Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BioShock and Mass Effect

skinsfan07

Or you could say (considering consoles normally have a five year lifespan):

360-399 + hd dvd-199 + 4 yrs Xbox Live- 200 = 799

PS3 = 599

Oh, I almost forgot, for those of you with a wireless network:

360-399 + hd dvd-199 + 4 yrs Xbox Live- 200 + Wireless Network Adapter- 100 = 899

PS3 = 599

To be fair, HD cables for the PS3 cost $30 and a bluetooth wireless headset for voice chat costs $50 (360 includes HD cables and wired headset). However, that still makes a similarly speced 360 $220 MORE expensive than a PS3 and it will still have a hard drive that only has 1/3 the capacity (20GB for 360 vs. 60GB for PS3). I'm just saying, it isn't necesarily true that a 360 is a better deal. In fact, even if you don't care about HD movies, if you want to play online games the 360 is still $100 more expensive!

360-399 + 4 yrs Xbox Live- 200 + Wireless Network Adapter- 100 = 699

PS3 = 599

Sales more than doubled, up 115% (every other console was down!). Last week in Japan 13 PS3s were sold for every 360. Just scroll down beyond the top fifty games until you get to the "Hardware" numbers.

http://www.vgcharts.org/japweekly.php?date=39145

Use the dropdown at the beginning of the page. That is the first and only jump in PS3 sales since its inception. To make things a little clearer see this:

http://www.vgcharts.org/ngwars.php

There is no way that PS3 will catch up with it competitors with a system thats more expensive, more problematic(look for PS3 recalls on google), games that are 10 - 20 dollars more expensive (for the same games mind you, not exclusives). Wait and see. PS3 is a great idea that was executed horribly.

Or you could say (considering consoles normally have a five year lifespan):

360-399 + hd dvd-199 + 4 yrs Xbox Live- 200 = 799

PS3 = 599

why would you get 4 years of xbox live at one time? They'll probably make it free to keep the ps3 vs 360 comp. tight.

So you just buy it yearly until they do something.

And you don't even NEED the hd/dvd at all.

So 360 = 399+50=450

ps3 = 599

Wireless Network Adapter- 100 = 899

You can get wireless network adapters for like 50 bucks for the 360 :)

Trick is to buy the linksys one and not the microsoft one.

I am actually going to order one today.

The Xbox live system is better INMO. It usually lag free and if its not M$ will fix it.

Sonys lets the developers run there own servers and there no real standard when it come to optimizations.

Just stick in Madden and notice the lag. Then go play Madden on the PS2 and notice Lag compared to that of Xbox and Xbox 360.

Thats why it's so free.

I have no lag on my PS3 or on Madden on-line.

You got lucky then.

Some lag is due to the other persons connection. The EA servers were horrible for a long time.

I have not been online in months so I don't know what they are like now.

XBOX 360 servers are gold. GOW never freezes or lags, NBA 2K7 never lags, crackdown never lags, and Madden only lags if someone has a bad connection but they are awesome.

My friend has a ps2 and says it lags alot and I've also heard that the PS3 lags alot too.

You got lucky then.

Some lag is due to the other persons connection. The EA servers were horrible for a long time.

I have not been online in months so I don't know what they are like now.

Actually, Madden 07 in general is just very poorly optimized for the PS3. EA really half-assed it and didn't seem to do any study with regards to the SPEs when they ported it from the 360.

All that proves is that EA is just a horrible company... but we've known that for a long time.

... and still come in cheaper than the PS3 60 gig model.

(disclaimer: I pledge no allegiance to one system/brand or another. I'm just a gamer that loves great games)

Not so fast my friend.

Just do a Google search on the web for XBOX 360 vs PS3 price comparison and you'll see that the ps3 is cheaper by a $100 bucks or so (hint: Xbox Live Subscription).

As for whoever posted about M$, giving gift to bloggers and having their fanboys post on message boards about the greatness of the 360 has hit the nail on the head. I've witnessed first hand how friends that cover the Gaming industry have received systems from M$ to review that they are supposed to return in two weeks. For one of the guys I know, that was about a year ago.

EDIT: I see where HK Hog did the math.

