Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dre Bly for Springs and Denvers number 3 then trade down with Houston, our 6 for the

XtremeFan55

alright...you can stop piling on..

the point was ..both CBs want out of their teams and both want to go where the other is...

my thought was Springs is the better CB when healthy..so trade him for Bly and get back our number 3 that we traded for Ducket or Denvers number 3 which is lower..

Houston needs a QB and want Brady Quinn...Quinn might still be on the board when we draft at 6...trade down with Houston and pick up another pick hopefully a 2nd or another 3rd...

we can still get one of the top DE/DT and pick up some more players to fill holes...

both make perfect sense to me....but I guess I'm the moron...

we'll see

:nono: It's not gonna happen. Especially, considering we would be the one giving up a COUPLE of next years draft picks, only to have deal out another big contract for Bly.

Bly's cap hit would be lower than Springs since Springs won't renegotiate until we cut Bly.

Its will work if Denver agrees to pay partial or all of Springs salary.Which they won't cause that how the 1st deal fell though.I feel we should trade down and get a lower 1st and a high second and go after CB Leon Hall from Michigan and DE Lamarr Woodley.

alright...you can stop piling on..

the point was ..both CBs want out of their teams and both want to go where the other is...

my thought was Springs is the better CB when healthy..so trade him for Bly and get back our number 3 that we traded for Ducket or Denvers number 3 which is lower..

Houston needs a QB and want Brady Quinn...Quinn might still be on the board when we draft at 6...trade down with Houston and pick up another pick hopefully a 2nd or another 3rd...

we can still get one of the top DE/DT and pick up some more players to fill holes...

both make perfect sense to me....but I guess I'm the moron...

we'll see

It really hurts to see that in writing. Puts in prespective how bad of a season we actually had. That being said, trading down is our best option. It would allow us to secure maybe two starters, or probably at least one. I think we would need to use both on the D line, but I can see us using the second on finding a replacement for Dock that will last here a long time. We know that the running game defines the Redskins. Pretty much, I believe our first two draft picks will def. be used on the d-line, with the second perhaps to be used on the O-line. That's what counts. Football is won and lost in the trenches, so let's do it there first.

On the Brian mitchell show this was brought up and the consensus is that Springs is better than Bly.

As far as the injury nonsense if he wasn't rushed back by the staff he wouldn't have missed as many game and when you are hearing on tv that the defense will get better when Springs returns from the coaches what is he supposed to think??

And who came to him demanding that he take a pay cut?? Coach Gibbs or club president Gibbs??

This is what GMs are supposed to do so coaches remain the god cop

On the Brian mitchell show this was brought up and the consensus is that Springs is better than Bly.

As far as the injury nonsense if he wasn't rushed back by the staff he wouldn't have missed as many game and when you are hearing on tv that the defense will get better when Springs returns from the coaches what is he supposed to think??

And who came to him demanding that he take a pay cut?? Coach Gibbs or club president Gibbs??

This is what GMs are supposed to do so coaches remain the god cop

i think it was "Legendary Never Makes Mistakes Gibbs". :D

springs is old, and just broke his shoulder, plus had a hammy issue for a few weeks, and thats not including his abominal surgery. bly is also younger, and he claims he really wants to be here. we know springs doesnt care one way or another, and im sure he already knows we tried to deal him. he'll get dealt one way or another, thats for sure.

Archived