good pick.

Well, we may not be able to trade down much at all...some draft pundits (incl. Mel Kiper) rate Okoye within the top 10-12...Mel has him as high as #7 on his board (which is his opinion of their talent rating, not when they will be taken).

Our main hope is someone at a premium offensive position starts to fall, and someone like BUF or MIA gets antsy & overpays for him...then we have ammo to trade back up with MIN or someone else to pick Okoye, but still have a first day pick (or 2) left over from the initial trade-down.

Archived