Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BioShock and Mass Effect

skinsfan07

They have been giving bloggers gifts and money to say good things about the xbox and bash the PS3.

and???????

Isn't that what marketing is all about. Promoting your product and doing whatever it takes to sell it?

PS3 should have tried to do the same thing.

what was underhanded about the 360 marketing?

They went to great lengths to propagandize the PS3 online via fan sites and blogs. Basically, they used their fanboys as deadly marketing weapons.

Edit:

They have been giving bloggers gifts and money to say good things about the xbox and bash the PS3.

He got it right :silly:

:laugh: if this is true, i find it hilarious. maybe not quite so much evil, but it is decietful :laugh:

Hence why I said "underhanded" :silly:

and???????

Isn't that what marketing is all about. Promoting your product and doing whatever it takes to sell it?

PS3 should have tried to do the same thing.

They should have, but considering that PokerPacker was talking about how PS3's tilt control implementation was a bit dirty... it seemed extremely relevant to bring that up.

I cant wait until the PS3 is worth buying and graphics are part of the equation especially when playing games where you need to see in the distance.

I hope Sony gets on par with M$ and now Nintendo, because the future is not looking bright for Sony right this minute. I mean when you have major players speaking out against you then all you can really say is, "its been fun."

Didn't M$ do the motion sensing thing in the 90's??

Hey, have you guys checked out this link yet? Seriously, you should, the little videos that they have are absolutely amazing! Especially the Euphoria demos which is the technology that is being used in GTA IV and the new 2K football game. As J.P. says in Grandma's Boy, "it's the future of gaming!"

All I have to say is this generation is going to be incredible and we haven't seen anything yet. If you really want to have your mind blown check out this article about the new animation engines for the next-gen consoles (360 and PS3).

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/772/772585p1.html

We were just talking about how much better 2K is than EA, well just imagine how awesome the 2K football game coming out this year is going to be!!!!!! It would be better than Madden even without the new Euphoria engine but with it it is going to be unlike anything you have EVER seen!

I cant wait until the PS3 is worth buying and graphics are part of the equation especially when playing games where you need to see in the distance.

I hope Sony gets on par with M$ and now Nintendo, because the future is not looking bright for Sony right this minute. I mean when you have major players speaking out against you then all you can really say is, "its been fun."

Didn't M$ do the motion sensing thing in the 90's??

are you sure you aren't thinking of nintendo?

powerglove.jpg

they finally got the technology they introduced in their first generation system to work in thier 5th generation system. gotta give 'em credit, they didn't give up on their idea.

Well dont M$ own the patent to the rumble feature? I think they bought the company who sued Sony.

Well dont M$ own the patent to the rumble feature? I think they bought the company who sued Sony.

No, they just put in some initial investment. Actually "rumble" is patented by Nintendo. What the xbox, xbox 360, playstation, and PS2 used is dual-motor force feedback. Sony has now settled their lawsuit with Immersion and they have entered a new agreement with them which essentially guarantees that force feedback is coming to the PS3. In fact, the producer of God of War confirmed that the PS3 would be getting force feedback yesterday.

Also, there are a lot of rumors that the PS3 will be getting Immersions "next-gen" force feedback known as TouchSense. This is a really amazing technology where insted of the motors just spinning and vibrating they can actually copy a wide variety of sensations. For example, when you shoot a shotgun you feel strong recoil and when its out of ammo you just feel a click in the controller. Or when you use a light saber you feel a humming sensation in your hands. More infor here:

http://www.immersion.com/gaming/video_pc/next-gen/

Also, note how it speciafically says in the product description that this technology is compatible with tilt-sensing controllers.

Those games so friggin damn tight. Mass Effect looks like Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

As for the Xbox vs Sony vs Wii. Well things will balance out. PS3 will blow up once the Metal Gear, Final Fantasy and Gran Turismo come out. Initially, they made a huge mistake putting the Blue-Ray in every unit. They should've released a cheaper version.

Laughing at the 360 users. :laugh: You guys have to buy all of those add ons. :laugh:

... and still come in cheaper than the PS3 60 gig model.

I was a Sony fanboy for a loooooooong time. Sony time as king has come to an end. I was originall interested in a Wii this season, but could not find one and saw the graphics and games and decided that it will be behind once again on the tech edge. They still have some great games though.

During my travels, I have see countless PS3's sitting and waiting to be bought. you can find them anywhere. Try that with a Wii. Sony let me down. Bye Sony... Chapter 11 here you come!!!

... and still come in cheaper than the PS3 60 gig model.

I was a Sony fanboy for a loooooooong time. Sony time as king has come to an end. I was originall interested in a Wii this season, but could not find one and saw the graphics and games and decided that it will be behind once again on the tech edge. They still have some great games though.

During my travels, I have see countless PS3's sitting and waiting to be bought. you can find them anywhere. Try that with a Wii. Sony let me down. Bye Sony... Chapter 11 here you come!!!

Not true. In my area PS3s were easy to come by in early January. However, last week my friend was playing Motorstorm over at my house and loving it and he had just seen the Home introduction and wanted to go buy one. We had to go to nine stores before we found any in stock. They are harder to find now than they were two months ago! This is what happens when you start releasing some good games and make a few big announcements like they did at GDC. The PS3 also had its best week since launch in Jpan last week selling more than double the consoles it normally does in a week.

So the HD/DVD add on is $200 for the 360? Guess its not really cheaper after all.

Same price alltogether as the PS3

360-399 + hd dvd-199 = 599

PS3 = 599

Sony tried to do the same thing with the PS2. I was going to be a home entertaintment console! How many people actually hooked it up to speakers for cd playing? How many people actually watched DVD's with it. Hell, it did not work with most DVD's. You think this console will be any different? Video game consoles are for one thing... video games(hence the name), not cd's, dvd's, hd-dvd's, blu-ray...

Same price alltogether as the PS3

360-399 + hd dvd-199 = 599

PS3 = 599

Sony tried to do the same thing with the PS2. I was going to be a home entertaintment console! How many people actually hooked it up to speakers for cd playing? How many people actually watched DVD's with it. Hell, it did not work with most DVD's. You think this console will be any different? Video game consoles are for one thing... video games(hence the name), not cd's, dvd's, hd-dvd's, blu-ray...

Or you could say (considering consoles normally have a five year lifespan):

360-399 + hd dvd-199 + 4 yrs Xbox Live- 200 = 799

PS3 = 599

Not true. In my area PS3s were easy to come by in early January. However, last week my friend was playing Motorstorm over at my house and loving it and he had just seen the Home introduction and wanted to go buy one. We had to go to nine stores before we found any in stock. They are harder to find now than they were two months ago! This is what happens when you start releasing some good games and make a few big announcements like they did at GDC. The PS3 also had its best week since launch in Jpan last week selling more than double the consoles it normally does in a week.

Link? Scource?

Archived