Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Usatoday Redskin report

tonyriggins

I read this in the breaking news forum, and what's funny is that there is a foxsports article w/ the same title. And if you click on it, you get foxsports, but you get the exact same article, word for word. Are the writers just lazy and repeating each other, or are the publications owned by the same company, or what?

I don't even know why they call it a report, when it's just a recirculation of old news. It would be nice to re-sign Dock, but if we don't I hope we go after Steinbach.

Samuels. He delayed his knee op until after the pro bowl. Another example of a guy here putting himself ahead of the team. Now, he will be rehabbing while missing work later in the offseason.

Count how many players named missed the pro bowl due to injury concerns or wanting to get a jump on next season?

Some things around here with this bunch never seem to change.

Are the writers just lazy and repeating each other, or are the publications owned by the same company, or what?.

Yes, it is bizarre. And did you notice this part:

Then, list the top three positions the team will be addressing in the off-season.

Where applicable, especially teams with high first-round picks, you can mention possible targets in the draft. Please do it in this exact format, including one or two sentences for each position.

It's like someone pasted his boss's guidelines in there but forgot to remove them.

Samuels. He delayed his knee op until after the pro bowl. Another example of a guy here putting himself ahead of the team. Now, he will be rehabbing while missing work later in the offseason.

Count how many players named missed the pro bowl due to injury concerns or wanting to get a jump on next season?

Samuels didn't even play, which makes it that much worse.

Then, list the top three positions the team will be addressing in the off-season.

Where applicable, especially teams with high first-round picks, you can mention possible targets in the draft. Please do it in this exact format, including one or two sentences for each position.

:laugh:

Must be nice to be an USA Today journalist. Wow. He forgot to take out the part that tells him what to do next. :doh:

*Edit* Goodness, I went to post this and there were only three replies, and now someone already mentioned it. You guys are fast. :laugh:

Yes, it is bizarre. And did you notice this part:

It's like someone pasted his boss's guidelines in there but forgot to remove them.

Yeah, but I didn't know what to make of it. Your explanation oddly enough makes the most sense. :laugh:

Foxsports put the same typo in as well though. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamRe...egyAndPersonnel

I wonder what the editor is smoking?

If the editor is Romo sits to pee, then it's pole. :laugh:

Did anyone see this quote in SI's latest HOF article:

"Then, list the top three most asinine reasons a Skins player should not be inducted into the HOF.

Where applicable, especially when talking about Art Monk, you can mention such things as "no signature catch", "easy 8-yard outs" and "his socks didn't match". Please do it in this exact format, including one or two sentences quoting "NFL personnel" and "respected football experts"."

Yeah, that bothered me from day one.

"Then, list the top three most asinine reasons a Skins player should not be inducted into the HOF.

Where applicable, especially when talking about Art Monk, you can mention such things as "no signature catch", "easy 8-yard outs" and "his socks didn't match". Please do it in this exact format, including one or two sentences quoting "NFL personnel" and "respected football experts"."

Haha. Nice one. Too bad it's probably true!

I read this in the breaking news forum, and what's funny is that there is a foxsports article w/ the same title. And if you click on it, you get foxsports, but you get the exact same article, word for word. Are the writers just lazy and repeating each other, or are the publications owned by the same company, or what?

I don't even know why they call it a report, when it's just a recirculation of old news. It would be nice to re-sign Dock, but if we don't I hope we go after Steinbach.

This is sold to many different websites, FoxSports, Sportsline, USAToday among others. If you noticed they were posted by Bubba and I, and sometimes we duplicate each other. It happens when your busy and don't notice that they were already posted.

Maybe his contract offered a Pro-Bowl incentive. Maybe he just wanted the paycheck, or possibly needed the paycheck. It's his life, and Chris Samuels is going to wake up and do what is best for him everyday. Just like I assume you do.

Yea, but he's entering his ninth year. If we're going to get a guy that old and pay him what he's looking for, then we should just keep Daniels. Plus, isn't Kerney coming off of an injury?

Daniels is very old and has been the poster boy for injury prone as a Redskin. And when healthy, Kerney is the better all round player.

Kerney and Daniels as a duo would be a decent rotation at LDE, with Kerney replacing Wynn on the roster. Then you replace Daniels with a young guy next year.

That's if they take Branch instead of an end in this draft.

That was a pretty good read......but now I suddenly realize (I dont know how I forgot) how thin this team really is. And having only one first day pick and little cap room, it looks like I'll be referring to my beloved team as many different four letter words each and every weekend....., yet again.:D

I think it was pretty interesting that it said Suisiham (or whatever) is the end of our frustrations at kicker...

Do you really think he will stick here?

I hope so- Their was a lot less profanity coming out of my mouth directed at him last year compared to when John Hall was on the field.

Samuels should have never been in the Pro Bowl this year. I can't count how many times he screwed up. If it wasn't holding it was false starts or hurries or sacks...the guy is good, don't get me wrong, but he's also flat out overrated.

It amazes me how fans can be so negative about things about the team they suport OK we finished 5-11 but the offensive line was one of the best in the NFL both in rush yards and sacks allowed . Samuels may not have been Pro Bowl worthy but who in the NFC was ..Gourde surley wasn't the best centre/gaurd in the NFC but I haven't seen anyone ripping that decision.

The other thing gets me is how does this article show how badly our depth sucks. Have a look at any other team in the NFCE for example and you look at our FA like Pucillio and Wade on the offensive lines - both used to be starters, but back ups on our roster, how many other teams have that? At WR who would you really rather have, Bown, Basket and Avent or Moss, ARE and Lloyd? We are old on defensive line and that is the weakest area .

I know last season went down the toilet but the WE SUCK attitude is tierd and has no impact when it is being applied to every single aspect of the team all the time . Everyone goes on and on about the 6 game streak was missleading in 2005 because we have sucked all the rest of the time but hang on did we not also start out 3-0 getting by the Cowboys, Seahawks....the worst 3-0 team in history as many would say but we did not get to the playoffs 6-0 we got there 10-6 .

There are some holes on the team but we are not the shell so many would like to make out we are .

Oh man, that's funny as you know what Califan! :laugh:

And the sad thing is, it's probably true!

Hail,

H

Archived