Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hall finally cut (merged)

Rufus T Firefly

Um, Randy Thomas anyone? :D

Gotta agree with one previous poster that I don't really want to see Wynn go. He's great as a reserve and as a run stuffer and provides exceptional leadership, I'd like to see him stick around.

Now, the question is, wtf are we planning to do with all this cap room? You know it wasn't freed up just for the hell of it. Are we just trying to get out of Srpings contract? Do we want Bly? Are they thinking about Mulitalo? Who knows, I'm anxious to see what they do here.

Personally, I like Springs. However, we realistically can't keep him past this year, he won't take a pay cut OR restructure (I think he wants one last signing bonus) and he's injured an awful lot therefore I think now is the perfect time to part ways. If we can get Bly, Denvers 1st, 2nd and (later) 3rd for our #6 overall, then trade Springs to the Lions or someone and get a 2nd, then turn around and trade the 1st from Denver and a second for the 13ish overall pick (Okoye) that would be a money offseason, imo. We'd get Bly, the DT we want in the draft (all reports say we're not high on Anderson/Branch/Adams and LOVE Okoye) and still have a 2nd and 3rd rounder to grab a DE and an OG. I really hope we can work this out. IMO, things only get more painful from here if we keep Springs around, between the cap hit and the injury problems. :2cents:

I liked Hall as a human being, but it was time we let him go. Good luck to him elsewhere, I suppose. :)

As for the woman saying something was up...

Hmmm... interesting. Who knows what's cooking up in the FO. Sure seems like a mighty storms 'a brewin' though.

there is one part of this situation that is a little concerning to me, though. I think it's very obvious now that we could've afforded Dock if we felt like it and seeing as how we only offered 3 years 12 mil. I find it hard to believe had they offered the same 10 mil guaranteed they gave to Jansen and Thomas that he wouldn't have taken it without testing the market. Which means, once again, we decided to keep our cap money for new guys as opposed to keeping OUR guys. That or we just felt dock was easily replaceable and didn't think he was worth anymore than what we offered. Who knows.....I think it is clear, though, that we could've offered Dock a lot more and didn't, the reason is what I'm unclear on and I HOPE it doesn't end up having the consequences that the release of AP and Smoot did after the 04 season.

Wait... who's Randy Thomas? :)

And thank goodness Hall is gone, I actually have full faith in Sushiam for next season, although we will probably sign someone anyways for competition. Can't have a Redskins offseason without some kicker kontroversy.

am i the only one that doesn't want Wynn released? i don't care how old he is, he has been sturdy his whole stay here in Washington and brings proven veteran leadership, i think we will need him again this year depth wise

oh yeah and more cap room means theres enough money for a one year deal with joe horn :D

To hell with leadership, we need tackles and sacks, something he doesn't do.

I'm glad to see Hall cut finally. It's a year too late if you ask me though. I'm still not convinced we have any stability yet. I mean Suisham was cut by Dallas for a reason. He does appear to have a decent leg and the ability to boot a long one, just not sure about the accuracy though.

am i the only one that doesn't want Wynn released? i don't care how old he is, he has been sturdy his whole stay here in Washington and brings proven veteran leadership, i think we will need him again this year depth wise

oh yeah and more cap room means theres enough money for a one year deal with joe horn :D

Yes you are Mrs Wynn. Veteran leadership means absoultely nothing if the player can't play. (See Mark Brunell)

but he can still play, pretty well at that... he's a huge run stuffer in the middle, he's been relatively healthy, and he's been the strength of our DLine over the last 5 years

i still say depth wise we might really need him this year

It appears that we could be making moves to complete the Blye trade; however, on the same note none of these cuts are surprising. The restructures of some key players is what lends reason to believe that something is about to go down. I hope it's our 6th for Blye and their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I want to keep Springs as well as get Blye.

Archived