Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NJT "Rumors: Redskins might trade picks with Packers"

FrFan

I like the Texans trade scenario the best. We go down only a couple of spots, where we can still get Jamaal Anderson, and get a 2nd/3rd rounder. That, and if we trade Springs for a 3rd, we'd be able to move up if their is a specific player(guard) that we want to take.

Actually, the value chart is precisely accurate. In fact, every team makes trades based on the values shown on the chart. If a team is desperate for a player, they may go higher than the value. That is what you hold out hope for, but, at the minimum, you receive the value presented in draft pick trades as defined by a shared source like the trade chart. This, shockingly, may actually mean your gut feel as to what a good trade is or is not does not actually matter and should be kept to yourself because there's an actual measure surpassing your thoughts.

Well stated :cheers:

The chart is not accurate. Some years you might have 10 good defensive linemen. Some years you might have 1 elite one.

How can you make a trade based on math when each eyar the players are not the same.

If the Colts used the chart when they had the number 1 pick and took Peyton Manning they would of got killed. If the Colts used the chart when Alex Smith was the number 1 pick they might have won the deal or got equal value.

Now your using hindsight. If you remember there was actually some debate at the time that I guy name Ryan Leaf might be the #1 pick. The whole Idea of the chart is to give you a place to start from. Whether you ask for more or except less is certainly up to how you evaluate the draft as it applies to what you are trying to accomplish. But the chart is an accurate starting point. And is used routinly by just about every GM in the league.

Actually, the value chart is precisely accurate. In fact, every team makes trades based on the values shown on the chart. If a team is desperate for a player, they may go higher than the value. That is what you hold out hope for, but, at the minimum, you receive the value presented in draft pick trades as defined by a shared source like the trade chart. This, shockingly, may actually mean your gut feel as to what a good trade is or is not does not actually matter and should be kept to yourself because there's an actual measure surpassing your thoughts.

Perfectly stated.

The Redskins' 6th pick is worth: 1600pts

16th pick: 1000

47th pick (2nd round): 430

108th pick (4th round): 78

Total: 1508 points

Now, the point system doesn't take into account who is available. If, say Calvin Johnson is available, he's worth a heck of a lot more than a 1st and 2nd.

Amobi Okoye... no doubt... he is gonna be a stud....
He'll be gone by #16. :doh:

Okoye might be, though I doubt it.

Adam Carriker, Charles Johnson, Jarvis Moss, Quentin Moses, DeMarcus Tyler, and Quinn Pit**** could all be there.

Lots of fun speculation, BUT, if any of these deals get done, they will be done while we have our 15 minutes on the clock. Not before. It all depends on who is available after the fifth pick, and how badly some other team wants that particular player. If you were GM, and you had your top choice available at the time your turn in the draft came up, would you draft your top choice, or would you trade down?

For the Skins, unless we can sign a stop-gap guard between now and the end of April, trading down (assuming someone will trade with us), is the better option. We draft a second tier DL with the lower first round choice, and a guard with the second round choice. Anything else is gravy compared to what we have today.

:logo:

Trading down to 16 is unacceptable ... the Skins will get a Rocky McIintosh player at that spot ... the Skins can only trade down if they stay in the top 10 if they want an impact player ... anything less than Hall, Okeyoe, or Carriker will be a disaster.

The chart has nothing to do with the prospect or level of talent per se'. It has everything to do with "value" based on a formula for teams to consider "value". It's an easy concept to grasp, and it's a means to decipher what is fair in drafting. The formula will work in our favor if a given draftee is sitting at the 6 slot and a given team really wants that player.

By the way...16 and a second (at #47)....not good enough IMO. No friggin' way. And, Green Bay will certainly start singing a different tune if they really want their guy at the 6 slot. Squeeze a third in there as well and ya got somethin' :)

HTTR

Is anyone reading what the rumor ACTUALLY said in the thread? Number 16, 2nd rd, "and a SECOND day pick!!!" Whether it is a 3rd obviously has not been determined yet. I would consider this for sure.

I hope we just sit on our 6th till Draft day. That's when other teams get nervous and do crazy things. Teams are still acquiring players right now and their needs now may change considerably by draft day. Just look at the Browns getting Jamaal Lewis(not saying they still don't want Peterson), the Bills losing Mcgahee, the Bucs acquiring Garcia, etc... Teams needs are still changing and right now our position isn't as good as it was before some of those moves were made. Let's wait until we got the largest number of teams offering trades to get what they need. That'll only be on draft day, when the bullets start flying. Just my opinion.

I know some people think we should keep our #6 pick so we can get a " IMPACT PLAYER" (What ever the hell that means). I think that is stupid. We need and must trade down and get more picks and get some youth on this team. I think we can still get a great player in the lower first round. Right now we have only 4 picks........4 PICKS in the draft??????????? That is UNSAT. We need more picks.

Is anyone reading what the rumor ACTUALLY said in the thread? Number 16, 2nd rd, "and a SECOND day pick!!!" Whether it is a 3rd obviously has not been determined yet. I would consider this for sure.

From the way I'm understanding the article, the third draft pick would be from the second day of the draft, not in the third round.

Either way, we shouldn't make any deals right now. Wait until we get closer to the draft and play some teams against each other and have them pay a premium for the 6th overall.

There is no guarantee that depth will come this year versus next. We need imediate impact help on the Dline, and it would be nice to draft a OLineman to groom or something, but lets be reasonable its going to take a few years to sort this train out

Adrian Peterson will NEVER be on the board at the #6 spot. Too many teams covet him and justifiably so. Also, didn't we help enrich the Niners with future picks when we decided we want B Lloyd? We should have been smart enough to keep Nolan but he HATES Snyder.

MOVING DOWN

Washington selects No. 6 overall, but the Redskins do not have a second, third or fourth round pick. They would love to move down and recoup some of those selections.

One rumor has Green Bay, if Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson is on the board, giving the Redskins the 16th pick, a second- round pick and a second-day pick.

:laugh: I started this rumor weeks ago! :laugh:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3551194#post3551194

Posted 03/01/07

I believe that it will be Peterson, and I believe that it will be the Packers who are our trading partners.

Swap picks in the first round (#6 for #15), and they throw in a 2nd rounder this year and a conditional pick next year.

Packers get Adrian Peterson

(w/ a little luck) we get:

1st round= Amobi Okoye, DT

2nd round= Brandon Merriweather, S

2008 2nd or 3rd round conditional pick

Okoye is an intelligent, athletic, young DT.

I think Arch Deluxe is in a Bears uniform by the end of March, and I don't see Prioleau/Fox as the answer at SS. Merriweather is a long-term answer and we all know how we collect players from "The U". Springs moving to SS would be a nice idea, but I don't see it happening. He's probably outta here.

Archived