Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tandler Blog: Do It Now

rtandler

Or (and the view here is that this is what the Redskins have in mind) they could take the second and trade back up. The 21st and the 56th would get you up to about #13. There Adam Carriker of Nebraska likely will still be available.
You can wait and hope that somebody gets crazy on draft day. But based on his recent workouts and his body of work at Notre Dame that shows a scatter shot arm, nobody’s going to go crazy to get Brady Quinn. This just in--Mike Ditka now works for ESPN, he’s not in charge of anyone’s draft and he’s not out there to give up an entire draft plus next year’s first.

You can read the entire blog at:

http://blog.redskinsgames.com

That is the exact opposite of the kind of deal we normally make... Shouldn't we throw in Sean Taylor? You know...to make it more Redskins-y?

As usual, someone has to come onto every thread and ruin it by trying to turn it into a "Redskins Front Office sucks" thread. :doh:

As usual, someone has to come onto every thread and ruin it by trying to turn it into a "Redskins Front Office sucks" thread. :doh:
In my defense, I usually stick up for the front office. I think that usually when our trades seem ridiculous, they work out fine anyway (Portis, Campbell, etc). But you have to admit, this isn't the kind of deal we normally make... We're usually the agressor, not the agressy.

If this bird, or horse, really is in the Redskins’ hand right now they need to do it. Do it now, before the Broncos change their minds.

I'm sold, hook, line and sinker on doing this immediately if this is the offer on the table. For once, let's get one over on Denver's front office instead of being their whipping boys yet again. As Tandler says, do it now.

That is the exact opposite of the kind of deal we normally make... Shouldn't we throw in Sean Taylor? You know...to make it more Redskins-y?

Not really. It's an unusual deal for us, but let's not be stupid. We traded back in the first round twice to pick up extra picks when we drafted Ramsey.

I'm sold, hook, line and sinker on doing this immediately if this is the offer on the table. For once, let's get one over on Denver's front office instead of being their whipping boys yet again. As Tandler says, do it now.

Exactly, take this trade now, not necessarily because it's a steal (it sort of is), but more importantly because it's about equal value. Jumping from 21 to 6 requires a lot of picks and I guess we value Dre Bly as an extra 2nd. If this is true, you have got to take this, you were looking to trade back and get draft picks. They're giving you a lot, plus a starting corner...what's stopping them?

I have a feeling it hasn't been done because this isn't the actual offer on the table, but what the Redskins want. This was probably closer to the deal Denver was offering when they were including Al Wilson. The Redskins want Denver to include Bly, which they seem to be reluctant, and Denver wants to somehow get Betts.

If the 1st-2nd-3rd and Bly were on the table now, the Skins would take it in a minute. That's why I don't think it is on the table yet.

Jason

We should take the deal.

We can sit on the picks then, or package them up to move up in the first round again if a player we like drops to a certain slot where we could get it for value.

I like the options this gives us on draft day.

If I read the trade proposal right - what are we waiting on? Sounds like a great trade. Getting Bly and possibly Carriker with Denver's first round pick - possibly picking up a DT, CB or LB with the second and third round picks.

Or a Guard.

I would think that the reason why the deal isn't done yet is because Denver needs to sign a CB first. Once that happens, then any trade for Bly is more feasible. I'm sure the Redskins want to make this trade now, but the Broncos need to be sure that they have a suitable replacement for Bly. Without Bly, they are still a CB short, and their plan is not to draft a CB at 6.

If this is truly what is on the table right now, I can't see how you don't take it. The ONLY hesitation should be that the 2nd and 3rd round picks are LOW 2nd & 3rd round picks. But, that is not enough to turn down the deal. Gotta take it.

The only thing that concerns me is that we value Bly as a 2nd rounder and Denver used a 4th rounder to get him. Let them throw in a 5th or 6th rounder to complete the deal. Fair value in my book. And it is justified.

Denver also traded players along with their 4th rounder to get him. Tatum Bell, whom they drafted in the Second round with the pick we gave them in the Portis/Bailey Trade, was also in the deal.

Don't think they traded JUST a 4th rounder for Bly. That is not the whole truth.

Denver also traded players along with their 4th rounder to get him. Tatum Bell, whom they drafted in the Second round with the pick we gave them in the Portis/Bailey Trade, was also in the deal.

Don't think they traded JUST a 4th rounder for Bly. That is not the whole truth.

You beat me to it.

True! Thanks for clearing up the rest of the trade I completely forgot about the other two guys. Its a good deal only if we can get Okoye. Thats why we should wait until draft day to see if we can get a higher pick other than the 21st.

It's a great deal period. Forget about who is in the draft. We will get a very good player at 21 and can fill our guard needs and depth concerns with the 2nd & 3rd Rounder. We need to put Branch/Anderson/Adams/Okoye out of our minds if we make the deal. Let them get overpaid and underproduce for somebody else.

Archived