Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hall of Fame Protest/Activist Thread (Merged)

cozmikbuffalo

Click on my sig. I have e-mail addresses and everything each voter has ever written in print about voting for Art Monk.

http://artmonk.wordpress.com/

Hate mail probably won't be all that productive, but you can do it if it makes you feel better. I'll probably wait a couple weeks then e-mail each voter to try to find out how they voted.

Sorry bro - Didn't know.

Just read was surfing on it. Great stuff.

No - Wasn't thinking hate mail - But more of a letter writing campign to the writers, and their newspapers or magazine.

Sorrta the same approch used by Lobby groups....

In this campaign we take out 32 full page ads for each of the voters . Then on each of these voter Bio's we summerize their sportswriting , announcer , journalistic , stastitician careers . Whether they have ever had drunk driving charges or other drug convictions , whether they have contributed to any charities or local organizations for youth etc. Feature some of the work that justifies them judging these highly skilled and talented atheletes in what is the crowning achievements to their careers . Feature their reason for voting the way the did concerning Irvin and Monk .

And then we put the stats of each player and where they stood with their respective peirs and the league . And complaints about being a push offer or dirty player from defensive opponents . And then what each has contributed to in his respective community including embarrasment and scandal with the law .

There's not a single newspaper in the country that would accept an ad of this type. You wish to extoll the virtues of Monk, fine. But no character assasination, even if proven true, would get by the editors and the lawyers.

To me,

The Football Hall of Fame DOES NOT EXIST anymore.

No Hogs- Check

No Posse (especially Monk)- Check

#28- probably won't be put in

The NFL (and media) loves to mention Doug Williams in PR statements but I don't see a bust of him in Canton either.

So I guess the HOF isn't very important to me as a Redskins fan.

But hey, Crackheads and killers are more than welcome there.

Maybe we can start a petition. The first year that he didnt get in I sent emails to the NFL, Redskins.com, and alot of different places asking if there was something i could do to help. This is just wrong. I mean Hickerson, Sanders, and Wehlri were good but Monk was great. He definitely should have gotten in before these guys and even before Thomas, or Irvin. Anybody that has any ideas to help the great Art Monk has my support.

If Redskin Nation decides not to read their crappy magazines, then I think they will get the message loud and clear!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the powers that be look at the numbers (readership down) and the cash flying out the window then I think Art Monk will be a shoo in next year !!!!!

Posted this in this thread but it was merged with the email campaign thread so I'm going to post it again in here.

Besides writing emails, which I'm already in the process of doing, if there is anything else I can do to help let me know. I'm not a rich man so I can't really contribute anything worthwhile finacially speaking but if there is anything else I can do just let me know. If a trip to Canton to protest is organized I can more then likely make it. Again just let me know.

I almost think it would be cool to organize a "Million Man March" type thing & decend on Canton with everyone wearing Monk jerseys. A large group like that is sure to get the attention of everyone watching the induction cermonies minus Monk this year.

thank you, that is what I want too my man! We just need more people to say they want to do it

I'm so glad that so many people are ready to contribute to this effort and maybe a protest in conjunction with the Paper campaign would be more than anyone could ignore . But I especially want everyone to know that myself and TMK9973 believe by putting this on the record without libeling ourselves . Showing the resumes of the voters and their backround that qualifies them to make so many quantifying decisions for so many atheletes in article form for the record along with Monk and Irvins stats side by side , the penalty changes that afforded Irvin so much of an advantage than Monk , etc . In a 32 page full size with each of the voters bios , resumes and article quotes on each of the candidates the amount and the content of those articles , and affiliations through business or of a personal nature that might bias their vote and so on . Believe me a Newspaper coming out in Canton along with other key cities will do more to give light not only to the disrespect the HOF has shown Art Monk these last 8 years , but , the fact that of all the Super Bowl teams the Redskins only have 2 inductees from that time period ?!! Joe Gibbs and John Riggins are not the only ones deserving of HOF induction Bro'. The whole idea of this paper caper is to expose it nationally the day of the HOF ceremony so the everyone will be saying," Hey , did you read that article on so and so and how he got his start from the Dallas Cowboys organization. Well , now that will stoke up some fires under a lot of fat asses believe me .

