Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Plummer trade nullified- Plummer to retire (Merged)

Lavarleap56

Deion's retirement settlement forced him to stay out of football a year. Seau just kinda' said "Eh... I think I want to keep playing" and had no such deal beforehand.

That answers the posters question then :silly:

They either have to be let out of their contract with the team they were previously signed with (saying they are still under contract), or they just decide to come back and sign with a team.

The sum total of Jake Plummer's 10 year NFL career boils down to two playoff wins. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: What a joke.

That's a pretty limited persepctive to meaure a guy's career. He was a second round pick and was never considered one of the elite QBs. I'd say the sum total of Jake Plummer's career boils down to 10 years as a starting NFL qb.

The world can't be filled with John Elway's and Tom brady's. There isn't an ounce of shame in what Jake Plummer has accomplished. His career should be viewed as successful.

Plummer will probably retire to the mountains, buy a big ol cabin, grow out his beard and spend the remaining days of his life just living off the land, and his millions. He doesn't have to do anything the rest of his life to earn money.

POSTED 2:10 p.m. EST, March 2, 2007

PLUMMER RETIREMENT A PLOY?

There's talk/speculation/ in league circles that Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer is using the retirement card as a ploy to get traded to Houston.

Though there was a report a week ago out of Denver that Plummer could pack it in, there was no hard evidence that he might quit until after news broke that Plummer would be traded to the Bucs for a fourth-round pick.

If Plummer retires, he'd potentially owe the team the portion of any signing bonus that applies to the three remaining years of his contract. And the Broncos have a history of playing hardball in matters of this nature -- just ask Dale Carter, Daryl Gardener, Eddie Kennison, and Ashley Lelie.

Hah damn, poor Gruden, never gonna find that QB he needs (not that Plummer was gonna be the answer)

Jeff Garcia is still out there, right? He is old, but he would be a great fit for the type of offense Gruden likes to run. Plus, he had a lot of success with an older vet once before with Rich Gannon. I, however, feel that we've seen the best from Garcia. I don't think he will ever again play at the level he did down the stretch last year. And I think a lot of other teams feel that way, as well. That, or they simply don't want to pay him a lot of money because he doesn't have many years left. :whoknows:

Seriously, wtf?

So Tampa completes the trade anyways, even when Plummer said he would retire. So they've given up a pick for nothing....I mean we haven't seen any sign of Plummer willing to reconsider.

But if he does retire, won't that cancel the trade? And Denver knows this, so why put effort into a trade when they can just waive him. I'm guessing Denver is doing this so the bad guy image lands on Plummer and not them.

Tampa Bay now has a ton of qb's on their roster: Garcia, Simms, Plummer, McCown, Gradkowski.

I am wondering if Plummer ever suits up for the Bucs, or are the Bucs going to turn around and trade him to a team like Houston where his former coach Kubiak awaits.

Gonna be interesting indeed.

Archived