Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ideal Draft Results (that are possible)

emor09

what is your ideal result from this draft? i would want to trade down and get 3 picks in between 20 and 40 overall, and draft the following 3 players:

1. HB Blades, MLB Pittsburgh- tackling machine

2. Darel Reevos (sp?), CB Pittsburgh- great cover corner, teams barely threw at him

3. Jarvis Moss, DE Florida- in 2-3 years, this dude will be a machine

what do you think?

Ignoring the unlikely ability to fetch 3 picks in between #20 and #60, Jarvis Moss's stock is rising pretty fast. I've seen him go in some mock drafts as high as Pittsburgh.

My Ideal/Realistic Draft would be:

Trade down a spot or two:

Draft Jamaal Anderson:

Pick up a 3rd Rounder:

Pick up Josh Wilson (yes, UMD bias is definately here)

]']Ignoring the unlikely ability to fetch 3 picks in between #20 and #60' date=' Jarvis Moss's stock is rising pretty fast. I've seen him go in some mock drafts as high as Pittsburgh.

My Ideal/Realistic Draft would be:

Trade down a spot or two:

Draft Jamaal Anderson:

Pick up a 3rd Rounder:

Pick up Josh Wilson (yes, UMD bias is definately here)[/quote']

I think Anderson may barely be there at 6. We probably aren't going to be able to trade down and still pick him up.

The problem is if Anderson and Branch are available at 6, teams know those are two players we flat out NEED more than any other team in the league does. Point is, I doubt teams where we want to trade down (8-15 range) don't need those two positions as much or can get by with Carriker, Okoye, Tyler, etc....

I wish it was like the 2004 draft where Detroit just trades down one spot from the 6th with the Browns and gets a 2nd rounder out of it.

what is your ideal result from this draft? i would want to trade down and get 3 picks in between 20 and 40 overall, and draft the following 3 players:

1. HB Blades, MLB Pittsburgh- tackling machine

2. Darel Reevos (sp?), CB Pittsburgh- great cover corner, teams barely threw at him

3. Jarvis Moss, DE Florida- in 2-3 years, this dude will be a machine

what do you think?

Why don't we just send Redskins 1 to pick up all the players in the Pitt program and have them suit up as the Redskins....:rolleyes:

Trade down to somewhere between 15-20, and pick up three picks in the next three rounds (probably more than one trade would be involved). With those picks, along with our own, select:

Acquired Picks-

1. Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska

2. Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan

3. Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee

4. Anthony Waters, MLB, Clemson*

Current Picks-

5. Tim Duckworth, OG, Auburn

6. Ryan Smith, CB, Florida

7. Rory Johnson, OLB, Ole Miss

*This guy would be the single best addition to the team we've made in years.

To get 3 p;icks between 20 and 40 Cerrato would have to be trading with Cerrato.

QUOTED FOR THE TRUTH.

Jamaal Anderson truly is our best shot at impact player, mostly because Daniels just sucks now and so does the line, so any improvement there will be very noticeable. If we didn't need line, and CJ was gone, I'd trade down and get another stud safety to play opposite ST, and then get a MLB with our 2nd or w/e

Then you should be calm. And if ignorance were bliss, you'd be ecstatic.

TK is a mean jacka.s.s. All the rules on this site are a f.ckin joke. You are always busting balls of the other members for their thoughts and then ban people for mocking that.

TK I bet you sit around all day every day typing little stupid messages on this site and think you are so powerful because you were made a mod.

GET OVER YOURSELF ALREADY!!!!

Most of the threads on here are stupid childish little thoughts....people who speculate on Mike Vick or Fred Smoot coming to the skins or Portis being traded....what a joke.

TK really thinks he is the Redskins #1 fan because he has no life outside of this web site. Sits around on his fat a.s.s typing thousands of silly messages onto this lame site.

I bet TK is 5'8" 280lbs and was picked on ruthlessly as a child because he was such a freak. Now he hides behind the anonymity of this web site for protection as he wields his silly power of banning members who he doesn't like.

Good luck TK, you stupid f.ckin moron. You will never amount to anything.

QUOTED FOR THE TRUTH.

