Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We're still a bad team

tonyriggins

Anyway, for those who are critical, please indicate what alternative solution you have for shoring up all three of our LB spots as well as we just did by merely signing Fletcher. I'm loooking forward to your brilliant alternatives.

Use the draft WISELY, instead of always going for the quick fix would be my first suggestion.

Would it have been better to cut Brunell, take the cap hit, and then be left with Todd Collins as the #2? Collins is also 35 but hasn't thrown the football regularly since before the Monica Lewinsky scandal broke in the 1990's :laugh:

Uh YES!

i wouldn't classify us as a "bad team", we sure made some crappy decisions last year, but a three game swing here and there would have gotten us into the playoffs.

changes have already been made for the good...

1. jason campbell in as quarterback.....he's gonna rock...

2. running back tandem of portis and betts.....unstoppable....

3. probably the best wide reciever core in the nfl......

4. a few changes on defense....and then......

BAM...PLAYOFF BOUND.....

i truly believe this folks!!!!

i wouldn't classify us as a "bad team", we sure made some crappy decisions last year, but a three game swing here and there would have gotten us into the playoffs.

changes have already been made for the good...

1. jason campbell in as quarterback.....he's gonna rock...

2. running back tandem of portis and betts.....unstoppable....

3. probably the best wide reciever core in the nfl......

4. a few changes on defense....and then......

BAM...PLAYOFF BOUND.....

i truly believe this folks!!!!

What "cold facts" do you have to back up your claim that it is a "cold fact that our owner is the reason we are consistently terrible."

Was it him aggressively seeking out the best coach this team has ever seen to re-coach the team?

Was it his willingness to open up his checkbook so that our coaching staff could get all the guys that they thought best for us to win?

Was it allowing Gibbs to bring in the asisstant coaches he wants?

Exactly! I am SO sick and tired of you so called "fans" bashing Snyder for doing exactly what his coaches want him to do. He hasn't meddled with Coach Gibbs at all, he does everything he can to help provide a winning team, and yet he takes almost as much bashing a Brunell. Personally, I find it disgusting. :puke:

Uh YES!

:doh: Please stop talking!!!

This Tony Riggins is a troll . He says the same thing everytime. I think he may be Czaben.

lol ok you caught me, you nailed me man lol :laugh: No I am just a bitter Redskin fan.

About the passing game being better, yes it is better with Jason Campbell in. But come on guys anybody would have been an upgrade over Brunell. It was an upgrade when Ramsey came for Mark and it would have been if Todd Collins came in for him.

Now about not hurting the team Brunell being the backup. Last time I check Joe Gibbs II is still making the decesions at the QB position! it's just not good having Gibbs II and Brunell on the same team!

We have A LOT of talent on this team, we just need to put it together.

We have a lot of talent on the offensive side;) I'm not wringing my hands yet but the thread starter is right - there are serious concerns. Fletch and Smoot is a decent start I think but unless we acquire two DL we're in for another long season I think.

Its that time of the year where everyone is getting hyped up. But lets not lose sight that we are in the bottom 1/3 of the NFL, no GM, Gibbs II a disappointment, our passing game has struggled for years, and Mark Brunell still on the team, salary cap and most of all Daniel Synder is still the owner with no relief in sight!

Way to be negative. Let people get hyped. Why should we be depressed? It's a new year. Get over the past and move on.

Anything specific to this year, or are you going to simply be content to disguise your whining as suggestions?

Man...I'm whining????

A defensive end would be nice. How's that?

I'd rather draft young guys that show some spunk. I'll wait for them to develop. I've been waiting for the other way to work. I'm still waiting.

Just a suggestion. No disrepect meant...geeeesh.

We have a lot of talent on the offensive side;) I'm not wringing my hands yet but the thread starter is right - there are serious concerns. Fletch and Smoot is a decent start I think but unless we acquire two DL we're in for another long season I think.

Well, if you believe that we're 2 DL away from a good season, then we can't have serious concerns.

Most of the thread-starter's points have nothing to do with what will happen on the field in 2007.

I think our talent on the defensive side of the ball is better than people give it credit for.

Its that time of the year where everyone is getting hyped up. But lets not lose sight that we are in the bottom 1/3 of the NFL, no GM, Gibbs II a disappointment, our passing game has struggled for years, and Mark Brunell still on the team, salary cap and most of all Daniel Synder is still the owner with no relief in sight!

I'll see you in the stands opening day, right?

:shutup:

March is not the time.

Best WR corps in the NFL? I remember when I told everyone that before last season. It's very wrong. Our WR corps is the best in the NFC East, when all of them play up to their abilities. That rarely happens unfortunately. Still, it's a bright spot because of Santana's insane abilities and Randle-El's versatility. Lloyd either needs to learn how to act like a Redskin, or ship himself back to San Francisco where he can go complain to his secular-progressives.

That being said, I think that's our weakest link. If that's our weakest link, our proverbial chain should be pretty strong.

By the way, be READY for the FIGHT this year. If the Redskins make a deep playoff run, people will start saying we have to change our team name again because it is offensive.

We will need to get fired up and show that it will be a warzone all over the Delmarva area if they try to take our name. The Redskins is no more offensive than the "reservations" that the government gives Native Americans.

Hail to the Redskins for life! And if anyone tries to change our name, ME SCALP THEM FOR MANY MOONS.

Oh ye of little faith, this time around lets just wait and see how we do. Remember the bottom line to all of our future success lies with the qb, and man do we have a young gun that can bring us excitement as well as victories. If we shore up our defense we can bang it out with any team next year, of course dont forget about the vertical game the run game and perhaps even (dare I say) the 700 pg playbook we should be getting accustomed to. This year I will be silent until 1st week regular season kickoff. No predictions just high expectations as always. HTTR

Actually we arent in the bottom 3rd of the NFL, we are 0-0 tied with 31 other NFL teams.

Kind of like last season, when contrary to belief, we werent in the top 3rd of the NFL, but 0-0 tied with 31 other teams.

One year 10-6, the next 5-11, who knows what this one will bring?

Please cheer for another team and post on their webpages. We are a great team, next season we will be in the second year of our offense, have a solid linebacking core, no warrick holdman, PORTIS will be back, we will have 3 corners so that if one gets hurt we are not screwed, we will have preliou back, JC is more experience, and we have the number 6 pick in the draft.

Winning cures everything...

Well, if you believe that we're 2 DL away from a good season, then we can't have serious concerns.

Most of the thread-starter's points have nothing to do with what will happen on the field in 2007.

I think our talent on the defensive side of the ball is better than people give it credit for.

Did you think we were going to go 5-11 this past season? I sure didn't. There are still legit questions to be asked and concerns I think.

I don't think we're a bad team...last year I believe we were a good team that had a bad year...starting with PP going out on the first play in preseason. However, there are still huge concerns, first being the Front Office. No one disagrees with that. But you are right about the hype. This is exactly what happened last year...our fans going ape **** about signings, etc, and we were treated to a crappy 5-11 record. The coaching and FO better get its **** together this year...thats all I have to say.

As I stated in another thread.....

:violin: Stop whining.

Archived