Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BioShock and Mass Effect

skinsfan07

Fine, so they also have some third person shooters, my bad. :rolleyes:

Thank you for saying exactly what I just said. My whole point was that the PS3 is still priced very competitively with the 360 when you take into account what it is equipped with. The people who harp on

I'm not saying that Microsoft doesn't have the advantage now... I'm just saying that you're accomplishing nothing blindly railing against a gaming system you don't own. As a piece of technology, the PS3 is arguably the best console on the market but so far its failed to show a lot for it, I'll readily admit that.

However, there is neither a need or a point for you to turn a thread that should just be about the games into a PS3 vs. 360 debate. There have been plenty of those and absolutely nothing has come of them. Quite frankly it will be another year before the PS3 really picks up steam... and everyone who owns one already realizes this, so why bother?

You sound perfectly impartial :rolleyes:

since the thread is about the games then, let's just discuss how sweet these two games are gonna be. Not b/c they are probably gonna better than any current ps3 game, but b/c they look awesome.

And ps3 may be the best console on the market, but like you said it has failed to show why it is. I wonder why? *cough* cost *cough*. the 360 didn't have that problem even though it was 500 at release.

And dude, I'm only 17, of course I'm gonna say sony is microsoft biotch b/c it is what it is. And I have played the ps3, and the ppl who tried to compare gears of war to resistance were completely wrong. GOW blows that game out of the water.

So lets just leave it as a nex gen war battle, that will only be solved with time. xbox 360 still pwns though. :silly:

I'm tired of FPS's. They are the same damn game with imrpoved graphics. What's the difference between Halo, Gears of War, Medal of Honor, Call of duty, Resistance, etc.? That's why the wii is the best of the three consoles. The 360 doesn't have Twilight Princess and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. The Wii is fun to play with. I get tired of deathmatches online. Where is the variety?

The Ps3 is garbage now because of the lack of games. However, when Rachet and Clank comes out for it (my choice for game of the year next year), it will at least have something worth playing.

You guys are exagerating a little. I have all three consoles and the 360 is the best right now, I'll grant you that. The 360 also has an excellent lineup coming out this year. However, it's WAY too early to say the 360 is better.

The PS3 has only been out for four months so it has barely shown anything yet. And even though it is so new and has so few games I played it a lot more than my 360 last month as four awesome games (F1, Motorstorm, VF5, and Tekken 5) came out. The only good exclusive that came out last month for 360 was Crackdown and that had so little content I beat it in four days (the game is sweet but there's no story). Also, the first gen multiplatform titles for the PS3 look way better than the first gen 360 titles and almost as good as the second gen 360 titles (except Fight Night and NBA 2K7 which look BETTER on PS3).

Imagine what the PS3 could do when people actually know how to harness its power! Exclusive PS3 titles are already STARTING to harness this power. Here are two examples:

GT:HD (The game is on the left and a real photo on the right just in case you can't tell! LOL!:laugh: Also, except for the last shot those are all ingame graphics! This game is AMAZING!!:notworthy )

GTcomparaferrari.jpg

Little Big Planet (yes it looks like a kiddie game but look at the unbelievably realistic textures - it looks MUCH better in video as well and yes this is gameplay)

littlebigplanet-20070307004402721.jpg

I have yet to see the 360 do anything that even comes CLOSE to those two games. I agree that right now the 360 is better but I am beginning to feel that a year from now (or less) you may be seeing the PS3 really start to pull away and if you're spending $400-600 on a console the future is VERY important! Sorry for all the pics!;)

Oblivion textures look exactly the same as the Little Big World textures, and that came out a year ago.

Every console's graphics get better year by year. Look at original xbox launch to what the original xbox does now.

I agree that the ps3 has good graphics but I could care less about graphics.

Gameplay/Content > Graphics hands down

Oblivion textures look exactly the same as the Little Big World textures, and that came out a year ago.

Every console's graphics get better year by year. Look at original xbox launch to what the original xbox does now.

agreed

which is why the ea sports games suck b/c all they have is graphics.

2K games pwn EA sports games.

NBA 2K7>>>>NBALive 07

Dude, Oblivion is amazing but it is nowhere near as good graphically or texture-wise as LBP. Please, just watch the gameplay in HD, the screenshots don't do it justice. Also, IGN says that Oblivion is another game that looks better on PS3 as well. However, Bethesda has ahad a year since the game came out on 360 to refine their game.

I agree that graphics aren't the most important thing but I also think developers can do more with a more powerful system and unlike the 360 the PS3 actually did add a feature, tilt-sensing, that can potentially redically improve gameplay this generation. I'm not saying the PS3 is better or even that it is definately more powerful but I am just saying that it is WAY TOO EARLY to announce that the 360 is better.

agreed

which is why the ea sports games suck b/c all they have is graphics.

2K games pwn EA sports games.

NBA 2K7>>>>NBALive 07

2K games DO have better graphics than EA games though (and much better animations, in 2K7 the ball actually goes where the player throws it, not at a 90 degree angle from the animation) so EA is tripley screwed.

I agree that graphics aren't the most important thing but I also think developers can do more with a more powerful system and unlike the 360 the PS3 actually did add a feature, tilt-sensing, that can potentially redically improve gameplay this generation. I'm not saying the PS3 is better or even that it is definately more powerful but I am just saying that it is WAY TOO EARLY to announce that the 360 is better.

