Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm sorry we need to make an impact move on the DL!!!

NVskinsfan

We need a solid pass rushing DE and or a stout DT to infuse with the group we currently have.

If this means cuting Wynn or Daniels...so Be it, becuase using #6 or trading down to #7-10. We generate no pass rush as it is, we ned a bonafide sack threat on 1 or both side of the DL.

If not the same debacle that happened in 2006, will happen in 2007!!!

Sorry I do not agree. I think we hvae a formidable group right now with Carter emerging at the end of last year. I also think we will sign some blue collar players for depth and let the pass rusher come from the draft. There is no one in FA right now that would make an impact.

we will help the d-line the way most teams help their d-lines, in the draft.

Have any free agent d-lineman been thrown around besides Kerney and maybe Jared Allen in trade talks? Not really, instead most were just re-signed or franchised.

Sorry I do not agree. I think we hvae a formidable group right now with Carter emerging at the end of last year. I also think we will sign some blue collar players for depth and let the pass rusher come from the draft. There is no one in FA right now that would make an impact.
Kinda tired of hearing blue collar. What we need is real talent. The first 30 names in the draft can no longer be ignored. Like never before these young men are taking over in the NFL. Last year was not a fluke. Times have changed athletes. Our FO needs to see that. We must have 2 DL fresh out of college and big names at that. If it cost us Portis so be it.:2cents:

Very true. All the FA's that could have made a impact are off the market. And I do not want Kerny.

We need a solid pass rushing DE and or a stout DT to infuse with the group we currently have.

If this means cuting Wynn or Daniels...so Be it, becuase using #6 or trading down to #7-10. We generate no pass rush as it is, we ned a bonafide sack threat on 1 or both side of the DL.

If not the same debacle that happened in 2006, will happen in 2007!!!

So which of the 0 impact D lineman available do you want us to bring in?

The market is what it is, and:

1) We have very little money

and

2) Nobodys available.

The great thing about this draft is I dont think we can go wrong. We stay put and either draft Branch, Okoye, Anderson, Adams.

Or we trade down and get an extra player. No matter what we do I'll be happy

Word.

Look, trade down to 7-10, grab and early 2nd, also another benefit, you dont have to shell out big bucks for a top 6 pick.

Draft Jamaal Anderson with the first pick, then use the second on NC DT Tank Tyler

He is a big 2 gap DT, and you have an formidable DE on the other end who can rush the passer and stop the run.

that has championship caliber defense written all over it if Springs stays healthy, but even if he doesn't, a awesome pass rush makes bad players look good. wa

Look, trade down to 7-10, grab and early 2nd, also another benefit, you dont have to shell out big bucks for a top 6 pick.

Draft Jamaal Anderson with the first pick, then use the second on NC DT Tank Tyler

He is a big 2 gap DT, and you have an formidable DE on the other end who can rush the passer and stop the run.

that has championship caliber defense written all over it if Springs stays healthy, but even if he doesn't, a awesome pass rush makes bad players look good. wa

Anderson may not be there at 6, so counting on him at 10 is a HUGE stretch.

That said - I wouldn't be opposed to trading down 3-5 spots to pick up an early second.

Agree with everything but Tyler--he has some character issues.

We are getting stronger on D every day. Fletcher in the middle and Marshall on the outside we help a lot. Plus Smoot gives us depth at CB. We will not trade down. We will draft the best DL with our #6 pick. I think this will be Branch, but we will see. That leaves us a DE short. We may have to wait until 2008 to draft two young DEs or find one in FA. We will also need a CB in the 2008 draft to replace Springs.

Archived