Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Okoye & Skins Schedule Private Workout (Merged)

D-Day

If Peterson drops I think we need to require a 2nd rounder from either team. Points wise it may not add up, but if Houston wants him, they need to have the same offer on the table. If we could get that then maybe we could try to get 1,2,3 from Buffalo.

Skins pick 1600

Houston offer 1910

Buffalo offer 1890

If they have the need bad enough, it would be great if Houston would offer that. At 8 Anderson or Adams might still be available and Tank Tyler could be had in round 2. Quick DE, Massive DT. Would help out with the run D and sacks problems.

edit: While I realize the Skins are winning the points by a lot it does make sense. Both teams need/want a starting RB. Buffalo's 1st and 2nd would be 1670 points (pretty even if they get what they want). To be about even Houston would need to offer the same, and we could take that or try and get an extra pick out of Buffalo. In the Buffalo case we could do DE/DT/OG or DT/DE/OG. At 12 I think Adams/Anderson are gone, hopefully we could do something like Okoye, Quentin Moses and Josh Beekman.

Add a 3rd and 4th for Springs and we could trade the new 2nd with a 3rd to trade a few spots up for Ben Grubbs.

Houston trade

Anderson or Adams, Ben Grubbs, plus 4th rounder (S, CB, DE)

Buffalo trade

Okoye, Ben Grubbs, Victor Abiamiri (if he drops to the 3rd), plus 4th rounder

and 302 is not big for a DT. 330 is big for a DT, and thats the kinda mammoth run stuffer were missing. golston is 292 and griff was barely 300 and they both got bulldozed last season.

Griffin never gets bulldozed when healthy. He's one of the stronger DTs in the league and plays with great leverage.

I think the talent level needs to be raised in general with good young atheletes. Add a Branch or Okoye to couple with Griffin and it'll make a big difference.

We'll still need another DE to replace Daniels, but that can wait till next year.

RE - Andre Carter

DT - Amobi Okoye or Alan Branch

DT - Cornelius Griffin

LE - 2008 1st round choice

After that, if the draft picks aren't busts.... our defensive line will have been rebuilt and in good shape for the future.

i feel confident that rogers and smoot can be our starting corners, with a good pass rush theyll both be fine. springs will most likely be released or traded because his cap hit come june 1st is supposedly gigantic (i dont know much about cap hits/bonuses/salaries/all that jazz) and hes old and brittle.

and 302 is not big for a DT. 330 is big for a DT, and thats the kinda mammoth run stuffer were missing. golston is 292 and griff was barely 300 and they both got bulldozed last season. we need a huge dude up front. thats not to say that okoye cant add some more weight, but we need big boys up front, and right now were missing that. montgomrey (if he was ready) could fill that starting big DT role with his size.

He costs the same to keep or release 7.5 mil. If he is cut or released after June 1st he will save about 2.5 mil this year but costs a dead cap hit of 5 mil next. We are best off to keep him one more year. If we release or trade him next year we will have the same dead cap hit of 5 mil but save about 3 mil in cap space next year.

We are currently 9 ml under the cap, when we draft a DE expect to see wynn released for another savings of 2.5 mil.

We do not need the cap space this year that a June 1st cut of springs will bring.

The only thing I don't understand is, why are we even targeting at DT? I like Okoye and all and I would be very happy with him in the B&G but we need alot more talent at DE. I don't think I can go another season with Philip Daniels' inconsistantcy.

Griffin never gets bulldozed when healthy. He's one of the stronger DTs in the league and plays with great leverage.

I think the talent level needs to be raised in general with good young atheletes. Add a Branch or Okoye to couple with Griffin and it'll make a big difference.

We'll still need another DE to replace Daniels, but that can wait till next year.

RE - Andre Carter

DT - Amobi Okoye or Alan Branch

DT - Cornelius Griffin

LE - 2008 1st round choice

After that, if the draft picks aren't busts.... our defensive line will have been rebuilt and in good shape for the future.

this doesnt help our pass rush at all. daniels is horrendous, were doomed if hes in there. hes 35 years old!!!

The only thing I don't understand is, why are we even targeting at DT? I like Okoye and all and I would be very happy with him in the B&G but we need alot more talent at DE. I don't think I can go another season with Philip Daniels' inconsistantcy.

DE and DT are of equal need as far as I'm concerned. Especially when you consider that none of our interior lineman produced a passrush last year and we sucked against the run.

Daniels and Evans ... Salavea and Golston. Both of those positions need upgrades in talent.

this doesnt help our pass rush at all. daniels is horrendous, were doomed if hes in there. hes 35 years old!!!

Yes it does. Unless you want to overlook collapsing the pocket in the middle and you only want to address the outside pass rush. Both need attention. So does our run defense.

i feel confident that rogers and smoot can be our starting corners, with a good pass rush theyll both be fine. springs will most likely be released or traded because his cap hit come june 1st is supposedly gigantic (i dont know much about cap hits/bonuses/salaries/all that jazz) and hes old and brittle.

and 302 is not big for a DT. 330 is big for a DT, and thats the kinda mammoth run stuffer were missing. golston is 292 and griff was barely 300 and they both got bulldozed last season. we need a huge dude up front. thats not to say that okoye cant add some more weight, but we need big boys up front, and right now were missing that. montgomrey (if he was ready) could fill that starting big DT role with his size.