Addendum to that:

The tilt control is actually very well done and can be pretty sensitive... however, a lot of games out right now don't implement it very well. Granted, a lot of the time tilt controls are implemented in an optional, almost demonstration-only manner. flOw really does a good job of showing off the potential for it, even if it has no real gameplay value (but hey, you're only paying $5 for a pretty cool conceptual game).

Big deal, everyone steals from everyone else. Seriously, what has the xbox done that was ever revolutionary?

xbox live is supposed to be really good.

i just think that what sony did was particularly dirty because nintendo held out for so long with their controller knowing that it could be replicated, and what is the first thing sony does? completely redesign their controller to steal nintendo's idea. classy move.

Addendum to that:

The tilt control is actually very well done and can be pretty sensitive... however, a lot of games out right now don't implement it very well. Granted, a lot of the time tilt controls are implemented in an optional, almost demonstration-only manner. flOw really does a good job of showing off the potential for it, even if it has no real gameplay value (but hey, you're only paying $5 for a pretty cool conceptual game).

Exactly, I can't wait to see it implemented in a flying game. What seems even cooler is in a game like "Army of Two" they say that the tilt-sensing would be used when firing a sniper rifle so that you actually have to hold the controller dead still or the crosshairs will move when you're zoomed in so you have to be steady just like a real sniper. That is AWESOME! Also Unreal Tournament 3 sayd that tilt-control will be used for aiming which could be really cool if implemented properly.

xbox live is supposed to be really good.

i just think that what sony did was particularly dirty because nintendo held out for so long with their controller knowing that it could be replicated, and what is the first thing sony does? completely redesign their controller to steal nintendo's idea. classy move.

Sony was smart in making the PS3 so damn open-ended. Their late release allowed them to add what they needed to be competitive and they can easily implement new features from the software side (see: Home). Are they copying certain aspects of the Wii and 360? Of course... is it an ethical thing to do? Not sure, but since when is competition over business ever truly ethical?

I am under the impression that both will be on a level playing field 2 or 3 years from now. The ps3 did have a year to tweak and everything too.

What is tilt-sensing? I am interested in knowing.

It is also my opinion that most every good game that will be on the ps3 will also be on the xbox as well. The only game I would buy a ps3 for is Final Fantasy (personal preference) but I think that producer works for Microsoft now so I will wait and see how that turns out. I am not a big MGS fan and other than MGS, sony just does not have any exclusive rights.

I could be wrong though, I have not kept up with the gaming industry for a couple months so I am pretty far behind.

E3 in April? Can't wait!

Example : Madden 07.

I used to love madden. But the next gen madden is flat out horrible. 06 ( not next gen version) was the best one they ever made. With the playmaker abilities and qb vision that worked, and maddens voice. seriously... the only thing that is better on the new madden is the look of the field. Just because you have better graphics doesnt mean you have a better game.

All I have to say is this generation is going to be incredible and we haven't seen anything yet. If you really want to have your mind blown check out this article about the new animation engines for the next-gen consoles (360 and PS3).

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/772/772585p1.html

We were just talking about how much better 2K is than EA, well just imagine how awesome the 2K football game coming out this year is going to be!!!!!! It would be better than Madden even without the new Euphoria engine but with it it is going to be unlike anything you have EVER seen!

In flOw, for instance, the controls are as followed:

- Special ability: any button

- Move around: tilt the controller

If I want the little organism-thingy to go up, I tilt the controller downward and he'll keep moving in that direction until the bottom of the controller is parallel to the ground again. Sideways? Tilt the controller to the left or right.

I've actually played that game using two controllers (one in each hand), controlling two different organism-type whatevers... its pretty trippy and pretty hard to do.

Sony was smart in making the PS3 so damn open-ended. Their late release allowed them to add what they needed to be competitive and they can easily implement new features from the software side (see: Home). Are they copying certain aspects of the Wii and 360? Of course... is it an ethical thing to do? Not sure, but since when is competition over business ever truly ethical?

i don't see microsoft making these underhanded moves (in the xbox department, the OS company is a whole different monster)

it just seems to me that sony is :evil:, microsoft is $$, and nintendo is :halo:

:silly:

i don't see microsoft making these underhanded moves (in the xbox department, the OS company is a whole different monster)

it just seems to me that sony is :evil:, microsoft is $$, and nintendo is :halo:

:silly:

Microsoft's marketing for the 360 is the most underhanded of the three. But yeah, Nintendo is very innocent in comparison to the other two ;)

I am under the impression that both will be on a level playing field 2 or 3 years from now. The ps3 did have a year to tweak and everything too.

It is also my opinion that most every good game that will be on the ps3 will also be on the xbox as well. The only game I would buy a ps3 for is Final Fantasy (personal preference) but I think that producer works for Microsoft now so I will wait and see how that turns out. I am not a big MGS fan and other than MGS, sony just does not have any exclusive rights.

I could be wrong though, I have not kept up with the gaming industry for a couple months so I am pretty far behind.

E3 in April? Can't wait!

I agree. I think that the multiplatform games will be awesome on both.

I got both the 360 and PS3 because right now the 360 is better and its new exclusives such as Gears and Dead Rising (the game that made me buy my 360) are amazing and of course Halo is Halo, not much more to say.

However, I have a real soft spot for Sony's first party exclusives such as Gran Turismo, God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, etc... and you can only get those games on a Sony system.

Tilt-sensing means that the controller can sense when you are tilting it, and in what direction and by how much.

Archived