Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Springfields Vie for Simpson Premiere

Dan T.

C'mon Springfield, Vee-AY!!! :cheers:

Springfields vie for 'Simpsons' premiere

AP

Springfield, the Oregon one, is on a list of like-named towns competing for the big-screen debut of Homer, Bart and the rest of the TV Simpson family this summer.

City officials accepted an invitation from 20th Century Fox to compete for the honor of hosting the premiere screening of "The Simpsons Movie" in July.

Fox publicist Gwyne Ortiz said Fox has asked 16 Springfields from Oregon to Massachusetts to participate.

Fox will pick the winner after reviewing short film entries showcasing the community's positive aspects and links to the Simpsons, who live in their own fictional Springfield.

The prime-time animated series created by Oregon-born Matt Groening is now in its 18th season.

"There's plenty of serious issues to talk about, but this is something that we might as well try to have a little fun with," Springfield Mayor Sid Leiken told the Register-Guard newspaper.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn:newsml:tv.ap.org:20070309:springfield_simpsons__ER:1

The Simpsons are located in Springfield,Kentucky. They said it on one of their episodes

I call BS. The writers have always been careful NOT to pinpoint where Springfield is. In fact it's been a recurring gag through the years.

I call BS. The writers have always been careful NOT to pinpoint where Springfield is. In fact it's been a recurring gag through the years.
The Simpsons are located in Springfield,Kentucky. They said it on one of their episodes

I believe it was the behind the laughter episode where they stated it was Springfield, KY. I wouldn't put too much into it though as they always do keep a lid on it

Go VA!

Seriously though, didn't the Simpsons have an episode where they revealed what state they live in? If I remember correctly it was the VH1 Behind the Simpsons episode. They say it right at the very end of the show. They said they were from Kentucky.

As I write this, I realize maybe they are joking around with the whole thing. I say this b/c they had a contest where the winner got a house that looked exactly like the Simpsons house. The house was located in Springfield, Nebraska, if I'm not mistaken.

• 4 months later...

Archived