I have all the confidence in the world regarding Carlos despite popular opinion on this board. But I think he's better with Springs on the other side, and I'd prefer Smoot to be the nickle rather than Jimoh. Getting rid of Springs creates an unnecessary hole.

As for Okoye, 302 is not huge for a DT, but it's not necessarily small either. Also I expect he'll grow a bit more in terms of weight from muscle mass as his body finishes maturing. He may have only put up 29 reps or so in the combine, but it was 29 reps as a 19 year old. By 21-22 he should be a decent amount stronger and heavier.

DE and DT are of equal need as far as I'm concerned. Especially when you consider that none of our interior lineman produced a passrush last year and we sucked against the run.

Daniels and Evans ... Salavea and Golston. Both of those positions need upgrades in talent.

It is true, also am I the only one who thinks that C Griff has got one foot out the door? If he has another repeat performance of last season I think he needs to be cut. I think if we had a full compliment of picks we would have no need for any of the old men who currently occupy our wretched dline.

Donte Hall, Shawn Merriman... off the top of my head.

there is nobody in the NFL with the name of DONTE HALL. DO YOU EVEN WATCH FOOTBALL?

anyways.

What i think the Skins should do, is trade down to around the 11th pick, acquire a 2nd rounder, (use the first rounder on okoye) then draft a DE in the 2nd round. I cant watch daniels and wynn on the ends anymore, its depressing.

Yes it does. Unless you want to overlook collapsing the pocket in the middle and you only want to address the outside pass rush. Both need attention. So does our run defense.

good point, i will agree with you. but i still want an outside threat that carter was bringing at the end of the season. i dont know, maybe if daniels just plugs up the outside, okoye plugs up the middle, griffin and carter can be our rushers and we'll be ok.

there is nobody in the NFL with the name of DONTE HALL. DO YOU EVEN WATCH FOOTBALL?

anyways.

What i think the Skins should do, is trade down to around the 11th pick, acquire a 2nd rounder, (use the first rounder on okoye) then draft a DE in the 2nd round. I cant watch daniels and wynn on the ends anymore, its depressing.

You don't have to watch Daniels and Wynn on the ends, it's Daniels and Carter as of this moment.

anyways.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5182

dante hall.

Chill. The guy probably meant DeAngelo Hall from Va Tech who we interviewed the year we picked Sean Taylor.

The Skins have always brought a handful of players in for personal interviews prior to the draft....some they are truly interested in and others to mislead other NFL teams.

I agree, if we take him at 6 we take him at 6. This guy is a winner. He works hard. For a kid to come from Nigeria and at 12 start high school and go to college at 15 and play for a good school is pretty impressive. I'd take him either way, but trading down and getting more picks would be great.

Wow, so thats how he got to the NFL at 19. Great Post.

After watching the draft show lastnight, I saw this dudes highlights, and he's a beast. He said he's going to add weight just to show everyone that he can do it and not lose his speed. This dudes got personality, I like him. I watched the Branch highlights, and can not go wrong selecting this guy. But they said that Branch doesnt go 100% every play. And from looking at him, I believe that. He's huge. And he's not slow. But Okoye, looks like he has an engine. Almost like the old Warren Sapp. If we can get a trade where we can still be in position to get him, along with a second rounder, we will have a great draft. Because this draft is very deep at the D-Line position.

Chill. The guy probably meant DeAngelo Hall from Va Tech who we interviewed the year we picked Sean Taylor.

The Skins have always brought a handful of players in for personal interviews prior to the draft....some they are truly interested in and others to mislead other NFL teams.

He meant the KR/WR from KC I believe.

Relax junior. I'm talking about the Corner for the Atlanta Falcons. DeAngelo is the correct first name. I always get his name mixed up with the Kick returner from the Chiefs.

If we take him at 6 we take him at 6. If we think he's a better prospect at Branch then that is fine with me. A trade down is ideal, but if we dont trade down we should ultimately get the best player at 6, whoever that is.

a Great point and lets not forget trading down you could miss the player too.

All I know is I saw Jamall Anderson in a couple of games this year and I can remember saying I can't wait till next year to pick that guy up. That was before he went pro this year though.

Okeoye is not good value at 6 so the Skins probably plan to tarde down and may already have a deal on the Table with Houston (picking 8) ... at that point Amobe becomes fairer value ... this guy is supposed to be super quick ... why can't he play end?

Does anyone know how 2 gap tackles like Branch, compared to one gap tackles like Okoye have traditionally been valued by Gregg Williams in the past? I know we haven't really had a 2 gapper since he's been here but if he prefers 1 gap tackles as a matter of philosophy, it could explain their interest in Okoye over Branch. But yes, if we are targeting him hopefully we could move down a few spots. But every year certain guys go much earlier than expected.

Gregg Williams would like to have the 2-gapper if possible. In his days in Buffalo he had 2 of em (Sam Adam and Pat Williams) if Im not mistaken he may have had Ted Washington in there as well at one point. Bottom line he likes (perfers) the big boys in the middle...

Gregg Williams would like to have the 2-gapper if possible. In his days in Buffalo he had 2 of em (Sam Adam and Pat Williams) if Im not mistaken he may have had Ted Washington in there as well at one point. Bottom line he likes (perfers) the big boys in the middle...

I think it was opposite when he was with the Titans. He had mobile and more athletic DTs.

Archived