Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Jets Seek Another Runner (TJ Duckett)

Commander Adama

Can we go 24 Hours?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Can we go 24 Hours?

• No, but it would be nice if we could go 4 hours.
    • No, it would create an imbalance in the space-time continuoum and the universe would explode
    • No. We need all these threads so the mods earn their 6-figure paychecks
    • No, I like talking about the same thing in 5 different threads. It increases my post-count

Article

Jets seeking another runner

Thursday, Mar 8, 2007 10:40 am EST

T.J. Duckett

Getty Images

A day after unveiling recently acquired running back Thomas Jones, the New York Jets showed they are not yet done refurbishing their backfield.

The team had meetings with free agent RB T.J. Duckett (Washington Redskins) and FB Darian Barnes (Miami Dolphins) yesterday, according to a league source.

Source: Newsday

Somebody is going to get him, use him properly, and then Lenny P will write something about it.
I hope so, but it should read that TJ Duckett who was great, was behind a superb backfield so he didn't get any playing time, but Joe Gibbs was great to have seen his potential. OK, so I am being delusional. :D

I hope so, but it should read that TJ Duckett who was great, was behind a superb backfield so he didn't get any playing time, but Joe Gibbs was great to have seen his potential. OK, so I am being delusional. :D
I think Betts' play shut him out of the playbook. They just couldn't take Betts off the field.

Dam, thats gonna hurt to see TJ leave if he does. We never got a glimpse of what this dude is capable of.

Yeah, we did.

Can't pass-block worth a damn and hits the hole like a guy half his size.

He'll soon be in the books with other HoF players whose skills the 'Skins couldn't "maximize" like Rod Gardner, Patrick Ramsey, Robert McCune and Darkerian McCants... :laugh:

Yeah, we did.

Can't pass-block worth a damn and hits the hole like a guy half his size.

True. I was unimpressed in his limited action. As far as short yardage situations went, he was not successful at all, and was worse than Betts in that regard. I suppose he could've been taught to pass block, but oh well... Godspeed Duckett!

Can we get our third round pick back now? :doh:

:logo:

ha, that's funny,, the Jets want a runner, and they mention Duckett.

Now if the headline read "Jets Looking to Acquire Tinkerbell" I'd immediately think of TJ.

~Bang

Or Fred Flintsone...basically anyone that tippytoes...TJ took 1 too many ballet classes in his time.

that would be an amazing combo, Duckett is everything Benson was not, strong runner, team player, they would be smart to put TJ and TJ together

Duckett is a strong runner?

Is this maybe Jimmy Duckett, or Tom Duckett?

I don't know what Duckett you've been watching, but TJ Duckett runs like a pansy. He can't move a pile, he won't even try,, he runs up to it, does his twinkletoe dance, and gets knocked right on over.

Duckett stinks unless the hole is HUGE.

~Bang

Duckett is a strong runner?

Is this maybe Jimmy Duckett, or Tom Duckett?

I don't know what Duckett you've been watching, but TJ Duckett runs like a pansy. He can't move a pile, he won't even try,, he runs up to it, does his twinkletoe dance, and gets knocked right on over.

Duckett stinks unless the hole is HUGE.

~Bang

I'm giving TJ a pass for his time in Washington. I always thought betts ran like a straight ***** until last year when he took over as the starter. It just reiterated that RBs need to get the ball to get into a groove and produce. It seemed TJ never really bought into what was going on here that is why he was unproductive. When he is really a part of an organization he will be a good back again.

watch and see

Archived