Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Plummer trade nullified- Plummer to retire (Merged)

Lavarleap56

What, what, what?

Can he do that simply to kill a trade? How does that affect the cap?

Weird-o-rama!

It would be hard to tell him that he isn't allowed to retire.

I wonder what the case would be if he went to Tampa, the pick went to Denver, Denver drafted a player in the fourth round and just after the post-drat minicamp Plummer then decided to retire.

really, wow, that's kind of a shocker. Must really not have wanted to go to tampa.[/quote

I think Jake wants to be re-united with Kubiak in Houston where he can be a starter under the circumstances that Carr will be traded.

It would be hard to tell him that he isn't allowed to retire.

Sure, I get that, but what are the league rules on this? Is he still under contract to Denver for the remainder of years on the deal?

If the Broncos come back to him now and say "Ok, we'll trade you to the Texans instead" can he unretire?

That seems horribly unfair to Tampa.

The NFL Network Reported Jake Plummer retired after the trade to Tampa this morning which cancels the trade.

Denver screwed up a trade. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good for Jake, they treated him like crap last year and got back at them.

Denver still has the same cap hit they would have taken for the trade, but no draft picks to show for it.

Sure, I get that, but what are the league rules on this? Is he still under contract to Denver for the remainder of years on the deal?

If the Broncos come back to him now and say "Ok, we'll trade you to the Texans instead" can he unretire?

Agreed, though I've always thought the idea of trades was horribly unfair to players to begin with.

unfair-yes,

unheard of- no.

seems kind of like the whole eli manning thing. :2cents:

The sum total of Jake Plummer's 10 year NFL career boils down to two playoff wins. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: What a joke.

True but he did make it to the playoffs and performed well for teams when they needed him. The Cards sucked and continued to after he left, the Broncos did well with him. For as many stupid mistakes he made, he made good ones as well.

:2cents:

Archived