We are waiting for the PA office of the Redskins to give us it's blessing to do this and then it's on to find as much about these voters as possible , assembling all they have said in regards to both Monk and Irvin and what they've written . Then getting it formatted , the graphics , and double checking the facts and stats , then getting it sceduled and printed . This will not fade away like a protest will , this will be historical record and an expose on the corruption of the process , the indignation to the players overlooked and the bias that exists for the Redskins franchise and it's players . This is our chance as fans to fight for our players and prove to them that we care .

Let's roll !!

Coz:2cents: :logo: :logo:

I almost think it would be cool to organize a "Million Man March" type thing & decend on Canton with everyone wearing Monk jerseys. A large group like that is sure to get the attention of everyone watching the induction cermonies minus Monk this year.

How big is the seating area in Canton where they do the induction ceremony? It would be funny if a lot of people went up there wearing Monk jerseys and when the ceremony started, turned their back on the stage and just faced backwards the entire ceremony! That way everyone up on the stage would see #81.

4) I know alot of us are doing this already but not everyone is. We should send as many annoying emails as possible to all these stupid sports writers.

I don't believe irritating the voters will help...it will hurt his cause.

If you want to calmly and clearly state your opinions on why he should make it, that might help. But if you just blast a voter and insult him, he's going to associate that experience with Art and that's not fair to the man.

:2cents:

Does anybody have any idea how much it costs to rent billboard space? How amazing would it be if we pooled money together and rented ad space right next to the HOF??

For the those of you who have never been there, the HOF is literally right off the highway...

I tell you a protest that the Redskins should have done but failed to do so was back in 2004 when the NFL put the Skins in the HOF game and instead of refusing to play the Skins went ahead and played in that game. The HOF was riding the coattails of the excitement and hype over Joe Gibbs' return and they wanted he "first" game to draw even more attention to the HOF weekend. The Skins really could have sent a message by refusing to play in that game.

Don't look for the Redskins to be much help in any protest.

The way to go is a peaceful public protest. We can go up to the HOF on 3 Aug gather and at the crack of dawn on the 4th until the beginning of the ceremony we protest peacefully. During the ceremony we should remain quiet out of respect. It is our constitutional right.

EVERYONE participating in this protest should be wearing an Art Monk jersey (connections are great ;)) and we will NOT be obnoxious. Picket signs should be tasteful and insightful.

I am willing to get all of the appropriate permits and permissions if I can get over 1,000 GUARANTEES.

The way to go is a peaceful public protest. We can go up to the HOF on 3 Aug gather and at the crack of dawn on the 4th until the beginning of the ceremony we protest peacefully. During the ceremony we should remain quiet out of respect. It is our constitutional right.

EVERYONE participating in this protest should be wearing an Art Monk jersey (connections are great ;)) and we will NOT be obnoxious. Picket signs should be tasteful and insightful.

I am willing to get all of the appropriate permits and permissions if I can get over 1,000 GUARANTEES.

It would be quite a sight to see over 1,000 Skins fans wearing Monk Jerseys in Canton no doubt . But , I really think you guys are not realizing how a historical record would impact on the sport not only on that day but forever !!!!!

Besides , Canton officials don't have to a likely won't let a clear disruptive group of protesters into the ceremony and most likely they have the legal right to citing that they are concerned that it could turn ugly and out of control . And let's not forget Ohio has a recent record of making things go their way . Bush 04 !! Remeber !! It would do us no good to get 2,000 fans there in support if they are never seen before or during the ceremony . And this could potentially turn a lot of fans , writers and players against us after all there are 2 retired board members in this years list . Sure , it might feel good at the time but is not going to right any wrongs .

I'll show up and protest with you if it's civil , classey and graceful like Art Monk is and it would be good for the team and us fans .

However , the way to make a historical record that can't go away with time is to do what has been proposed already . So these things need to be done together and not exclusively . I actually suggested the Billboard idea in another post yesterday I don't recall where , but , that too is a great idea . My idea was to get 5 billboards in Dallas and one in Canton too !!! And I'm all for a billboard right next to the HOF as long as it is done in conjunction with the paper caper .

Trust me Brothers , if we do this in a professional , factual , intellectual , diplomatic but forceful way we will be putting smiles on all the players that have been denied their true place in the HOF , not just all the Redskin players either . It will be nice to put on the historical record that the Skins have been victims of Bias in many ways .

