Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Usatoday Redskin report

tonyriggins

This is what caught my eye about that

Thrash, who'll be 32 in April, is heading into the fourth season of his second tenure in Washington. He had 12 catches for 151 yards and a touchdown last season while finishing second on the team with 26 special teams tackles.

Can anyone remember 12 times Thrash was on the field.. Hell even 5 times. All I know is when Thrash is on the field with the O he makes plays period. He needs more time on the field, if anyone is our "Art Monk" it's old mr reliable James Thrash.

Everything Samuels does bothers me. He lacks hustle, and he always looks like he isn't even really trying out there. Maybe it's because he doesn't have a guard as good as Randy Thomas on his side, but it just always seems like he isn't playing as well as he could be.

Why has he made the Pro Bowl as many times as he has? He seems to be an average OT at best.

Samuels should have never been in the Pro Bowl this year. I can't count how many times he screwed up. If it wasn't holding it was false starts or hurries or sacks...the guy is good, don't get me wrong, but he's also flat out overrated.

Um, if you could no longer count how many times Samuels had "holding, false starts, hurries or sacks" attributed to him last season, then you can NOT also say "the guy is good, don't get me wrong" and remain intellectually honest about it. The player you described would not be considered anywhere in the galaxy of "good".

For the record, the team allowed an impressively low number of sacks last season, so I'm pretty sure everyone would have no problem counting how many of those sacks were directly the fault of Samuels.

Um, if you could no longer count how many times Samuels had "holding, false starts, hurries or sacks" attributed to him last season, then you can NOT also say "the guy is good, don't get me wrong" and remain intellectually honest about it. The player you described would not be considered anywhere in the galaxy of "good".

For the record, the team allowed an impressively low number of sacks last season, so I'm pretty sure everyone would have no problem counting how many of those sacks were directly the fault of Samuels.

A fair critique. allow me to eloborate my poorly phrased statement.

I don't have the time to go back and count the things I saw wrong with Samuels's play this year. I also left out a major point, His run blocking was not of probowl caliber either. I can say that, IMHO, He had his fair share of these items in fact a large enough amount of them for me to clasify his selection to the pro-bowl as undeserving. I find it hard to believe that there were no offensive tackles that played better than him in the NFC in total this year.

That said I can say that he is a good tackle and still remain intellectually honest. He just doesn't live up to the hype he gets.

To be fair it's not just him, it's the whole O-line. I see alot of weak missed blocks...not playing through the whistle....Poor footwork....bad balance and leverage...improper openfield blocking technique...and a general lacksidasical effort all across the board from our O-line. The whole unit, like Samuels himself, are underachievers....and they are still good.

Think how good they could be if they played up to their potential.

As far as The sack stat is concerned, I'd say a large part of that is because of the quarterbacks being super smart with there understanding of when to get rid of the ball. If you didn't see our QB's running for thier live out there all year and playing skiddish then I don't know what games you were watching....I don't care what the Sack Stat says you can't deny that truth.

Maybe his contract offered a Pro-Bowl incentive. Maybe he just wanted the paycheck' date=' or possibly needed the paycheck. It's his life, and Chris Samuels is going to wake up and do what is best for him everyday. Just like I assume you do.[/quote']

I get what your saying but come on man. Your not seriously arguing that Chris "I restructure my contract every ear to get more guaranteed money up front" Samuels NEEDED THE MONEY???? Thats why you think he went to the Pro Bowl? Because he needed to get paid? Im sorry at 5-11 you gotta gimme more than that. I get he can live his life any way he wants. But that ENORMOUS salary of his (that you suggest he can't live on) I help pay for by buying every piece of damn redskins crap out there. I love this team. He can live any way he wants and on the chris samuels fan club forum I suppose disagreeing with our franchise tackle delaying surgery when our team was 5-11 last year to selfishly go to the pro bowl would not be tolerated. But fortunately this isn't the Chris Samuels fan club site. Its the Redskins FAN forum site and many of us FANS disagree with the way this player is handling this situation. Just our opinion. I get yours. And I respect it. But on this forum I can't believe you don't think this comment is appropriate. The tone of your post seemed like it was ridiculous for a poster with like 20,000 posts to suggest that Samuels is being selfish for this???

This is what caught my eye about that

Can anyone remember 12 times Thrash was on the field.. Hell even 5 times. All I know is when Thrash is on the field with the O he makes plays period. He needs more time on the field, if anyone is our "Art Monk" it's old mr reliable James Thrash.

Gibbs LOVES him. I mean he LOVES the man! Have you ever seen him at a press conference talking about James Thrash? He lights up like a Christmas Tree. I get the impression the guy is all work ethic and discipline. Gibbs really respects that and quite frankly, on this team, I see why he would like to add that to the locker room when he can get it for the minimum salary.

Gibbs LOVES him. I mean he LOVES the man! Have you ever seen him at a press conference talking about James Thrash? He lights up like a Christmas Tree. I get the impression the guy is all work ethic and discipline. Gibbs really respects that and quite frankly, on this team, I see why he would like to add that to the locker room when he can get it for the minimum salary.

Good. We need that type of player in our locker room. Even if it's to put up cones for drills at practice. I hope we keep this guy.

Any body who is all work ethic and discipline is an asset to our team...even if his gifts are not as great as others.

Samuels. He delayed his knee op until after the pro bowl. Another example of a guy here putting himself ahead of the team. Now, he will be rehabbing while missing work later in the offseason.

Count how many players named missed the pro bowl due to injury concerns or wanting to get a jump on next season?

Some things around here with this bunch never seem to change.

Didn't Samuels eventually decide to sit out the Pro-Bowl because he did not want to risk a setback with his knee?

Samuels. He delayed his knee op until after the pro bowl. Another example of a guy here putting himself ahead of the team. Now, he will be rehabbing while missing work later in the offseason.

Count how many players named missed the pro bowl due to injury concerns or wanting to get a jump on next season?

Some things around here with this bunch never seem to change.

#60? Oh #60 is not a bum but he's not playing at a championship level, and he's definetly not a road grater. Hell, you at our red zone percents number of visits vs number of TDs. Oh the pro bowl? Hell, I don't know how he does it either. Maybe he's courting consensus. I think our scheme is oriented around #60s side, but hasn't been much there.

Archived