Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cold Pizza - Skins '07 Preview

frommd

Nothing really earth-shattering.

Some things they said:

- Gaines Adams would be the pick at 6.

- Portis coming back should really help the offense a lot.

- Expectations for Campbell. Said Saunders just wants steady progression, but that Campbell is shooting for the Pro-Bowl this year. Said he's been working out with the receivers.

-Thought in fourth round (which I thought we traded away for Lloyd?), we would draft a backup receiver or middle linebacker.

After the 1st round, we don't have a pick until the 5th round. At least that is what I thought I read. I'll double check.

That's what I thought also, but they said fourth round we might look at some wideout from Notre Dame.

Sorry mods

I just was checking out Cold Pizza's Redskins Season Preview. And they have Todd Mcshay chime in with who he thinks the team will pick in the Draft...

He said with our 6th pick we'll go Gaines Adams or Alan Branch, and he made a point that we have to make this pick count because we don't have any more picks until day 2...

Then he says "The Redskins love big players from big schools, so with their key 4th round pick look for the Redskins to select Rhema McKnight a wide receiver from Notre Dame to sure up their troubled receiving core."

first question, what does he mean troubled receiving core? I don't think we're too bad off in that respect.

And second question, How come Todd doesn't know that we don't have a 4th round pick? This guy is supposed to be a draft guru?

Sorry I just was checking out Cold Pizza's Redskins Season Preview. And they have Todd Mcshay chime in with who he thinks the team will pick in the Draft...

He said with our 6th pick we'll go Gaines Adams or Alan Branch, and he made a point that we have to make this pick count because we don't have any more picks until day 2...

Then he says "The Redskins love big players from big schools, so with their key 4th round pick look for the Redskins to select Rhema McKnight a wide receiver from Notre Dame to sure up their troubled receiving core."

first question, what does he mean troubled receiving core? I don't think we're too bad off in that respect.

And second question, How come Todd doesn't know that we don't have a 4th round pick? This guy is supposed to be a draft guru?

I am beginning to believe McShay just siphens off of Kiper and really doesnt know ****. Add to that he's an arrogant prick - have you seen his chats? He's a complete ass!

i really hope campbell can make probowl and be a franchise QB

its sad joe theisman was the best QB redskins had to offer

Sammy Baugh, Billy Kilmer, Sonney Jurgenson? [sarcasm] or how about those truly great ones, Danny Wuerfell(sp?), Heath Schuler?[/sarcasm]

The Redskins have had some great QBs outside of Theisman (Baugh and Jurgenson were much better) and I also hope that JC can make a Pro-Bowl this year. However, if he doesn't make it...it wouldn't be the end of the world for me. I mean, Tom Brady didn't make it this year.

its sad joe theisman was the best QB redskins had to offer

Maybe in the last 20 years but you will get a few guys who saw Sonny play spluttering into their coffee and I'm guessing Sammy Baugh might enter the argument as well ;)

Actually though you know for 2 or 3 years Joey T was a top tier QB - he was NFL MVP in 1983 and I don't think we have had anyone close to that award since. One of my favourite Redskins while he was on the field - off the field not really my kind of guy and as colour commentator he just plain gets on my nerves.

McShay mentioned that we'd use our first day two pick on WR Rhema McKnight out of Notre Dame because our lack of depth at wideout. Not sure if I see us actually doing that.

I think we will go with what we got and keep Espy for depth at WR, late round picks will probably a project OL, DL depth, and maybe a blocking TE.

yeah Mcshay seems to think we have a 4th round pick...it's hard to respect a draft guru when he doesn't have a clue when a team picks.

Mcshay and every other draft guru has us locked on to Adams at #6. I think he'll get scooped up by the Cardinals at #5. I predict we take Anderson at #6 or #7 if the Vikings trade up one spot to take Brady Quinn, or we trade down to Miami at #9 so they can take Quinn and we get whoever is left between Branch and Okoye.

Archived