Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CB Fisher to visit skins

POSTED 10:19 a.m. EST, March 2, 2007

FISHER TO VISIT 'SKINS, CARDS

A league source tells us that Rams cornerback Travis Fisher will meet with the Redskins on Saturday and Cardinals on Sunday.

Fisher was the 32nd pick in the second round of the 2002 draft, and has spent his entire career with the Rams.

He has been limited by injuries over the past couple of years, but the fact that he already has two visits lined up shows that there's always a demand for cornerbacks with starting experience.

heres our new cornerback

POSTED 10:19 a.m. EST, March 2, 2007

FISHER TO VISIT 'SKINS, CARDS

A league source tells us that Rams cornerback Travis Fisher will meet with the Redskins on Saturday and Cardinals on Sunday.

Fisher was the 32nd pick in the second round of the 2002 draft, and has spent his entire career with the Rams.

He has been limited by injuries over the past couple of years, but the fact that he already has two visits lined up shows that there's always a demand for cornerbacks with starting experience.

heres our new cornerback

Statistics dont really tell you that much about a cornerback, but here are Fisher's:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5950/career;_ylt=AqWsnwLZH.fnXMNDI.Q8c9j.uLYF

His first two years seem reasonable, but he's been hurt for the last three years and doesn't seem to have delivered on the field. I hope he's cheap.

this just further solidifies the fact that clements wont be here. that really blows.

No, it solidifies that we're not going to hamstring ourselves with Clements ENORMOUS contract. I'd love to have him here, but not for the amount of money he is going to command - probably around 20 mill guaranteed.

Statistics dont really tell you that much about a cornerback, but here are Fisher's:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5950/career;_ylt=AqWsnwLZH.fnXMNDI.Q8c9j.uLYF

His first two years seem reasonable, but he's been hurt for the last three years and doesn't seem to have delivered on the field. I hope he's cheap.

The one stat I like to look at is PD (Pass Deflections) you will find that most great corners will have at least 10-20 a year.

No, it solidifies that we're not going to hamstring ourselves with Clements ENORMOUS contract. I'd love to have him here, but not for the amount of money he is going to command - probably around 20 mill guaranteed.

:applause:

He's a great corner but not worth the price tag. No matter what he says he's still not Champ Bailey.

Thank god they are being smart about this. Clements is good, but he's not worth what he'll get. We probably can get two CB's for the cost of him, and right now we need bodies and depth over an overrated Free Agent market.

I agree 100%, just not Travis Fischer.

The one stat I like to look at is PD (Pass Deflections) you will find that most great corners will have at least 10-20 a year.

Agreed... he had about 10 PDs in each of his first two seasons before he was injured, but hasn't really done much since then. Hard to say how much of that is injury related, and how much time he actually had on the field.

we're hamstrung because of bad FO moves over previous seasons. we'll all be singing a different tune come Oct as one CB after is getting toasted....again.

this just further solidifies the fact that clements wont be here. that really blows.
Compared to Clements, this guy doesn't hold a candle. But I don't think that's the role this guy would fill.

We should be comparing this guy to Ade Jimoh, Kenny Wright, PP, etc since he'd be either a nickel or dime back, not our starting corner.

Not if the CB is so good the QB doesn't throw at him. I know wha tyou are saying though. There aren't too many Darrell Greens out there nowadays.

I found this from another messageboard about Travis Fisher. Why can't this team just sign Smoot and keep Springs. This guy sounds like a bum who we'll more than likely overpay in this market.

Post subject: CUT TRAVIS FISHER!!!!

Posted: 14 Dec 2006 12:36 pm

http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4205774

Forum User

I would cut Travis Fisher if I was Linehan. For those that didn't see/hear this, in the second half of the game on monday night, as his team was about to lose for the 7th time in 8 games, was on his cell phone laughing and chatting. A fan behind the bench made a comment to him and he turned around while still on his phone and grabbed his boyhood(he's not a man). This is exactly why this team is 5-8, losing 7 of 8. Linehan needs to cut this guy and show the rest of the team that if you don't care about winning, you gotta go!!!!!

Archived