Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CB Fisher to visit skins

Threads like this need to be sourced. The title needs to show it, and the thread should have a link to it. Cooperation and adherence to the rules in a busy time like this would be greatly appreciated.

Not if the CB is so good the QB doesn't throw at him. I know wha tyou are saying though. There aren't too many Darrell Greens out there nowadays.

Yes I agree with the, so good that the QB doesnt throw at him, however look up Champ Baily's stats. He seems to get a ton a year and I wouldn't imagine he would be someone they throw at alot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1758

In Clayton's article "Potential Free Agent Bargains and Risks", he had Fisher in the risks section:

"Here are a few players who might be slightly dangerous at big money.

1. Cornerback Travis Fisher, St. Louis Rams -- Free agency has only about a half dozen starting cornerbacks, so teams in need of the position will be scrambling if they don't get Nate Clements, perhaps the top defensive player in free agency. Fisher has 53 starts to his credit, but the price has to be right. He's had only 17 starts in the past two years and hasn't had an interception since 2004. "

In Clayton's article "Potential Free Agent Bargains and Risks", he had Fisher in the risks section:

"Here are a few players who might be slightly dangerous at big money.

1. Cornerback Travis Fisher, St. Louis Rams -- Free agency has only about a half dozen starting cornerbacks, so teams in need of the position will be scrambling if they don't get Nate Clements, perhaps the top defensive player in free agency. Fisher has 53 starts to his credit, but the price has to be right. He's had only 17 starts in the past two years and hasn't had an interception since 2004. "

If we give this guy anything over minimum wage, I swear, I'll scream.

He isn't worth anything other than a little contract for a backup. If that's what we're bringing him in for, then fine. However, if we pay him very much at all, I'll lose it.

He's not any good at all.

Because of the shape of our salary cap, we can kiss Clements goodbye.

If we give this guy anything over minimum wage, I swear, I'll scream.

He isn't worth anything other than a little contract for a backup. If that's what we're bringing him in for, then fine. However, if we pay him very much at all, I'll lose it.

He's not any good at all.

Because of the shape of our salary cap, we can kiss Clements goodbye.

How many times do we have to drive the point home...THE SALARY CAP IS A MYTH, much like the Yetti, or free trade, or a "virtual border fence"...if we don't sign Clements it is because we didn't want to.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnwHRfa0DZMB2UvrW6LihUj.uLYF?slug=thenflfreeagentclassisab&prov=tsn&type=lgns

The Patriots' decision to put the franchise tag on Asante Samuel tempers enthusiasm for what's left at this position, but it's still a relatively strong pool. With his combination of playmaking and durability, Clements is the ultimate prize of the '07 class, and that means his services will come with a steep price. Harper is yet another Colt who boosted himself during the team's Super Bowl run. James (age 33), Hood (a career backup before filling in as a starter in '06) and Fisher (coming off an arm injury) all have issues, but all three are capable of contributing as No. 2 corners.

I'll wait until everything becomes official; however, this just goes to show that you can never please Redskins fans.

Had we signed Clements, we'd be saying we overpaid....if we go after guys like Freddy and Travis Fisher, people complain because they apparently suck and aren't the big ticket guy.

To me, if the rumours about Smoot and Fisher come to fruition, then it's a sign that the organization is FINALLY ready to commit itself to building it's team the right way. The right way being by developing your strengths along the two lines. I hope we sign a strong veteran defensive lineman, as well as draft another at #6.

I personally feel that a bolstered defensive line coupled with hungry guys in Rogers, potentially Smoot and maybe Fisher doesn't sound so bad.

I think what a lot of people are overlooking is the fact that many NFLers have pride. we know Smootie has pride and we know Rogers has pride. Those guys would come into camp hungry to rebound and I'm sure that their attitudes would hopefully inspire the likes of a guy like Fisher if he ends up here.

Something to think about.

I am fine with Clements not being here. Look we did not pay Bailey and he is much better than Clements and there is a chance Clements gets more money than Bailey, that is insane. Champ is the best corner in the league period, Clements is hot right now because of the demand of the position.

nate clements on the field making plays > cap space

True, but it depends what he wants. If he wants Champ Bailey money, pass. Make no mistake, he's very good, but I think he, like Dockery, might be pricing himself out. A shame, but we'll survive.

To me, if the rumours about Smoot and Fisher come to fruition, then it's a sign that the organization is FINALLY ready to commit itself to building it's team the right way. The right way being by developing your strengths along the two lines. I hope we sign a strong veteran defensive lineman, as well as draft another at #6.

Huh?

What corners we go after doesn't say anything about the development of the DL. Anyways, that process started last year with the signing of Carter and drafting Montgomery and Golston.

Jason

I'll wait until everything becomes official; however, this just goes to show that you can never please Redskins fans.

Had we signed Clements, we'd be saying we overpaid....if we go after guys like Freddy and Travis Fisher, people complain because they apparently suck and aren't the big ticket guy.

I personally feel that a bolstered defensive line coupled with hungry guys in Rogers, potentially Smoot and maybe Fisher doesn't sound so bad.

I think what a lot of people are overlooking is the fact that many NFLers have pride. we know Smootie has pride and we know Rogers has pride. Those guys would come into camp hungry to rebound and I'm sure that their attitudes would hopefully inspire the likes of a guy like Fisher if he ends up here.

Something to think about.

very good call, i think im content with smoot and that fisher kid with rogers playing. with a good Dline i think these 3 will look good.

and youre right about skins fans. we sign clements and were idiots for overpaying, we sign these guys were idiots because they suck because theyre not nate clements. haha

Huh?

What corners we go after doesn't say anything about the development of the DL. Anyways, that process started last year with the signing of Carter and drafting Montgomery and Golston.

Jason

And apparently I said that the corners we go after does say something about the defensive line? I'm confused.

My point was simply this....signing the Nate Clements' of the world means that you are going to have to sacrifice somewhere else. In our team's past, it's always been the d-line that has been ignored and not fixed correctly. The Fred Smoots and Travis Fishers of the world allow you to pay a #6 overall pick and hopefully go out and sign another impact defensive lineman like I think we will.

And sorry, but if your philosophy of fixing a defensive line is by banking on day two draft picks, then I'd hate to have you in my front office. That's not even close to being what I consider to be addressing the defensive line.

Everyone seems to hate on Clements because of his huge contract. I know you can get 2 cornerbacks for the price of Clements, but in the end, if it's 3rd and 10 on our own 20 in the Super Bowl, who do you want covering a star wide receiver? Fisher? or Clements?

I'm not saying we should get Nate Clements, just spitballing here

Archived