Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bacon or Sausage

jwpanic

I gotta stick with bacon.

Well, sausages come in such variety. There are kielbasas, italian sausages, chinese sausages, salami, bratwursts, chorizos, andouille. Damn, I could go on and on . . .

So if I was forced to pick one, it'd have to be sausages. You can have them for any meal of the day and with tons of different dishes . . . gumbo, jambalaya, penne arrabbiata, spaghetti, with a bun, without a bun, with grilled onions, without grilled onions.

Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

:laugh:

When Chicago Bears wider-receiver Bernard Berrian isn’t torching defensive-backs—and my fantasy team—he occasionally shares dietary advice with school children. His number one recommendation? Bacon and maple syrup. I know what you’re thinking—what the? Yeah, I’m calling a foul on this one too.

Yesterday during ESPN’s Mayne Event he shared some dietary advice with bunch of school kids. Here’s how it went:

Bernard: Hello kids.

Classroom: Hello!

Bernard: Do any of you know what it takes to make it in the NFL?

Redhead freckle-faced ginger-kid: Four-three forty speed?

Kid-giggles.

Bernard: That always helps, but first you have to lay a foundation—make your body strong. Do any of you know how to do that?

Pretentious kid with overly dramatic delivery: Massive amounts of jumping-jacks?

Bernard: No, I’m talking about diet—the food you put in your body. Before ever game in college I used to eat bacon and syrup, and I brought some with me. Come on everybody let’s eat!

And the crowd goes wild.

What ensued was a melee of animal fat drizzled in hearty helpings of liquid sugar. Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t these the types of things school food reforms are trying to knock out? It gets worse, here’s my favorite—well not-so-favorite—quote from Bernard:

It’s the perfect combination, you should eat it everyday and you’ll be in the NFL too.

http://www.diseaseproof.com/archives/hurtful-food-why-nfl-players-shouldnt-be-nutritionists.html

• 1 year later...

I prefer bacon for breakfast and sausage on pizza.

My mom is Polish and has a breakfast tradition of sausage for breakfast. No eggs, no hashbrowns, just sausage and toast. That always bothered me while growing up. If you're gonna do just a meat for breakfast, I'd rather a couple pounds of bacon.

Archived