Also the "you don't have to buy the HDDVD arguement isn't valid. We are comparing the systems on what they offer. If that's the case, you could use the price of the 20GB PS3 instead of the 60GB when doing the figuring. PS3 will come out to be a bit more but you'll have a machine that could play HD Movies, and FREE online multiplayer. The only thing killing Sony right now is the lack of games..but the first year for every system(as of late) sucks.

To add to the Microsoft vs Sony...

WTF Sony, you're blowing it! I just asked the local store, the Final Fantasy XIII and the new Metal Gear Solid are being pushed back, most likely early 2008! Bleh... WTF is up with that garbage?

All that processing power and the only games coming out that actually will use it won't be out for another year. :mad:

To add to the Microsoft vs Sony...

WTF Sony, you're blowing it! I just asked the local store, the Final Fantasy XIII and the new Metal Gear Solid are being pushed back, most likely early 2008! Bleh... WTF is up with that garbage?

All that processing power and the only games coming out that actually will use it won't be out for another year. :mad:

I've always thought that it was better for the game when it gets pushed back. I'd rather play what the devs feel is a finished product instead of something that was rushed to market and sucks to high hell.

As for FFXIII, if XII was any indication of what we'd be seeing from the series (storywise) we'd all be better off playing whatever comes from Mistwalker on the 360 instead.

We're football nuts... we kinda have to :doh:

Not this year, I'm getting the 2K8 game with the legendary players. This game is seriously going to be amazing! Check out the rediculously good animation this game (and GTA IV) will allegedly be using here:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/772/772585p3.html

The animations are so realistic because they're not canned. Instead of being rigidly designed by animators the animations are computed on the fly by the console. Each player has a virtual "nervous system" that causes them to react to collisions in realistic ways so when the hit isn't flush the tackler will spin around the ball carrier. The players also try to protect themselves from hits as well and the nervous sytem causes them to try to protect their spines if the are going to fall on their heads by bracing themselves with their arms etc... The realism of the animation is incredible and also allows for gang tackling (a feature that has only been used in the PS3 version of Madden before. Truly amazing stuff!

I've always thought that it was better for the game when it gets pushed back. I'd rather play what the devs feel is a finished product instead of something that was rushed to market and sucks to high hell.

As for FFXIII, if XII was any indication of what we'd be seeing from the series (storywise) we'd all be better off playing whatever comes from Mistwalker on the 360 instead.

True, but 2008? If the hottest games won't come out before the 2007 holiday season then Sony is gonna lose some serious business.

I dunno. I think people are being unfair to Sony.

Right now, without a shadow of a doubt 360 is the system to have.

And I fault Sony for launching before it was ready to be launched. However, the PS3 will come on strong soon and it should be an interesting console war within the next few years.

But no argument from me currently. 360 is better thus far.

True, but 2008? If the hottest games won't come out before the 2007 holiday season then Sony is gonna lose some serious business.

I'm pretty sure something will come down the pipe before then. Sony shocked the hell out of me when they dropped the LittleBigPlanet bomb. When I saw the pics I initially thought, "WTF is this garbage?". Then I saw the game in action and saw the level of control and creation the gamer has and I was was sold.

So I typed all of that to say, that something will come out. Don't forget about GTAIV. Is that slated to drop this year?

So I typed all of that to say, that something will come out. Don't forget about GTAIV. Is that slated to drop this year?
Not sure, but I know IV is gonna be amazing. Rockstar is gonna use a brand new game engine from a company called NaturalMotion. (dynamic "Ephoria" engine) It uses human skeletal structures and has real time movement, opposed to what we see now; specific Animations for different movements. Beating someone's ass will never look so good. :)

I'm pretty sure it's releasing on both Xbox 360 and PS3 though.

Not sure, but I know IV is gonna be amazing. Rockstar is gonna use a brand new game engine from a company called NaturalMotion. (dynamic "Ephoria" engine) It uses human skeletal structures and has real time movement, opposed to what we see now; specific Animations for different movements. Beating someone's ass will never look so good. :)

I'm pretty sure it's releasing on both Xbox 360 and PS3 though.

Yeah I saw what Natural Motion could do with a few of the All Pro Football 2K animation tests. I can't wait to see what their engine does for both of those titles.

Yeah I saw what Natural Motion could do with a few of the All Pro Football 2K animation tests. I can't wait to see what their engine does for both of those titles.
Man, I didn't even think of the sports games.

You know anywhere I can see a vid or demo?

Archived