Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Disillusioned Front Office: Surprised??

HateYanksDukeCowboys

London Fletcher: he's small and old. last i checked, not a good combination for ANY football player......much less, a middle linebacker.

after ALL these years, vinny and danny STILL haven't learned. this is Mark Carrier, Deion, Bruce Smith written all over again.

i guess it makes too much sense to pay the huge and young (Dockery), when you can pay the small and old.

i realize its apples to oranges before anyone says anything, and the fact that Dockery was asking too much this off-season. HOWEVER, a SMART front office would have recognized Dockery's upside before it ever got to this, and signed him to a more economical extension a year ago.

Out: Young and Big.

In: Small and Old.

This also reminds me of Chris Webber for Mitch Richmond.

glad we're keeping "the core" together.

Hmm lets see...

Pay a decent price for a linebacker who has been one of the best in the NFL... who is somehow "small" despite that fact that he is only 3 inches shorter than Marshall and at least 15 pounds heavier.

Overpay an average at best 27 year old guard who just got top 3 in the NFL money.

Yeah I can't decide which one I would rather have.

We are going to pay less for Davis if we get him...he is 6'6 375 pounds isn't he? He is also 27 years old...does that count as young and big?

I don't think any of this can be said. If he plays for half a season and never again, then these things can be said. If he gets burnt like toast, misses tackles so forth and so on, then these things can be said. Give him a chance. So far, he has been an excellent MLB.

When Deion signed with us, he had injury concerns(his toe IIRC) and was clearly on the downside of his career. Besides, he wasn't as horrible as people make it out to be. He only gave up 1 TD that year. Bruce Smith was also slowing down but at least he gave us double digit sack #s.

London Fletcher just posted a career high in tackles. Fletcher is not the most talented guy in the world but he gets it done by being a very smart football player and an extremely hard worker. Not to mention he can be a true leader of the defense, something we definitely were missing last year(just because Marcus Washington dances after tackling someone on an 8-yard gain does NOT make him a leader).

Why does everyone say Fletcher is small? Marshall is listed at 6'2" 227lbs. THAT is small. Fletcher is 4 inches shorter and 20lbs heavier. That means this dude is THICK. He is huge compared to Marshall.

In before close: better yet!, let me be the first to tell you to STHU!

i think you need to stop telling people to STHU. this is a message board to share one's thoughts and opinions is it not? if so, "STHU" is not only wrong, but a terrible argument at that.

to all the people disagreeing with me, let me ask you how many productive years you expect out of a 32 year-old linebacker? are you maive enough to think that London Fletcher has found the fountain of youth and will continue playing at this level until he's 37?

better yet, how many prductive years will 26 year-old Derrick Dockery provide? my humble opinion suggests many more than Fletcher.

i think you need to stop telling people to STHU. this is a message board to share one's thoughts and opinions is it not? if so, "STHU" is not only wrong, but a terrible argument at that.

to all the people disagreeing with me, let me ask you how many productive years you expect out of a 32 year-old linebacker? are you maive enough to think that London Fletcher has found the fountain of youth and will continue playing at this level until he's 37?

better yet, how many prductive years will 26 year-old Derrick Dockery provide? my humble opinion suggests many more than Fletcher.

I think Fletcher can give us 3 solid years with the same production. By the 4th and 5th year if hes still here I hope the Skins at that point have made strides to draft a MLB and help him get groomed and ready to take over when Fletcher leaves.

so let me get this straight. we should have resigned a slow guard who: cant pull, was the weakest link on our offensive line, got overpaid by a team desperatly trying to get an Oline together.

but we should not have signed a MLB who: has never missed a game in his 9 year NFL career, is a proven tackling machine, fills a position of need where we sucked, will be a field general, already knows williams system.

yeahhhh, good call threadstarter.

Archived