Besides , by making it a newspaper article we will have our names cast into the historical record supporting our team and the truth . "You can't lose when you're right "

"First make sure you're right , then don't back up a step " Daniel Boone .

Coz:helmet: :logo: :logo: :D :D

If it were still the days of the old wild west, we could just hunt these morons down, tar and feathers their fat asses, ty'em to the end of 40 ft rope, strap'em to horse and drag'em through the desert until the only thing left was a blood stain on the rope. If only......

But since we can't do that, some form of protest is in order. A lot of good ideas here, but none that seem practical. A march would be great, but we'd never be able to pull it off in numbers that would draw enough attention. I doubt a billboard or full page adds would be allowed. On top of that, both of these ideas would be quite expensive.

Emailing people is almost useless. It's far too easy to click the mouse and be done with it, without ever having to read it.

Here's a thought. Snail Mail Wars:The Menacing Swarm

That's right boys and girls, a letter. A physical object that would have to be handled by someone being paid to do it. This would be a true cost for the recipient. It would occupy real space. It would almost HAVE to be opened by someone. It could not be ignored. We could use so many variations of envelopes-stamps they would never be able to weed us out. Think of their costs to collect, disperse, and then dispense of over 50,000 pieces of mail at a time!

At around 42 cents each, we could send so many that the mailrooms of our "Target of The Month/Week/Day" would be overrun. By the time they figure out what's going on, we'll be hitting a new target. This could have a better effect than anything else I've heard of to date.

Some requirements.

Short & Sweet

A simple, unified message is the ONLY thing to be mailed. No verbal attacks or foreign substances of any kind. Maybe just a one page letter with a picture of Art Monk at the top, with a list of his accomplishments. That way, even if they don't read it, they see Art's face, and know what this is about. Anything mean spirited or vulgar would only embarrass everything Art Monk still stands for.

Coordination

Everybody's input would be encouraged, but the goal is to have everyone be on the same page. We would identify the target, and determine what day ALL letters should be mailed. If we could somehow determine which day of the week was usually their mailroom's busiest, we shoot for that day. Massive overload is one of the goals.

Dedication

Doing this once would be fine, but it wouldn't really accomplish anything. At only around 42 cents a pop, we would need to make this a regular thing. How regular? We'll determine that if the idea takes off. For the price of a six pack, and a few moments of our time, we could get a message across, and cost some of these people a few DOLLARS at the same time.

Massive Participation

This would only be effective if we could get a minimum participation of 25% of the members here. More would be even better. With the financial cost being so small, there would be little reason why everyone could not participate. Those in better financial shape could substitute their mailing letters with small boxes, with the letter inside, further adding to the target's cost of handling and disposal.

Anyway, I'll be keeping an eye out for ideas to try and do SOMETHING. Maybe my idea would work, maybe yours would be better.

Hail To The Redskins!

Hail Art Monk!

I doubt a billboard or full page adds would be allowed. On top of that, both of these ideas would be quite expensive.

Yes it could be expensive . No it is not just a full page ad . It would consist of 32 full page ads . Each one representing a single voter , their backround , resume if you will , a summary of their past , present articles on the subjects of debate : Irvin over Monk , clarifying whether there is any personal or financial ties to either candidate like getting a start in the business covering the Cowboys etc .

And on each page we will have Art Monks Stats side by side with Irvins , along with the rules during each players prospective careers along with all mitigating circumstances that affected each player .

For example : Irvin had a HOF QB throwing to him his whole career and Monk didn't .

Plus we can highlight all the community stuff both players have done for their prospective communities since this is supposed to be about being leaders of their teams on and off the field .

Yes , it may be expensive but if we all do a small part than the lifting won't be so bad . And hey , letter writing is good too and I'm all for that . But , we want to make this about an expose' on the problem , the injustice not only to Monk but to so many other players in the NFL not just the Redskins . Although we could make that argument in that forum by citing the many glaring examples of it .

And this will always be a part of history , Dude !! Anytime , someone goggles the the O7 HOF ceremony , this will be part of the story . It won't fade away or never be part of the public record and it will make a difference !!!!!

Coz

Archived