Jamaal Anderson truly is our best shot at impact player, mostly because Daniels just sucks now and so does the line, so any improvement there will be very noticeable. If we didn't need line, and CJ was gone, I'd trade down and get another stud safety to play opposite ST, and then get a MLB with our 2nd or w/e

This is a thread for your ideal draft. Anderson, and no one else on the first day, doesn't seem very ideal. Don't get me wrong, I think Anderson, Branch, Okoye, and Adams will be studs, but in trading down, we can acquire a dearth of talent that will surpass the impact of any one of those players. I hate to pimp my own ideal draft scenario, but having Adam Carriker and Justin Harrell (who will definately fall through the first round, and likely the second round as well, due to injury) would provide much more of an impact on our team than any one of the aforementioned players.

Lets face another fact, who we pick up in free agency will greatly effect the draft. All these projections that we need to take this person or that person... or trade down will all be moot once free agency hits. What we think we need now might be something completely different in just a few short weeks.

Lets face another fact, who we pick up in free agency will greatly effect the draft. All these projections that we need to take this person or that person... or trade down will all be moot once free agency hits. What we think we need now might be something completely different in just a few short weeks.

This is a point that has been brought up on plenty of occasions. I think that some people are thinking that if they write down or say "Anderson" a lot of times that they can will it to come true.

Why don't we just send Redskins 1 to pick up all the players in the Pitt program and have them suit up as the Redskins....:rolleyes:

ok Time for me to throw some cold water on your PItt Feever.

Did you guys not see how badly Pitt got Run over by West Virginia? The only Defensive Player I think is worthy of bringing to our team is Blades. That guy has athletic ability oozing out of him. But I don't think he's a first rounder, so we probably won't end up with him.

ok Time for me to throw some cold water on your PItt Feever.

Did you guys not see how badly Pitt got Run over by West Virginia? The only Defensive Player I think is worthy of bringing to our team is Blades. That guy has athletic ability oozing out of him. But I don't think he's a first rounder, so we probably won't end up with him.

1. he was being sarcastic...

2. Revis has been slated in the 1st round many times from what I have seen, rated higher then Blades.

I agree with trading down multiple times, like we did a few years ago to pick up Ramsey. Accumulated picks and picked up the guy we wanted. Pity he got too shellshocked in Spurrier's offense to be effective.

Ideally, this is what I would want to have happen:

San Fran, Buffalo or St. Louis wants to move up to draft someone they think will be gone by the time they pick...looking at past draft pick value charts, the closest value to the #6, will be the number 13, and then the number 45. If the team covets a player, obviously they may be willing to give up a little more. I think the most likely teams to trade here are the Niners and the Bills. Niners need D Line help and may be willing to move up to get one of the big 3. Bills need a receiver and a quarterback, so if they see Quinn or Johnson fall #6, they may be willing to trade up to get one of them.

I think the more likely team is the Bills, so if they pull the trigger on that deal, Skins get the 12th and 44th. Then, trade the 12th to Denver for the 21st and 53rd picks...Denver needs a Tackle and Amobi Okoye should still be there. That gives the Skins the 21st, 44th and 53rd picks.

The Bears need linebacker help on the outside since they will probably lose Briggs to free agency. Timmons and Posluszny might both still be there at 21. Trade the 21st to the Bears for the 31st and 63rd picks. That gives them the 31st, 44, 53rd and 63rd picks.

Will this many teams trade picks with the Skins? Likely, no. However, I think it has at least a small chance of happening. More than likely, the Skins will trade down once or twice and end up with at least a mid 1st, a second and a 4th. Anyway, here's what I would like to see with 31, 44, 53 and 63

31: DE Victor Abiamiri, 6-4 270 (Notre Dame)

44: CB Tanard Jackson, 6-0 188 (Syracuse)

53: LB Buster Davis, 5-10 240 (FSU)

63: G Ben Grubbs, 6-3, 318 (Auburn)

Again, ideal--not probably and probably only the slightest bit possible.

This is a thread for your ideal draft. Anderson' date=' and no one else on the first day, doesn't seem very ideal. Don't get me wrong, I think Anderson, Branch, Okoye, and Adams will be studs, but in trading down, we can acquire a dearth of talent that will surpass the impact of any one of those players. I hate to pimp my own ideal draft scenario, but having Adam Carriker and Justin Harrell (who will definately fall through the first round, and likely the second round as well, due to injury) would provide much more of an impact on our team than any one of the aforementioned players.[/quote']

that's assuming our FO is smart enough to trade down. Which it isn't. So, really, JA or Okoye is our idea draft.

Archived